Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Tires

1. #1 Tires 
    C-Moto Regular
    Best tire shop in Beijing? Pirelli, Goodyear... Something. :-)
    Selection and price are important but quality is most important to me. Tires helmets and brakes I care most about the quality. Well and suspension .... But mainly for my fat ass.

2. #2 Re: Tires 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernalpanx View Post
    Selection and price are important but quality is most important to me. Tires helmets and brakes I care most about the quality. Well and suspension .... But mainly for my fat ass.
    look on taobao for dealers there are few in beijing , but i will always back to the same one where i changed my Peugeot and benelli tires , reasonable prices and good quality tires are there ! I highly recommend BRIDGESTONES BATTLAX instead of any MICHELIN tires , the rubber take ages to get soft and it doesn't feel as safe as BRIDGESTONES ! however i'm not knowledgeable about tires but so far that what i noticed and experienced ...good luck

3. #3 Re: Tires 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernalpanx View Post
    From my experience (which is 45 years with 23 years in China) you need to fit tyres to suit the bike.. #1.. avoid metzeler Z rated tyres.. They are nothing short of dangerous.. I'd not even use them on the track or even a wheelbarrow.. Dunlop is always good as well as Avon.. Try and buy touring tyres as the amount of time you're going fast in this country is minimal. Also touring tyres use more rubber on teh walls which helps handling. On my dragstar 1100 cruiser I've put on a kenda on the front.. Bloody cheap and I rate it above bridgestone and the like and the rubber hardness is the same..You can buy on line, no point in schlepping around tyre stores. Also another thing.. You can take your wheel to any car tyre repair shop.. Usually the wheels are not wide enough for these machines but if you talk the people into removing the spring from the top of the vertical arm, they drop down low enough to work on motorcycle wheels.. It takes a minute with a hex spanner to take the spring off and put back on..