Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Shineray X2 Info PDF from Factory 
    Shineray has sent MyChinaMoto their promotional PDF for both the new, ready for export X2.

The X2 PDF below has probably the most info you can find in one place on the X2. It includes spec, descriptions, product history and photos of it in action. A street version of the X2 is in the works and I will certainly post that info if we get it.

Any dealer or distributor looking to contact Shineray can ask me for their factory sales contact info. It looks like a good product so lets hope it takes off and stands the test of time!

CC
    Attached Files
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Well, I'm no motocross expert but specs seems ok - wonder how the price will compare..

Good question. There's FOB and cost to consumer. Tow totally different things. Let's hope there are some importers/distributors out there willing to try!

CC

Thanks for the .pdf, I'm glad that Shineray can eat humble pie and pay kudos to Japanese manufacturers, this shows that they are not suffering from and arrogance, and also know what a good bike should be.

I really hope they are proud of and have built this bike properly. Dirt bikers are the most numerous passionate recreational riders in China and will love to have a decent powerful reliable Chinese bike.

18KW from a 250cc single engine for a Chinese manufacturer is something to be proud of. It's insane when you realize that the Honda CRF 250 has 32KW

So if I lived in a western country I wouldn't get a Shineray unless it was half the price of the Honda. Living in China, I'll keep a close eye on Shineray!

that mud track looks epic...
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post

So if I lived in a western country I wouldn't get a Shineray unless it was half the price of the Honda.
    This seems to sum up the Chinese bike market in the US (Canada has across the board taxes that have an across the board higher than US prices for all brands of motorcycles).

This is what will be interesting--higher quality bikes from China priced in the correct range.

I might be simplifying the US market a bit, but if a bike doesn't fall in the $1k range, such as what we have been used to with all the dirt and dual-sport bikes from China, then if one is to spend more, there are plenty of used bikes available from Japan. (The guy I bought my Ascot from had bought a Honda Shadow 750 for $3000 US--near perfect condition bike).

If the price is in the $2k US range, and one does not have the cash, such as the Qlinks, then one has to finance. The dilemma then becomes--why not finance a $4000 bike (Suzuki DR200s or Yamaha TW200) than a $3000 bike (Qlink 200 motard), considering the known quality and parts/repair facilities availability for the Japanese brands?

Realisitically, then, Shineray will have to sort out their prices and where they fit into the market they want to enter. I, personally, like the 250 dual-sport they have, but won't pay over $2k for it. Just my opinion, but from the few years of reading about the Chinese bikes from many US residents, this kind of sums up our collective reasoning. Other countries (such as our neighbor, who I mentioned, Canada) have slightly different dynamics, and residents will pay $2500-$3000 for a new Chinese bike, but it's not necessarily the companies who pocket the difference in cash, and that price compares with a $6000+ equivalent Japanese bike.

What an articulate answer from the Cunninator!

I think it's entirely unreasonable to make sweeping statments like "all Chinese bike should cost no more than 1900 bucks" and it's not because of tax issues either. The reason is simple, it costs more money to make better products.

While everyone likes to get quality new stuff for cheap, fact is it doesn't usually happen. Why? Because the costs of replicating and rebadging a 20 year old design is quite low. Machines are already tooled and little or no research needs to be done. When a company starts putting in research time, custom designed components and the all important marketing, then the prices are going to go up so the company can recover some (hopefully all) of that investment.

It's seems absurd to say "I want a Japanese qualty bike for Chinese prices of three years ago" because that's fundamentally unreasonable economics. It's true that there are GREAT used Japanese bikes out there which make for stiff competition in the Western markets and this will naturally have some effect on how much a Chinese manufacturer and importer can/should charge for their bikes.

Considering some of the newer Chinese bikes look to have slightly higher quality components and unique plastics, then I would expect the price to go up at least a little. Wether it should be any more than 3000 bucks is another question and I think the price for a new Chinese bike would need to stay below that point until they are clearly competetitive with similar speced Japanes and European models. As I've always said, QLink is charging too much for the 200GYs!

CC

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Have a look at this, this is the super motatrd version of the X2, it has just got its EEC certificate and i think it look amazing in this colour scheme.

I am still swaying over the idea about importing the X2 dirt bike and the X2 Super motard, i really want to but im worring about the amount of intrest i would have in the UK.

Give me your view and have a look.

No doubt that could be a really fun bike and looks like it could give the Japanese bikes in this class a run for their money.

CC

10. #10 X2 250-2 
    There's a silver X2 on display in Chongqing Airport. I thought it looked really good and am thinking of investing in one. I had a friend phone Shineray about the bike - model and price - and they said it was an X2. Price RMB 14 800, and RMB 15 800. I'm given to understand the price difference relates to the headlight assembly - the more expensive model has a bigger light. The bike on display in the airport looks like the green model in the photo posted by Pinchers at the bottom of page 2 of this thread. It looked more on/off road than enduro. From Pinchers' pics do I assume that there are two versions of this bike?
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast