Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    Hey BBS,

Sorry for being so long to reply as I was out of China.
    Congrats for ur new bike, I'm sure u'll enjoy it as I enjoyed mine.
    U asked me about the handle bar I think, but i kept the standard one, but I change the hand grips with Scott's one but not fully satisfied to be honest. I'm still looking for an esthetic/efficient pair of grips, if u guys know any, please show me the link.

Regarding Jeff, I told u, this man is pure gold, it's so enjoyable to deal with a guy like him.

Concerning, the tail modification and the link u provided, 2 comments:
    - no lights indicator anymore: not sure the police will appreciate that...
    - no mud guard anymore as the original part where the license plate is usually put has been removed (trust me it's actually the mud guard of the 650nk even if it doesn't look like one)

2. #22 Vinyl wrap motocentric 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by themicah View Post
    ...I was talking to a guy last week at the shop and he told me about some new vinyl appliqué that looks like paint but peels off when you don't want it around. They have tons of colors and patterns and it doesn't require a change to your registration. The owners name is Alex, he is from Taiwan and speaks good english. The shop is on Hong Song lu an Yili lu in Hong qiao, Gubei
    That application is referred to as vinyl wrap, and is quite common in many overseas countries. Numerous cars and motorcycles have had vinyl wraps, and the options are only limited by ones imagination and budget.

themicah, do you have any more intell or contact information about the guy/shop you mention? Did you get to see any of his work at all? What brand of vinyl is he using e.g. 3M? I'd be very interested in having vinyl wrap applied to my 650TR as I was actually going to have it painted, however the vinyl wrap option would be a great alternative, provided it can be done well. I'm also surprised to learn that it's being offered by someone in PRC.

Some odd links to discussions and examples of vinyl wrap;

forum with several motorcycle wrap photo examples

ferrari-360-wrapped-red

race support unit body wrap

Fellers wrap supply company

Fellers vehicle wrap video examples

Motorcycle forum discussion on vinyl wraps (2010)

Steelskinz motorcycle wraps

Motovinyl UK wraps

Skinwrapz USA wraps motorcycle samples

Bikeskinz motorcycle specific wrap company (good pricing options)

Bikeskinz customer gallery (craZy goOd)

Just to wet the MCM pervs appetites ;)

3. #23 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by themicah View Post
    Congrats BBS! Let me know if you're going riding on the weekends and want some company. I also park my NK in the garage under my compound. It makes me nervous, but I think it's the best option. I was thinking to rent a small garage too, or even a cheap storefront somewhere, but I actually think the compound garage is safe since mine is so high traffic. I slipped the guards some "incentive" cash and no problems so far, knock wood.

Attachment 13172
    THXS.
    Of course we can drive together. The Next weekend not much time. Want to go to Jef on Friday or Saturday for first Service. U drive around Shanghai or in the City? I have a C-Plate so cannot go Legally into the City ;) Allready drove 100 KM around Anting on the large fast Streets...So much fun to do sightseeing this way...

I am getting now big ABUS Locks, very good Brand and high safety. I get a Abus - Granit Extreme 59 26 U-Lock and a Abus Granit Extreme X-Plus 59/13 MKS110 and the Kryptonite Kryptoflex 1218. A ABUS Sledge77 is already mounted on the Bike. So all the unlocking later will take around 1 Minute, enough time to warm up the Bike :)
    That`s all i can do for Safety while parking in my Basement. If they manage to steel it anyway - then thumbs up for Chinese thiefs...
    Still looking out for a Special Parking Place like a Garage or Storefront. Would be the safest place. All those locks and inside a closed room. Very very very difficult to steel it - i hope.

:) Cool Shirt by the way! U got this from the CFMOTO Company?

4. #24 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Wow, I love that black!
    Me too, looks really good in Matt Black! I am happy to buy the Black one. I love black clean things, that`s just my colour. But that`s individual feeling.
    The Standard Matt Black Bike is really good painted from CFMoto - thumbs up!

5. #25 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmanda View Post
    Hey BBS,

Sorry for being so long to reply as I was out of China.
    Congrats for ur new bike, I'm sure u'll enjoy it as I enjoyed mine.
    U asked me about the handle bar I think, but i kept the standard one, but I change the hand grips with Scott's one but not fully satisfied to be honest. I'm still looking for an esthetic/efficient pair of grips, if u guys know any, please show me the link.

Regarding Jeff, I told u, this man is pure gold, it's so enjoyable to deal with a guy like him.

Concerning, the tail modification and the link u provided, 2 comments:
    - no lights indicator anymore: not sure the police will appreciate that...
    - no mud guard anymore as the original part where the license plate is usually put has been removed (trust me it's actually the mud guard of the 650nk even if it doesn't look like one)

No Problem Topmanda. :)

I enjoy it really every day. Just love riding it! Actually i like the original Handlebars. They feel good and have a nice Grip. But if anybody finds good ones which are fitting on the 650NK, then please let me know. For now i am happy with the Stockgrips. But Modding and tuning is never finished :) And that is a strong point - to find good ones which are esthetic and efficient...

Yes Gold! Jef is the Man! Really enjoyable to deal with him. Not so common to have competent stuff in this lovely country... Thanks again for the tip with his Shop to everybody!

No, of course i will put indicator lights on the tail! The guy postet more pictures. Look at this one:
    IMG_0987_zps39a7ac58.jpg

I am getting small dark Mini LED Indicator Lights from Germany:
    41Cwvga1udLSX450.jpg

This will take some time. But i think the Tail will look good with small dark Indicator Lights on that black bike...

And u are completely right about the Mudguard. I know that it is the spray protector. That is the point i am doing brainstorming all the time about. But maybe i already have a good solution. A extension part i can put on and take off quickly and have it all the time mounted at the bike...
    Work in Progress... not so much time right now start the Tailmod in next time but it will come!

The Rizoma Mirrors u have are great. I like them very much. Not sure if the ones i bought on taobao are original rizoma, but they are strong and good. No Vibration so far.

Dammit, i am sitting at my work and the bike is parked in our Workshop and i just wanna go down und start the engine and just let it go...
    I love it! :)

Cheers
    Last edited by BBS; 08-20-2013 at 09:36 AM.

6. #26 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    Can't look at ur attachment mate.

7. #27 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmanda View Post
    Can't look at ur attachment mate.
    hmm, i uploaded it again. Just Pictures. They show up now?

8. #28 Re: Vinyl wrap motocentric 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    That application is referred to as vinyl wrap, and is quite common in many overseas countries. Numerous cars and motorcycles have had vinyl wraps, and the options are only limited by ones imagination and budget.

themicah, do you have any more intell or contact information about the guy/shop you mention? Did you get to see any of his work at all? What brand of vinyl is he using e.g. 3M? I'd be very interested in having vinyl wrap applied to my 650TR as I was actually going to have it painted, however the vinyl wrap option would be a great alternative, provided it can be done well. I'm also surprised to learn that it's being offered by someone in PRC.

Some odd links to discussions and examples of vinyl wrap;

forum with several motorcycle wrap photo examples

ferrari-360-wrapped-red

race support unit body wrap

Fellers wrap supply company

Fellers vehicle wrap video examples

Motorcycle forum discussion on vinyl wraps (2010)

Steelskinz motorcycle wraps

Motovinyl UK wraps

Skinwrapz USA wraps motorcycle samples

Bikeskinz motorcycle specific wrap company (good pricing options)

Bikeskinz customer gallery (craZy goOd)

Just to wet the MCM pervs appetites ;)

Wow, that stuff looks good. Open ur mind and let the creation flow...
    Could do some really nice "paintings" with those vinyl wraps... This looks like normal stickers u can buy online... If its not too expensive u can change the look of ur bike every month ;)

Hey BBS, I made the shirt myself with a stencil. An going to try to make more, this was just a test ;-)

10. #30 Re: Vinyl wrap motocentric 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BBS View Post
    Wow, that stuff looks good. Open ur mind and let the creation flow...
    Could do some really nice "paintings" with those vinyl wraps... This looks like normal stickers u can buy online... If its not too expensive u can change the look of ur bike every month ;)
    They may look like merely stickers or decals, but the vinyl wrap is not. However if one has the money and access to a good supplier/vinyl artist then for sure, one could alter the bike as often as one might like... though there'd likely be some consequences sooner or later, either to the underlying paint, or if applying wrap on-top of wrap, then some issues will likely arise where parts will not fit against one another, or holes will not align...

But only limited by ones imagination.

Got to be careful in China as there are restrictions and regulations on what if any signage/signwriting is allowed to be applied to vehicles, that few know anything about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast