Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Brice de Zhuhai

1. #1 Brice de Zhuhai 
    Hi I'm Brice, I live with the whole family in Zhuhai, a mid size (2 M inhabitants) nice coastal city in South China.

Zhuhai is the border town with Macau and Hong Kong is 45 minutes by ferry on the other side of the Perl River Delta.

I'm riding in China since few weeks a Yamaha XJR 400. I'm looking to buy some C-Moto in the coming weeks and if the situation allows it to ride the bike during my next Sichuan/QingHai trip this summer.

We also own a Chinese 4WD made by Beijing Automobile Work, model ZhanQi. A Rough, cheap and fairly reliable car which is a mix between a Russian UAZ and a Jeep. Once adequately modded, ZhanQi can drive you around the World.

Last Year, Wife and I made a 8000km loop in South West China (Guizhou, Sichuan, Yunnan, GuangXi) during summer. You can follow this trip report and see some pics on Wife's blog.

Lunch time, as French we take it very seriously.

A mountain pass in West Sichuan, 4200m
    Last edited by Brice; 04-23-2008 at 07:42 AM.

Sounds like you live the good, Chinese life! I have always desired to visit HK with all its hustle and bustle, and with Daniel Montejo's website/videos, 'Beemer Boy' and Carl's posts on advrider and chinariders, the rest of China, too.

And with the cost of bikes there, it looks to be a no-brainer!

So far being in China is positive for our family. This is not our first (or last) experience to live in another country so we didn't get a big culture shock and we were able to adapt easily.

Biggest issue is the language and reading/writing barrier. Wife and kids speak fairly well but my Chinese don't go further the basic survival kit.

Riding can be more complicated because of the road risks involved and some restrictions specifically on the coastal and east part of China.

I recommend everybody to visit China. Spend few days to see the classic sightseeings then try the countryside or the small cities without a tourist guide. Can be tricky but certainly rewarding.