Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Just got a Scooter .... In BJ 
    C-Moto Regular
    Ex biker turned Canam rider just moved to Beijing ....it took a while but after much fighting and fear mongering ended up on a 250 Benelli scooter. What a great little urban explorer.
    I liked the looks of the Benelli 600 ..... But no test.
    Just wanted to say hello

2. #2 Re: Just got a Scooter .... In BJ 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Gidday welcome aboard the MCM cRaZy TrAin... if you have a moment or ten, scribe us all a few words (with some photos for good measure) on how you find living with the Benelli BJ250T-8 scoot?

There is another MCM member considering between the CFMoto 250T-6A (Jetmax) and the Benelli scooter at the moment - so any information you are able to provide would likely be very useful.

As an avid biker, scoots as motorcycles I might have never given a second thought, had it not been for baptism by fire in Asia. Just so convenient and user friendly. I prefer my maxi scoots to my other rides most of the time. If only one manufacturer would take the plunge though and build a maxi scoot - adventurer hybrid, I'd be a convert.

Benelli China

3. #3 Re: Just got a Scooter .... In BJ 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Yes, welcome!

A few of us local Jing'rs have expressed interest in that scoot - it looks good. It would be great to hear your experiences with it.

As you've probably discovered, getting around in the city is best done by scooter.

4. #4 Re: Just got a Scooter .... In BJ 
    C-Moto Regular
    So far ... I am loving it .... Engine was running a little rough during the break in period when it was idling .... I am a big guy ... Weighing about 120 kg ... Enough acceleration .. With a passenger I do not feel the weight.
    It gets a lot so stares and can be a little tight at times if you want to split a lane. It has a nice feeling when leaning into the corners.
    Brakes nicely .... A friend who has one said to replace the tires right away, but I have not experienced any of the issues he had. Just over 1000 km in a week of riding... I was in Dali for a week so it got some rest. Alone I had it up to about 120 km and did not have the rpm's up to high.
    As I said so far no issues and a lot of fun. With my weight I am looking for stiffer suspension.
    I will update as time goes on.....

5. #5 Re: Just got a Scooter .... In BJ 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Good to hear your impressions.

I just noticed a Beijing policeman on one. I am not sure if they are testing it (only seen it once), or if it is now in service.

6. #6 Re: Just got a Scooter .... In BJ 
    C-Moto Regular
    I saw him too. I also noticed another with the Piaggio 300 ..... A friend of mine told me the police are getting faster scooters.