Went to the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show in the Washington DC convention center this past weekend. The only Chinese manufacturer there was CF Moto in the "Scooter Pavilion".

I got a chance to have a good talk with Glenn (seen here on the right) who's CFMoto's NE regional sales dude. We chatted about the peculiarities of the Chinese motorcycle industry and some of the common problems we face.

- Glenn working the CFMoto booth at Washington DC CWIMS 09 -

Glenn is dedicated to his work and says the CFMoto is actually a good company to work for (he's directly on their pay-roll and not running a joint venture outfit) as they're willing to learn. I thought it was amazing that CFMoto is not even one of the larger Chinese manufacturers and still has enough foresight to set up proper distribution channels, parts supply lines and hire Americans to promote their product in America... imagine that!

Anyway, hopefully, we'll have a chance to hear from Glen sometime in the future. The guys at CFMoto have been relatively succesful so far in the US so maybe we could learn something from their experiences.

------------------------------------

In Non-C-Moto related sutff... here are some personal highlight photos from my trip there. Visit http://imageevent.com/comradecarl/moto/09dcexpo for more images and comments.

- Ducati RR -

- Stacked out Duc -

- KTM RC8 -

- Victory Vision -

- Hard Core Choppers -

- SNortons -

- A little artwork -

Enjoy!
CC