Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Can i put a 200cc motor in my 200cc Qingqi? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Guys.

I want to put a 200cc Qingqi motor in my 125cc. is it possible with a straight swap? its a complete motor. can i simply take the old one out, put the new one in and run?

All replies will be appreciated:-)

Thanks,

Jarrod

2. #2 Re: Can i put a 200cc motor in my 200cc Qingqi? 
    Probably yes, but you need someone to confirm that 125 i 200 use same engine mounts.

P.S. If you see something strenge on the forum, you should know that you've asked for it.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: Can i put a 200cc motor in my 200cc Qingqi? 
    Jazza.. The main problem is when you go for MOT inspection. If the engine number does not line up with the registered engine number they will not pass your inspection. They are quite strict about this. You may need to talk with the Che Guan Suo and see if they will allow you to re-register the bike with the new engine number. If you say the old engine is dead they may allow you.

Quote Originally Posted by jazza_williams View Post
    Hi Guys.

I want to put a 200cc Qingqi motor in my 125cc. is it possible with a straight swap? its a complete motor. can i simply take the old one out, put the new one in and run?

All replies will be appreciated:-)

Thanks,

Jarrod

4. #4 Re: Can i put a 200cc motor in my 200cc Qingqi? 
    He is in South Africa.....I would say the mounts are the same for the Suzuki engines and not for a Honda types.
    The Chinese manufactures altered allot of Suzuki frames to take Honda engines, does not mean they are interchangeable.

I would bet that the Suzuki 125 and 200 share nearly everything except the carburetor.

5. #5 Re: Can i put a 200cc motor in my 200cc Qingqi? 
    C-Moto Noob
    I'm in SA... they dont give a sh!t about the engine number etc...

I can get a 200cc motor from a bike that had an accident. motor runs perfectly still. only has 900KM on the clock!! Best part is the guy only wants R1200 ($120) for the entire wiring harness, clocks, exhaust and ENGINE.

I have the 125cc. now would i need to change the carb?

reason why im wanting to do this is because my clutch is gone. It will work out cheaper in SA to replace the motor from this guy than buy a new clutch kit( I will have to import it).

Ive googled for days looking for someone who has done this conversion, unsuccessful! does anyone know a post or thread or any knowledge if this can be done?

Chhers,

Jazza!

6. #6 Re: Can i put a 200cc motor in my 200cc Qingqi? 
    C-Moto Noob
    I'm in SA... they dont give a sh!t about the engine number etc...

I can get a 200cc motor from a bike that had an accident. motor runs perfectly still. only has 900KM on the clock!! Best part is the guy only wants R1200 ($120) for the entire wiring harness, clocks, exhaust and ENGINE.

I have the 125cc. now would i need to change the carb?

reason why im wanting to do this is because my clutch is gone. It will work out cheaper in SA to replace the motor from this guy than buy a new clutch kit( I will have to import it).

Ive googled for days looking for someone who has done this conversion, unsuccessful! does anyone know a post or thread or any knowledge if this can be done?

Chhers,

Jazza!

7. #7 Re: Can i put a 200cc motor in my 200cc Qingqi? 
    pretty easy to check
    measurements only need to be accurate within a few mm
    measure the width of the rear mounts
    measure the centre to centre distance of the rear mounts
    the front mounts are just steel plates so make them to suit if they are not the same
    if it has a top mount do the same
    as mjh says very good chance they are the same

use the carb from the 200 motor

8. #8 Re: Can i put a 200cc motor in my 200cc Qingqi? 
    It may be cheaper (in the long run) to find a mechanic who can do it for you. The engine for that price is a good deal, and I imagine would be a bolt in (assuming it is also a Qingqi?), so you may just want to pay some more for a little piece of mind.

Several years ago, I had a typical GY200. The original engine went out, so I ordered a new one through ebay; it costs me about $400 US including shipping. I live on the US/Mexico border, and had met a motorcycle mechanic in Mexico. I took the bike and new engine to him, and for $75 US, plus a few parts he needed, I had the new engine installed. The point is, there must be someone who could do this for you in SA--hopefully someone with a good reputation, and would not cost too much. Just another angle to consider...

9. #9 Re: Can i put a 200cc motor in my 200cc Qingqi? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the replies.
    Yes, it is a Qingqi motor also.

The cheapest mechanic wants to charge me R2500($250) just in labour. I'm quite good with my hands and have done a lot of work on cars and boats. so if it is a simple bolt on it shouldnt cause to much issues?

I wont be able to use the 200cc carb as it was damaged. Could i still use the one i have(125cc)? with a fw mods?

10. #10 Re: Can i put a 200cc motor in my 200cc Qingqi? 
    It should be an easy swap. Look for the manuals around here to help you out. I'm pretty sure you will have to change carbs, though. Measure both carbs throats and you should see the difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast