Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BBS View Post
    hmm, i uploaded it again. Just Pictures. They show up now?
    Pics work fine now. Just one thing though, is when connecting LED turn signals / indicators... is that the resistance usually differs and if a inline resistor is not installed then the flash rates will likely differ to the standard signals being removed/replaced. This means that the flash rate is too fast or too slow... just a heads up...

2. #32 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I am getting now big ABUS Locks, very good Brand and high safety. I get a Abus - Granit Extreme 59 26 U-Lock and a Abus Granit Extreme X-Plus 59/13 MKS110 and the Kryptonite Kryptoflex 1218. A ABUS Sledge77 is already mounted on the Bike. So all the unlocking later will take around 1 Minute, enough time to warm up the Bike :)
    That`s all i can do for Safety while parking in my Basement. If they manage to steel it anyway - then thumbs up for Chinese thiefs...
    Still looking out for a Special Parking Place like a Garage or Storefront. Would be the safest place. All those locks and inside a closed room. Very very very difficult to steel it - i hope.
    Dear BBS,

Great looking bike and thanks for sharing your enthusiasm.

One caution on parking in the underground garage. Even with 20 Kryptonite locks, two or three guys can drive up and toss the bike into a van in 15 seconds flat if it's not anchored to something. They'll work on the locks elsewhere. It looks like you could easily run a very heavy chain around that parking bumper, and just leave it there when you are out riding.

A GPS tracker is another thing to consider.

cheers!
    euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #33 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Pics work fine now. Just one thing though, is when connecting LED turn signals / indicators... is that the resistance usually differs and if a inline resistor is not installed then the flash rates will likely differ to the standard signals being removed/replaced. This means that the flash rate is too fast or too slow... just a heads up...
    Thxs for the tip!
    I will check this out. Anyway i have to wait now 3 Weeks to get the new Indicator lights from Germany... If needed, i will install a small resistor inside.

I want also tint the 2 front Indicator lights (couldn`t find this as a tuning part for the 650NK online so have to do it bymyself) with tint spray (special tint spray for plastic) which i am getting from Germany. It`s a small bottle from FOLIATEC (150ml) and very easy to use and if necessary to remove. But in 3 weeks when my collegue is back from Holidays in Germany. He brings me also other stuff.

So if anyone wants to use the tint spray just let me know. There will be enough left in the bottle even after 2-3 layers of spray on those small front indicator lights...

4. #34 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear BBS,

Great looking bike and thanks for sharing your enthusiasm.

One caution on parking in the underground garage. Even with 20 Kryptonite locks, two or three guys can drive up and toss the bike into a van in 15 seconds flat if it's not anchored to something. They'll work on the locks elsewhere. It looks like you could easily run a very heavy chain around that parking bumper, and just leave it there when you are out riding.

A GPS tracker is another thing to consider.

cheers!
    euphonius

Hi euphonius,

thxs, yeah i love that bike. Looks good and feels good. Thumbs up for the chinese 650NK!

A GPS-Tracker is of course already in the bike and hopefully usefull in the worstcase.

Yeah the proffessional guys they go for the locks somewhere else, i would do it in the same way. First load the bike into a van and the bike is gone. I am getting now good locks and i already found 2 good strong Steelsupports in the basement where i can fix it with the locks. It must be attached to something to get much more security.
    I am thinking about building something by myself like a small heavy box made of 15-25mm Steelplates, filled with sand to get heavy weight (impossible to move) and locked with tons of locks and put this on my favorite parking slot in the basement. Should weigh in the end around 500KG with big strong hooks on it where i can lock the bike to.

Lol, my imagination is unlimited and i am sure this "spezial 500KG sandbox" would be really a overkill but would look really funny in the end and would confuse every thief... :)

Or i just buy this thing with a crane and put it on my bike every night:
    images.jpg Big condom but safety first! :)

Work in progress...

I am just a small boy that just wants to have his new Girlfriend save and sound parked in the night ;)

Cheers
    Last edited by BBS; 08-22-2013 at 07:00 AM.

5. #35 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Senior
    No Problem Topmanda. :)

I enjoy it really every day. Just love riding it! Actually i like the original Handlebars. They feel good and have a nice Grip. But if anybody finds good ones which are fitting on the 650NK, then please let me know. For now i am happy with the Stockgrips. But Modding and tuning is never finished :) And that is a strong point - to find good ones which are esthetic and efficient...

Yes Gold! Jef is the Man! Really enjoyable to deal with him. Not so common to have competent stuff in this lovely country... Thanks again for the tip with his Shop to everybody!

No, of course i will put indicator lights on the tail! The guy postet more pictures. Look at this one:
    Attachment 13180

I am getting small dark Mini LED Indicator Lights from Germany:
    Attachment 13181

This will take some time. But i think the Tail will look good with small dark Indicator Lights on that black bike...

And u are completely right about the Mudguard. I know that it is the spray protector. That is the point i am doing brainstorming all the time about. But maybe i already have a good solution. A extension part i can put on and take off quickly and have it all the time mounted at the bike...
    Work in Progress... not so much time right now start the Tailmod in next time but it will come!

The Rizoma Mirrors u have are great. I like them very much. Not sure if the ones i bought on taobao are original rizoma, but they are strong and good. No Vibration so far.

Dammit, i am sitting at my work and the bike is parked in our Workshop and i just wanna go down und start the engine and just let it go...
    I love it! :)

Cheers
    I must say that tail does look much better with out that "mud guard", but i do wonder how much Sh** would be in air if you remove it? and how much that mud guard really protect?? after rain my back seat is really dirty

6. #36 Re: CFMOTO 650NK Dealers in Shanghai and the Driver License... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yeah that Tail looks really good. Want to build something similar... The original Tail and mudguard is really not so effective. My Backseat is also really dirty everytime. So the Mudguard needs some tuning :)

7. #37 Re: Vinyl wrap motocentric 
    C-Moto Noob
    Wow, that is one amazing list. Thanks a lot for sharing. I am definitely going to share it with a few friends of mine.

source:- Vehicle wraps charlotte NC, Vehicle graphics charlotte nc, Car wraps charlotte nc, vehicle advertising charlotte nc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234