Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Ningbo Mechanics 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any actually good motorcycle mechanics in Ningbo, preferable in Yinzhou.

I bought a 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa and she's fourth person used and about half lemon, if not more. I would love to take her somewhere for a completely competent overhaul.

There is a street near zhonggong miao that has a bunch of outdoor street stalls but I feel like this is definitely in the "as long as it's running and doesn't blow up then everything is fine" mechanic category.

If anyone knows someone that is actually good, that would be a life saver.

Thanks.

2. #2 Re: Ningbo Mechanics 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I cannot attest to the wrenching abilities of this one... but... there is an after market motorcycle "dealer" with workshop that sells accessories, clothing, helmets and some parts for imported bikes etc heading away from Metro (Meiddelong) towards Yinzhou on Qian Hu Bei Lu, I think it is on either Qian Feng Xiang or Jin Shan Dong Lu. On a map one can see that both roads run parallel and beside one another. Both are a left turn off of Qian Hu Bei Lu. The shop is a narrow two storey affair on the right side of the road within 100m off the intersection junction, amongst some car detailers, car tyre repair shops and similar, so it may not be obvious. I drop in there from time to time, to see what they've got. Prices are bit on the high side, so I shop elsewhere. During week days when I have dropped in there is an older lady minding the shop so the young boss is either out or has a day job. From time to time one can find a few imported bikes there congrating round. There are a couple of bikes e.g. 650GS on the ground floor, plus a tyre changing machine etc.

A really switched on mechanic IMO and experience, is Mr Bao. He's a certified CFMoto mechanic, which is how I know him. His shop is out in Zhenhai though. Yu Fan Dong Lu, opposite Lin Hai Lu. The "shop" is secreted back off the road, and one will miss it as he doesn't advertise with any signage. Mr Bao doesn't sell any bikes so it is not a showroom type dealership. It's small like a long single car garage size, with a really dirty grime covered floor, but he puts his tools away and is really tidy which is not the norm in my experience. He cleans the bike after servicing to remove any hand prints he may have put on my bike etc. He knows his stuff, and has all the gear, can do tyres, welding, grinding, fabricating and almost anything motorcycle related. Mr Bao only speaks Chinese though, and can at times be diffcult to get hold of.
    Mr Bao tele: 15867290575

There is another reasonably competent mechanic also in Zhenhai who works on imported bikes. He has a Benelli dealership, but was independent up until then so wasn't really doing sales. With the Benelli dealership, he moved his shop from his previous out of town location and took on the sales aspect at a new shop right in the heart of Zhenhai township. The shop/worshop is on Da Jiao Chang Lu, <100m from intersection with Hou Da Jie. Easy to find since it has Benelli signage (mid-2014 relocated to the CFMoto 4S shop in Yinzhou, Ningbo).
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 07-08-2015 at 09:19 AM.

3. #3 Re: Ningbo Mechanics 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks so much Bikerdoc! I'll get on the phone and check these places out!