Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Yinxiang

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Yinxiang 
    Yinxiang is advertising motorcycles with a 200cc 4-valve engine.

One looks allot like a Yamaha TW and the other looks to be a re-use of an older Hyosung design. It looks as if they retained the once Hyosung Imperials frame telemetry and upgrade it to tubular steal from its original box steel construction.

Original Imperial GF125

Revised XY200-CA

XY200GY-2
    Last edited by MJH; 06-11-2015 at 06:31 AM.

2. #2 Re: Yinxiang 
    They are also offering this very unassuming bike that could host any of their high powered horizontal engines.

3. #3 Re: Yinxiang 
    Xinxiang also sells through these people, QiYuan "Chongqing Qiyuan Motorcycle Industrial Co., Ltd. is a professional manufacturer of CUBs, ATVs, dirt bikes and street bikes. We were founded during the period that motorcycle industry was under rapid development. We have win-win cooperation with "Yinxiang Group". Our factory is situated at the key base of China Motorcycle Industry--Konggang Industrial Zone, Yubei District, Chongqing, China, being close to Jiangbei Airport. Convenient transportation and predominant industrial environment are our two advantages. "

They sell their copy of the Yamaha FZ

Yinxiang calls it a YX200-CK
    Last edited by MJH; 06-11-2015 at 06:33 AM.

4. #4 Re: Yinxiang 
    Xinxiang also sells through these people, QiYuan

They sell their copy of the Honda XRE300

Yinxiang calls it a YX200-GY8

5. #5 Re: Yinxiang 
    We are likely to see more of the 200cc 4-valve engines in coming years, it is showing up in the Keeway RKV-factory.

These YinXiang models are not being as professionally marketed as the Qianjiang, however they both offer the some outputs at around 16.3hp which is comparable to the 223cc 2-valve OHC engines. Both of the 4-valve 200cc are oil cooled. They are likely the same engines and manifestation of a similar Suzuki design.

6. #6 Re: Yinxiang 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    One looks allot like a Yamaha TW and the other looks to be a re-use of an older Hyosung design.
    The one that "looks allot like a Yamaha TW" is using, as I can see, Hyosung Karion 125 frame. True, they changed the plastic panels, seat and some details, but I would say that the frame is the same one.

They are also offering this very unassuming bike that could host any of their high powered horizontal engines.
    This same design offers, as far as I know, at least a dozen, both, large and small factories. As far as I could see, this little bike can can be with spoked or alloy wheels, drum or disc brakes, rectangular or round headlight, different gauge clusters, plastic or tin fenders and chain guards, chromed or painted, mufflers also, with or without crash pads and rear carrier, electrostarter, displacement from 50 up to 110 cc... You name it! My favourite is Wonjan's WJ 50-C aka. Benzer Rapid 50.

But what's better than on the mopeds in the same price range (those step-through mopeds and Honda CD 70 clones), at least I have that opinion, is the frame. OK, they all have backbone frames, but this one, if it is not made out of rigatoni, it is certainly more rigid than those on the aforementioned mopeds.

Frame.jpg

Speaking of Yinxian and frames, I have to mention Stels Delta 200. If I'm not mistaken, this is YX's bike too. Basically, it is commuter/learner/fancy cabbage bike, whatever you call it, powered with good ol' pushrod. The design is unobtrusive, the proportions are OK for a small bike - I like it. But the frame is textbook example of half duplex cradle frame, plus, they used square tube swingarm (I'm alergic to those small diameter "pipe" swingarms, so I noticed this).

Stels_Delta_200.jpg

They sell their copy of the Yamaha FZ
    Yinxiang calls it a YX200-CK
    Aka. Racer Nitro 200

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa7koxOx0xw

They sell their copy of the Honda XRE300
    Yinxiang calls it a YX200-GY8
    Aka. Racer Ranger 200

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkSdHPRlQdk
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #7 Re: Yinxiang 
    Yep, your right Zorge they are the same, they have some sort of partnership with Hyosung in some way.

From what I heard, Hyosung engines were developed by former Suzuki engineers.

The TW like XinXiang is basically a re-skinned Karion and its 200cc engine is likely a bored out version of the 125cc used in the Karion.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MJH; 06-11-2015 at 06:37 AM.

8. #8 Re: Yinxiang 
    Keep in mind all the Hyosung engines were developed by former Suzuki engineers.
    As time goes by, it has become important to me that the engine of some C-moto is, as they say, "common", and spare parts is available on every corner. I do not care if the engine has designed by some engineer who designed the engine for.... beats me... "Tecumseh" lawnmowers, until somewhere exist well stocked depo (or even better - depos) of spare parts.

The TW like XinXiang is basically a re-skinned Karion and its 200cc engine is likely a bored out version of the 125cc used in the Karion.
    I do not understand the lack of desire among Chinese motorcycle manufacturers (unlike their colleagues in the automotive industry) to break away from the mainstream and experiment. OK, we know that they are not disgusted by "borrowing" other's designs and ideas, but I do not see why they don't go a step further, because I am sure that there they would make a profit.

Here's an example: that YX's bike a-la Carion, Van-Van, TW... I agree - not many C-moto factories makes bikes like those. There is some (not big, but existing) niche for those bikes. But why not to make things more interesting? Does anybody remember "Yamaha's" concept XTW 250 "Ryoku" - little "doomsday bike"? Every Chinese "cabbage bike" that think highly of oneself, has a set of massive racks and crash pads, so why this YX's "fatty" could not get some massive "barbecue grills" and "heavy duty" details (not necessary XTW's shovel too)?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #9 Re: Yinxiang 
    I know that these people are building some decent horizontal engines, they have a little 160 horizontal that puts out the same hp as a chinese CB250.

I would like to direct the Yinxiang engineers into that direction, call for them to create engines that are horizontal and for everyday use that are making more power then similar sized vertical engines.

Then offer something different, as in horizontal engines in street bikes

The engines should be also decorative in that the cases and blocks and head look attractive to the eye, they should be works of art. These old Aermacchi models are great however their engines were not that attractive, the gears cases are good however the block of the engine I see as unsightly.

10. #10 Re: Yinxiang 
    I would call them Super Super Lites or SSL for short.
    Very light and very powerful translates into a lot of fun to ride.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast