Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Regal Raptor DD125E carbs 
    C-Moto Noob
    I was reading around the internet about the Regal Raptor DD125E.
    I came across a man who'd replaced his carb with a Mikuni 110-140cc Pit Bike carb and had put a cone air filter on it.
    He claims he got an extra 10-15mph top speed out of it and his engine strained a lot less at top-end.

I was wondering if anyone else here had any experience with replacing the carb/air filter and what their experience was like.

Either way, I'll be buying the exact same carb and air filter this week so I'll be sure to post about it.

This is my bike:

The carb I'll be getting:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-mi...item3380936b4d

And the air filter:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Motorc...item416a8330f7

These parts should work together, but again, I was hoping to find someone with experience with this bike and tuning it up a bit.
    It's not like I want it to do 180MPH and wheelie when I pull away, just want it to be a bit less... Vibrate-y and more reliable at higher speeds. (Between 60-70mph)

Cheers guys :D

2. #2 Re: Regal Raptor DD125E carbs 
    C-Moto Noob
    Oh, just an update, I'm also on the lookout for a performance/racing CDI and some decent plugs for this. Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction?

I'm quite new to all this tinkering and would like to get my bike to perform a little better. (Quite hard to keep up with my mates without worrying about the engine blowing up underneath me.)

3. #3 Re: Regal Raptor DD125E carbs 
    Not looked at the link I'm guessing it's the 30mm mikuni carb, very easy swap, I find it improves response and smoothes the acceleration, it did improve top end by a few mph but not 10-15mph

if anything check my link to my blog in my Sig to get an idea
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

My Project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

4. #4 Re: Regal Raptor DD125E carbs 
    C-Moto Noob
    Very interesting stuff, I've read right through it.

I can say this however, the carb I was looking at was actually the 26mm vm22.
    Is there much difference between the vm22 (26mm) and the vm 26 (30mm)?

5. #5 Re: Regal Raptor DD125E carbs 
    There's often confusions as some people call the 26mm a 30mm, basically the 30mm intake side and 26mm end is to manifold.

Bigger carbs are not always better, usually you upgrade carbs when the engine exceeds the air capacity and the carb becomes restrictive.

Bigger carb will help if the engine has a better volumetric efficiency (ve), apart from that all a bigger carb will do is make WOT (wide open throttle) occur earlier as a smaller opening on a bigger carb will be like a small carb open all the way. So either carb will be fine just take in mind that the bigger carb will reach WOT earlier.
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

My Project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

6. #6 Re: Regal Raptor DD125E carbs 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for that, putting it into terms I understand :P
    I'll stick with getting the vm22 then, as I believe where I read about the mikuni carb being used, the guy also used the vm22.

EDIT: I'll probably follow suit and make a blog about what I'm doing, record videos and such. Might be able to help other newbies out and maybe they'll not make the same mistakes as I'm bound to :P

7. #7 Re: Regal Raptor DD125E carbs 
    C-Moto Noob
    I've just been looking my bike over, turns out it has a twin carb thing going on.

I'm not too smart when it comes to motors and I'm trying my best to learn, would it be ok to buy two of these:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIT-BIKE-M...item2a2e3c1143

And whack both of them on?

Or would I have to go for something like this...
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-MI...item3a79d17953
    And put that on?

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Going to pull bike apart tonight when I finish work, take some pictures and get them on here. Would be great to have some feedback from people that know a lot more than me :P

also: payday tomorrow, hoping to come to a decision by the end of the night :D