Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sorry, the link to my post on getting plated and licensed is here: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...8289#post58289

2. #12 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi guys,

thanks a lot for all ur help and tips! Sry for the late answer. Was very busy the last week...

:) Got my license last week monday. C1 & D. Passed the examen on the third try (all in all it took 5 days to get a license from the scratch, love the chinese system) and now i am very happy to be able to drive legally a car or bike on this crazy streets in China! The official traffic rules are now in my head and i will drive according to the law - like every chinese fellow in this Country! ;)

Ok, first step done - get a license.

Second Step - get a bike!
    This i will do after my holidays when i am back in end of July. But this saturday i will go out and check out Jeffs shop on 2717 Wuzhong road for a 650NK and also a Benelli Dealer to check out the BN600. Maybe i can testdrive a bike this Weekend.
    One of this 2 bikes will make it. Think anyway that buying a bike is not the problem anymore, just get the right license plate is the most difficult part now, but this i will check out also this weekend with the deallers i am going to visit. I am sure they can help me in this case...

Thanks Topmanda for the links, ur post is nice and i love the mirrors u put on ur 650NK, where did u get them and how much did u pay? Gives the 650nk a lower profile and makes the Bike look much more better from the front. Anyway if i get a 650nk i will contact u for some more infos about the parts u put in bike.

@bikerdoc
    thanks for the Info for the used bike and the sellers phonenumber. will check this out also next month. The price sounds good for that bike. If it is still available. will check this out! But good story of the old owner driving without a plate...was a matter of time to get caught by the cops this way.

@euphonius
    i am sure we will meet somewhere in shanghai and i am looking forward to join u guys one day for a weekend bike tour in the country. Sounds really good to me. Would love to see more of China around this city and there no better way to do this on ur own bike! Will contact u as soon as i have my bike :) And thanks again for all ur help and all the links u provided euphonius!

@themicah
    Ur story is also good and i also have done everything with "Jane" from the sidecar Dealer. :)
    So u still enjoy the 650nk? Think this is a great Bike for a fair price and maybe the best bike to get right now in this class...
    The dealer also gave u a temporary License Plate worth 20 days? This sounds good. U got now a C-Plate?

By the way: Anyone of u know a paintshop for bikes in Shanghai? If i get a bike, maybe i want to repaint it to a individual colour and i am also looking for piantshops now.

Chhers from Anting

3. #13 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Just keep in mind, if repainting any vehicle, one has to return to the traffic police management bureau where plates were issued for the vehicle to have documents amended to indicate the new colour and also new photos taken. Since TIC and not all rules apply equally, it might be prudent to check first with the same entity in your location if changing the colour is allowed or needs pre-approval first. In my location pre-approval was needed BEFORE repainting a vehicle. The rules have since changed, and for motorcycles at least, the repaint can be undertaken then application to have all the paperwork modified after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by BBS View Post
    Hi guys,

Ur story is also good and i also have done everything with "Jane" from the sidecar Dealer. :)
    So u still enjoy the 650nk? Think this is a great Bike for a fair price and maybe the best bike to get right now in this class...
    The dealer also gave u a temporary License Plate worth 20 days? This sounds good. U got now a C-Plate?

By the way: Anyone of u know a paintshop for bikes in Shanghai? If i get a bike, maybe i want to repaint it to a individual colour and i am also looking for piantshops now.

Chhers from Anting

I'm loving the bike, despite a couple of weird little issues. Just had a weird problem with a cable running to the fuel pump that had to be rigged... I did get my plates on, thanks very much to Jeff at Mingfan moto in shanghai. He's also been great with service, taking care of everything that goes sideways quickly without any issues at all.

I've done a few minor mods and will write about that when I have some time. The biggest so far was the new exhaust, which doesn't do much for performance at all, but does make more noise. In shanghai, this is a very good thing indeed, since big noise = big deal = people actually looking when I pass an intersection or rev the motor. It improves safety 100%.

I was talking to a guy last week at the shop and he told me about some new vinyl appliqué that looks like paint but peels off when you don't want it around. They have tons of colors and patterns and it doesn't require a change to your registration. The owners name is Alex, he is from Taiwan and speaks good english. The shop is on Hong Song lu an Yili lu in Hong qiao, Gubei

5. #15 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi guys!

First of all: THANK U ALL very much for every help i got in this Forum! :)

I got my bike on Saturday and drove it 30 KM home to Anting and i just fall in love with it! Great Motorbike and so much fun to drive it. I am very happy! Not bad for a chinese full size Bike.
    Tried the Benelli 600 also and like the 650NK more, but that`s just my individual feeling.

The C-Plate was 20K - but in the future it will be more worth.

To go to Jefs Shop was a good decision! He just finished everything and helped me throughout the whole way with all Paperwork, License Plate, Insurance etc.
    So Jef is really the man for this bike. Thumbs up for him and his shop.

I took a Matt Black one, changed already some parts like the Rizoma mirrors, Exhaust pipe, Levers, Honk (Sounds like a car now that honk), took all the Stickers of and put my one on it.
    The Bike looks good, feels good and sounds good...

Still some tuning going on, wanna rebuilt the Tail to a smaller one to something similar like in this australian thread: http://www.aussiestreetbikes.com/for...d.php?p=456805.
    I am sure this will look hot on that bike.

Now it`s Break-In, so i run it now for around 200KM and i think i will do the first Service with checkup and changing Oil and so on this Weekend. Until then i will have more then 400 KM for sure. Until now no problems so far. hope it stays this way.
    But even if i get some small Problems with the Bike (anyway every Bike has small Issues to fix when it`s new) i am sure Jef will help me without hesitation. He is really a cool guy.
    So anyone who wants to get a 650NK - go to Jef`s shop. His shop is located at 2717 Wuzhong road, near Qixin road, tel: 54860258.

For now i have only this bad pictures, will make new ones these days...

IMG_2679 Kopie.jpgIMG_2673 Kopie.jpgIMG_2676 Kopie.jpgIMG_2677 Kopie.jpgIMG_2678 Kopie.jpg

Still cannot believe it really that finally after so much stress to get the damn Driver License with all the paperwork, finding a good Bike and finally get it all done and looking at the Bike how it`s parked at my home... :) I am very happy now!

So again i wouldn`t achieve that without the help of u guys. Thank u so much for all the help and links and tips u gave me! Cheers.

6. #16 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Congrats BBS on the new acquisition. Just a couple of questions:
    What is that plate sitting under the RHS engine? Looks like a licence plate, if it is what's it doing mounted there?
    I assume your parking in not secure, meaning underground car park?

If so, don't rely on that for a moment as being secure at all. Guys have experienced bikes being stolen from the same types of locations (underground compound carparks) communal parking etc. Forget about the BaoAn's since the majority are incompetent (generally not their fault, more likely the fault lay with the building management company that just wants to see live bodies in uniforms). Some of them will easily look the other way with or without the right incentive, financial or otherwise.
    Get yourself a lock from overseas, more than one. The local locks aren't up to much. A seasoned and determined thief will see to most of the local locks pretty quick smart. The alarm/GPS tracker, while useful, aren't infallible and many an experienced thief and theft rings, sniff them out quick pronto.

Within the first 6 months of the 650NK being released, a local guy's pride and joy 650NK with lots of mods and extras fitted, including locks and a alarm with GPS tracker, was stolen. By the time the owner got to where his bike was parked - gone. The GPS info was good for awhile up until the thieves discovered it, then it went dead. His thread about it all was on CFMotoclub and AFAIK Motofans. I'll see if I can dig out the old threads...

I've got the bigger brother 650TR... in amongst my fleet... all going well.

7. #17 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    thxs bikerdoc for the advise.

I know the basement parking is not the best solution but at the moment it is the best place to park the bike. Its directly under my Apartment.
    I would love to get a garage somewhere, already looking out for one...

I bought a good ABUS Sledge 77 disclock. I already ordered a good Kryptoflex Cable-lock. Needs around 15 Days to come to me, it`s importet. I am gonna get a good strong U-Lock somewhere. Still searching for a good one. I don`t save money on safety and lockings. This is very important especially here in Shanghai...Anyone has a link or knows a shop where i can get a really big and strong U-Lock. I will check taobao for a Foggetaboutit New Yorker U-Lock...or any advise which locks are the beste. Money is not the point - safety is!

Sad story for the guy who lost the bike to thiefs :( I feel with him. Thats the most terrifiying Thought what is running through my mind - that somebody steels it...

Yes i took the Plate away from the wheel and put it on the support of this plastic-cover u have under ur Bike. I took the Plastic-Cover off. It`s just fixed with 2 Screws on both sides. I don`t know for what this is good but for sure it`s not a special strong protection Cover for the bottom parts, like exhaust pipe for the Bike. think it`s more a Aerodynamic Feature for highspeeds!?

Anyway, i took it off and drilled 2 new wholes into the small plate and just fixed it (with 2 Stainless-steel screws, Washer and safety-washer) on the 2 supports for the plastic-cover i just took off before. So easy.
    The support looks nearly as it would have been made just for the small plate... ;)
    I put the plate on the right side, on the leftside it`s just covered a little bit too much from the gearbox. Right side it is easy readable and looks good. No Problem so far. Try it out, the position for the plate is optimal now.

The police stopped me already 2 times on the bike and they didn`t mention it - so no problem to have the small plate in that position. Maybe a different police officer will not like it :) If i get trouble because of that then i will change it back to the wheel.

I have seen the 650TR already, nice bike. So i have to enjoy only her small sister but i like riding her until she is screaming ;)

And if u guys have more tips or advises for the 650NK (parts i should change or check and so on - u have more experience with that bike) then please let me know! I would really apreciate that!

Thxs and Cheers!

8. #18 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by themicah View Post
    I'm loving the bike, despite a couple of weird little issues. Just had a weird problem with a cable running to the fuel pump that had to be rigged... I did get my plates on, thanks very much to Jeff at Mingfan moto in shanghai. He's also been great with service, taking care of everything that goes sideways quickly without any issues at all.

I've done a few minor mods and will write about that when I have some time. The biggest so far was the new exhaust, which doesn't do much for performance at all, but does make more noise. In shanghai, this is a very good thing indeed, since big noise = big deal = people actually looking when I pass an intersection or rev the motor. It improves safety 100%.

I was talking to a guy last week at the shop and he told me about some new vinyl appliqué that looks like paint but peels off when you don't want it around. They have tons of colors and patterns and it doesn't require a change to your registration. The owners name is Alex, he is from Taiwan and speaks good english. The shop is on Hong Song lu an Yili lu in Hong qiao, Gubei

And i don`t wanna change the colour on that bike, just love the Black Version. But thxs for the tip with the vinyl appliqué! I am sure u can "repaint" ur bike easy and fast with those vinyl stuff. It`s worth a try to be creative and give the bike a complete different look and then just take it off if u don`t like the "painting" anymore...

Congrats BBS! Let me know if you're going riding on the weekends and want some company. I also park my NK in the garage under my compound. It makes me nervous, but I think it's the best option. I was thinking to rent a small garage too, or even a cheap storefront somewhere, but I actually think the compound garage is safe since mine is so high traffic. I slipped the guards some "incentive" cash and no problems so far, knock wood.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376910870.375665.jpg

10. #20 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    Wow, I love that black!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast