Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    Quote Originally Posted by karimfadl View Post
    on which page was that? i already read the bikerdoc article but dont remember i read what u mentioned

Page 7 line 64 ????

2. #12 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Aside from increasing tyres sizes as already mentioned by prince666, I went for oversized tyres compared with the OEM supplied low profiles with the scoot. The tyres (Diablo scoot's) I have been running since that 'upgrade' likely add 1-2" in height overall.

I can only suggest that you avoid off road areas, or where you have to ride on rough roads in really bad condition that you ride slowly - ride to the conditions. I don't have any issues with riding my Jetmax or my Burgamn 650's (I have two of them) on rough roads, so long as I ride slowly and cautiously. The maxi scooters are not trail or adventure bikes with high ground clearance with long shocks or forks, so one has to temper ones riding style to suit when on scooters. Even my Dragstar 1100 Classic has lower ground clearance than my maxi scooters, and I have ridden with other mates who also have similar bikes on less than ideal road conditions, some more resembling of trails and tracks - again just riding slowly. Jiangxi province was the worst for road surfaces and me and a mate rode over many rough surfaces passing as roads which hadn;t seen maintenance for donkeys years, on our Dragstar 1100's. One can't ride on such rough surface conditions at speed, but I'm sure you know that already.

Admittedly my Burgman 650's offer a more comfortable ride than the Jetmax over rougher surfaces, but I still need to ride to the conditions. I never bootm out on either scoot when I ride on rough roads unless I'm day dreaming, but I also pay attention to the road surfaces and always try to avoid the worst sections, but if I can't then I slow down accordingly.

I read that you are 129kg was it? I'm 100kg so perhaps that additional weight you're carrying might be a significant issue, and adding heavier/stiffer fork springs with a higher viscosity fork oil up front and stiffer rear shocks might help you, but, the ride is already hard enough so it would not be something I'd do.

I think you might be better to consider moving/upgrading to another bigger maxi scoot or a totally different bike style altogether if the road surfaces are that bad over there. I am sure I'm not alone when I write that the road surfaces over here in these parts are anything but stellar. Easier to sell the scoot and buy a trail or adventure style bike IMO.

Good luck.

3. #13 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    thanks bikerdoc :) ur advices are much appreciated.

today i was using my horn and it didnt work then after 15 mins of riding it worked again, any idea why was that?

4. #14 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    thanks bikerdoc :) ur advices are much appreciated.

today i was using my horn and it didnt work then after 15 mins of riding it worked again, any idea why was that?

Hi

in the uk we have a old say when things dont work we allways say iits "SHIT IN THE CARB" but in your case this is not so ... best you can do is spray the horn swicth and the electrical connectors to the horn with WD40 and keep i eye on it sorry should of said a EAR ......

5. #15 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi

in the uk we have a old say when things dont work we allways say iits "SHIT IN THE CARB" but in your case this is not so ... best you can do is spray the horn swicth and the electrical connectors to the horn with WD40 and keep i eye on it sorry should of said a EAR ......
    LOL :D Ok prince, much appreciated. btw, i have two English friends living in Cairo whom i ride with every week, and they have high sense of humor :D

6. #16 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    LOL :D Ok prince, much appreciated. btw, i have two English friends living in Cairo whom i ride with every week, and they have high sense of humor :D
    That we do in the UK sense of hurmor and best of all i come from the East End of London which will mean northing to you but your friends from the uk will understand ???? most guys on here are from the USA so i say no more some are ok but some have there heads stuck up their ASS THe doc is a cool guy good infore comes from him hope things are cool in Egypt just now the world is strange at the moment

7. #17 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Update: i checked my rear shocks level and they were adjusted to level 1 while there r 5 levels, so moved it up to level 3 and seems better but still i have to try it further cause ii just rode for 2 kilometres after adjustment

Will keep u posted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12