Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Benelli BJ250-t8 
    C-Moto Regular
    Still enjoying it with just a oil change.. Everything is holding up well... Just wanted to add ... Bike corners well... You can really lean into it.
    I got pulled over by a check point on third ring road just before Agriculture Center ..had my plates under my seat as my first plates got stolen off the bike... B plate... They were arresting Chinese people and locking up their scooters.... They asked for license and paperwork. The bike was registered legally, but a B plate. This did not bother them at all. But I tried to show them my Chinese drivers license and they were not interested. Not even a glance... Just waved me on.
    Now the other thing was ...the bike handles fairly decent with two fat guys on it.... I am close to 130 kg and my pudgy American friend is 110 kg...I am being kind ... Bike got up to 100 kmh at 6000 rpm with that load.....just wanted to test it out. He agreed.
    Still loving getting around town... The 250 is a good manageable size still.... One of the guys pulled over at the check point had a Jetmax with 48cc sticker on the side and no license or anything.. The head cop ( he has the Piaggio 300) was ripping into the guy.... The owner of the Jetmax was in cuffs.
    Going out for a ride... Enjoy the weekend guys.

2. #2 Re: Benelli BJ250-t8 
    C-Moto Regular
    Yesterday we went for a ride into the burbs ... I had an issue but it was dealer related...I had my initial tune up oil change .... They put to much oil in my bike... So oil was being pushed out via the air filter. Not a little... But a lot. Another Benelli riders bike had been hit by a e bike and damaged last week. He ordered all the parts and had repaired it himself.. We stopped for water... His bike would not turn over. It seems the alternator was not charging the battery. Made it to Jim's Sidecars ... Had a bite at the Iron Horse .... After eating we got a boost and headed back to Beijing to my friends dealer. I drained the oil and got the air filter replaced ... Sounded so much better. Oil was not over the top.
    Overall the ride got interrupted ...only did about 90 km ... But met some decent people and made some new friends... Overall not a bad day.

3. #3 Re: Benelli BJ250-t8 
    C-Moto Regular
    In the a Benelli dealer yesterday .... I met a young Eastern European who had just purchased a new Silverblade ... 2 days old the bike would stall and not start again.... It has been in and out of the shop 4 times in 2 days. I would have demanded a new bike by now.

4. #4 Re: Benelli BJ250-t8 
    C-Moto Regular
    After swapping the ECU .... All is good.

5. #5 Re: Benelli BJ250-t8 
    C-Moto Noob
    2013-06-22_005000.jpg2013-06-22_005010.jpg2013-06-22_005020.jpg2013-06-22_005033.jpg2013-06-22_005044.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernalpanx View Post
    After swapping the ECU .... All is good.
    I went to Benelli warehouse in daxing , 50 km away from my place where a better mechanics are ! he changed my alternator and plugged it directly to the electricity stabilizer ( i guess that what it was ) ,originally the alternator cable was plugged to another cable which goes to the stabilizer placed in the front above the radiator ! so now no more trouble , the whole issue was the battery isn't getting charged due to a defective cable ! it gave me 10 days of massive stress and hassle ! but something positive came out of here ! i learned a lot about mechanics recently ! i'm glad ! the Benelli 250 engine is great , strong , smooth and silent at high speed ! it's a nice machine ! mileage 8500 km in 3.5 months !

will keep updating !
    Last edited by vivacity; 06-21-2013 at 04:52 PM.

6. #6 Re: Benelli BJ250-t8 
    C-Moto Noob
    today was a raining day ! just wanted to share that the front wheel seemed like floating , the handle bar was abnormally light ...my tires are the good BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX TH01....the hard braking in wet condition is just incredible , it does skid but it happen at the very last moment , it sticks well ! but I'm super careful when cornering , I avoid leaning much as i do during dry days....even though I feel safe but I better avoid bringing the leaning angle too close down !....that's it for today !

7. #7 Re: Benelli BJ250-t8 
    C-Moto Noob
    I'm thinking to change the original clutch to a Dr.pulley one ! we have to say that the original one isn't great ! and it does have quality issues ....all my friends who are riding the 250 got problems varying from a squeaking to a broken clutch.....I didn't changed mine after 5000km only ! however if anyone heard or knows about the Dr.pulley clutch please drop a comment here ! thanks

8. #8 Re: Benelli BJ250-t8 

9. #9 Re: Benelli BJ250-t8 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I see that on the black model Silverblade is IMO one hell of an ugly plate mount for the license plate. I'd be getting rid of that mount. If there is no obvious alternative way to mount a plate to the right side of the front forks that you look at getting a license plate mount for another model scoot e.g. it is possible to buy the right lower fork license plate mounting bracket for the CFMoto Jetmax (CF250T-6A) and then attaching that, this will then allow for the mounting of the license plate. Usually can find one bolt used to attach the front mudguard that can be used to mount the license plate mounting bracket with a little creative thinking. Some might argue that the mounting of the license plate to the side of the front forks is not legal, and they'd be correct since the law reads that the plate must be readable and not obscured when the bike is viewed front on. But, many bike have license plates mounted side on, and many motorcycle manufacturers supply license plate mounting brackets that allow attachment of the plate so that it can be viewed side on, either from the right front fork or on top of the front mud guard.

10. #10 Re: Benelli BJ250-t8 
    C-Moto Regular
    i have had to sets of plates stolen lately .... keeping them under the seat is what i was suggested to do by the police....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast