Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Folks,

i am new in this forum and enjoy reading through it.

I am a 31 old German guy living in Shanghai / Antingzhen. Now that i stay for long time in this "lovely" country i would like to get a 650NK for riding around.

1. Do u know a good Dealer in Shanghai for Cfmoto bikes?

2. I don`t have a motorbike license in Germany. That`s maybe the biggest problem now. I am only allowed to drive Cars and small Bikes, lower then 50ccm with my original German Driver license (B,ML).

So i need to make a Motorcycle License from the scratch in Shanghai. My Workpermission and the Working Visa is done in Shanghai.
    Do u know any ways how to get this license done? I mean a good Driving School or Agency or Bikedealer who offers this Service (Helping a Foreigner make the Bike license) in Shanghai?

The best way of course would be to find a CFMOTO Dealer who also offers this kind of service. Get from the Dealer the help trhough the license stuff and buy a bike from him in one row...

I am still searching for solutions and maye one of u can give me some tips. Would appreciate any help very much!

Thank u in advance! Cheers

2. #2 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    there's no motorbike school here in Shanghai, you can buy the icense (5000 rmb for the car, 1000rm for moto) but as you don't have one at all I guess you don't have experience, so I wouldn't recommend it...
    if I were I would start with a smaller biker: suzuki 250, Shanghai is a hell of a city to start your first bike bike experience.

For driving school you'll have to learn out of Shanghai or take advantage of one your holidays in south east asia (Thiland) where you can do intensive course.

3. #3 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    ---------------------------------
    Last edited by BBS; 06-22-2013 at 06:21 AM.

4. #4 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Here the original Chinese Cartest Exam from 2013. (Word document 3,51MB)
    Just run it through a translator. 100 of this questions will be in the Exam u take. 90% must be answered right to pass!

Cheers

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...Kopie.doc.html
    Last edited by BBS; 06-22-2013 at 06:21 AM.

5. #5 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by BBS View Post
    So i need to make a Motorcycle License from the scratch in Shanghai. My Workpermission and the Working Visa is done in Shanghai.
    Do u know any ways how to get this license done? I mean a good Driving School or Agency or Bikedealer who offers this Service (Helping a Foreigner make the Bike license) in Shanghai?
    Dear BBS,

Welcome to MCM. Plenty of people with no foreign motorcycle license or even riding experience learn how to ride and get their licenses here in Shanghai "from scratch" and there definitely are schools where you can do this, though be prepared for an experience that is surreal and not particularly user friendly, especially if you don't speak Chinese. There's an excellent recent post by new member Xiaoyin in the long Getting a Motorcycle License in China thread. Do also check out posts by themicah, who did his license from scratch -- with a small twist.

As for the CFMotos, the go-to members in Shanghai are themicah and Miles82, who both recently bought the CF650NK. They are very happy with their purchasing and "getting legal" experiences to date.

keep us posted about your progress!
    cheers
    euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    You can find 2 reviews of the 650NK on the forum:
    Mine:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...e-CFMOTO-650NK
    And Steve’s:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...%26%2365289%3B
    I drove it for about 2000km in downtown Shanghai and the surroundings and I just love it.
    I tried the Benelli 600, it’s a nice looking bike and if you pay attention to details you’ll see that parts look quite qualitative, but got several feedbacks from drivers that it’s not such a reliable bike: a lot of minor and medium problems with the gears and the engines. However, the design is well done, double exhaust pipe under the seat provides such a beautiful sound. It got a lower center of gravity than the 650 which helps for the handling.
    To be totally honest I think that the versus is close form a draw: 650vs600: it’s a question of feeling.

If you want to buy a 650NK, contact Jeff, he’s your man in Shanghai, he’s shop is located at 2717 Wuzhong road, near Qixin road, tel: 54860258, he speaks real basic English so if you have a lot of questions bring your Chinese gal. Jeff is friendly, trustworthy and reliable. I’m heading there this afternoon to change the handles.

Cheers,

7. #7 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear BBS,

Welcome to MCM. Plenty of people with no foreign motorcycle license or even riding experience learn how to ride and get their licenses here in Shanghai "from scratch" and there definitely are schools where you can do this, though be prepared for an experience that is surreal and not particularly user friendly, especially if you don't speak Chinese. There's an excellent recent post by new member Xiaoyin in the long Getting a Motorcycle License in China thread. Do also check out posts by themicah, who did his license from scratch -- with a small twist.

As for the CFMotos, the go-to members in Shanghai are themicah and Miles82, who both recently bought the CF650NK. They are very happy with their purchasing and "getting legal" experiences to date.

keep us posted about your progress!
    cheers
    euphonius

Thank u for the thread tips Euphonius! Very helpfull.
    I think the 650Nk is a good Bike and will most likely make it for me.

Cheers

8. #8 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmanda View Post
    You can find 2 reviews of the 650NK on the forum:
    Mine:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...e-CFMOTO-650NK
    And Steve’s:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...%26%2365289%3B
    I drove it for about 2000km in downtown Shanghai and the surroundings and I just love it.
    I tried the Benelli 600, it’s a nice looking bike and if you pay attention to details you’ll see that parts look quite qualitative, but got several feedbacks from drivers that it’s not such a reliable bike: a lot of minor and medium problems with the gears and the engines. However, the design is well done, double exhaust pipe under the seat provides such a beautiful sound. It got a lower center of gravity than the 650 which helps for the handling.
    To be totally honest I think that the versus is close form a draw: 650vs600: it’s a question of feeling.

If you want to buy a 650NK, contact Jeff, he’s your man in Shanghai, he’s shop is located at 2717 Wuzhong road, near Qixin road, tel: 54860258, he speaks real basic English so if you have a lot of questions bring your Chinese gal. Jeff is friendly, trustworthy and reliable. I’m heading there this afternoon to change the handles.

Cheers,
    Thanks for the Adress of the Dealer! Will check it out.
    The sound of the BN600 is really nice but i think u can also get a quite good Sound out of the 650nk by changing the Exhaust.

How much did u spent for the Bike? and do u know how much the BN600 cost?
    And how about the license plate? Is the Dealer also helping in this case?

9. #9 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hi BBS welcome to the MCM craZy land... <joke>

There's a used (near new) 650NK for sale in SH, one foreign owner. Supposedly it has all the documents and official fapiao and dealer sales agreement. I'm not sure which dealer the owner bought the bike from, but he doesn't have a plate on it. He had been riding it round SH unplated... but he got caught and his bike was confiscated by the traffic police in SH. Problem was not only did the bike not have a license plate, he didn't have a motrocycle endorsed drivers license. Luckily for him his bike is legal, since he had all the documents etc., just no plate, so he just needed to pay a fine to get the bike back.

I'm unsure what the outcome is for him with regards to riding without a motorcycle drivers/rdiers license. As far as I know it can result in compulsory term of imprisonment, 7-14 days.

I know all this as I heard through the grapevine he was selling it before it was impounded, and we had been in touch several times concerning the bike for sale. I was firm with my offer at 28K. Eventually the seller contacted me to advise that he was willing to deal, but it was too late as I bought a CFMoto 650TR to add to my collection. After the sellers bike was confiscated he contacted me for help and wanting to know what to do etc.

He now has the bike back and is keen to sell.

The price is now more negotiable as the seller is more eager than before to sell. The bike has been for sale for around 4-5 months.

The sellers contact telephone: 15000975216

Hi BBS, I just posted my experience getting licensed and plated over on the "ride reports" board. I was in the same situation as you, no motorcycle license back home. I got my 650nk from Jeff at Mingfan moto on wuzhong road. As mentioned above, he's friendly, helpful and honest. He helped my friend and I get our plates, although word on the street is that 沪C plates just went up to 19k. Good luck and DM me if you have any questions or if there's a missing contact number in my post.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast