Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Yinxiang

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Yinxiang 
    Say no more!

Here's design for you - Guzzi Falcone 500 engine!

Guzzi_Falcone_engine.jpg

Fit it in some steam punk styled bike and voila - head turner is here.

No, no one in YX (or somewhere else) is gonna make at least 1/4 ofa a liter horizontal, because, IMO, they are too cumbersome to fit in different frames. OK, there was this French longitudinal boxer Midual 900, but this is just, as people say, "the exception that proves the rule".

Though, I don't think that would be a big problem to "stretch out" some of the common engine designs that can be seen on C-moto. I mean, we've seen the opposite thing - "bending" of horizontal engine (for example, Lifan LF139FMB-B).
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #12 Re: Yinxiang 
    That is not what I have in mind.

Half this engine, is more what I am imagining.

300cc

A very good mechanical engineering staff could achieve that, or something similar.

3. #13 Re: Yinxiang 
    The 160cc engine is really a racing engine? Twice its size and with 2X its output, I do not think that a 300cc horizontal engine offering up 30hp requires understanding quantum mechanics.
    Last edited by MJH; 06-28-2013 at 08:20 AM.

4. #14 Re: Yinxiang 
    C-Moto Senior
    I like most of the motorcycles in that lineup. The only one I don't care for it says it's a copy of a Honda (that I've never seen). I don't like that style of bodywork and front fender, but BMW has sole a bunch like that.

5. #15 Re: Yinxiang 
    Back in the day these were actually disliked by HD traditionalists. I got ridiculed regularly for likeing them.

The reason I liked them so much is because to me they were different.

6. #16 Re: Yinxiang 
    Its not that I like all of the Aermacchi, only some of them, like this one.

Here is a set of them, so cool, but your right they would never make these, They need to be able to sell tens of thousand of anything to justify the costs of manufacturing them. They do not have any suitable engines for these to garner any respect, the current horizontal engines all offer less power then a comparable vertical engines. If they did the engine would have to be powerful enough or the bikes would not be taken serious enough by the majority.
    Last edited by MJH; 06-11-2015 at 06:49 AM.

7. #17 Re: Yinxiang 
    This is probably the engine that would be most viable to build up, and it likely could be brought up to 20hp.
    It is a 150 with 11hp

They could make the bike lighter and more powerful then the original model, it be expensive to bring to production attaining that, but these people have been convinced that low cost rules and many of them are attempting to get higher prices for what they manufacture without attaining any significant innovations.

They mass produce these and with 50cc engines for the masses,

however they could offer the YX 1P56FMJ-5 150cc engine in these and with up grades to support the 11hp engine, then also stylize them. That would be a good starting point for building up the engine and making then the version that would be more substantial. There are lots of niche markets and if they are very large manufactures then they actually have to maintain many ranges and styles of offerings.

8. #18 Re: Yinxiang 
    I am of the opinion that you are only as good as the company you keep, it is interesting to see Kohler partnering with YinXiang while they are manufacturing blatant copies of Honda and Yamaha designs. .

I would rather see YinXiang professionally negotiate and through and with respect to all existing international laws.

They could approach Audi/Ducati for a technology share in an alternate realty? They could vie for the demonic valve technology and with clear and fairly defined manufacturing, marketing and distribution boundaries.

They could be making affordable L engines for specific models under specific brand names with defined markets.
    These engines could be in different forms such as bigger horizontal as well as verticals, all proprietary and protected with real rights to them.

9. #19 Re: Yinxiang 
    These people seem to be imagining this bike out of Yinxiang...looks like an XL230 frame.

http://www.supermotorcompany.com/new-bike/

Honda XL230
    Last edited by MJH; 06-11-2015 at 07:26 AM.

10. #20 Re: Yinxiang 
    Yinxiang could and probably should bring the original design to the market, with disk brakes. Then Smart Motors could get the base for their custom version? Many Chinese Manufactures make the XL185 frame, this XL230 frame is nothing much more than a more substantial.

Honda XL185

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast