Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Soon apart of the family! 
    C-Moto Noob
    im 95% sure im going to buy a chinese motorcycle within the next month :) im just lookin for maintenance ideas and possibly some modifications i can do :D if you have any good ideas for a first moto let me know please!!!

Welcome (insert name here). Sorry, I can't call someone ass kicker with a straight face unless he looks like Manny Pacquiao. Get yourself a CFmoto 650nk !

They look smooth, ride smooth and you can get tons of sweet mods like brake levers and aftermarket tank stickers ;-) Actually, you can play with them a bit, I'm told. There's a standing bet in my office over who will get the exhaust modded first, me or Miles82... As soon as I learn to ride the thing properly I'll set on it with the socket wrenches.

If you're looking to do some serious touring, the Jialing JH600 seems to be a go to model here.

3. #3 Re: Soon apart of the family! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by azzkicker1994 View Post
    im 95% sure im going to buy a chinese motorcycle within the next month :) im just lookin for maintenance ideas and possibly some modifications i can do :D if you have any good ideas for a first moto let me know please!!!
    Hey Dude, just starting to play with my 650NK and can say the mods are all quite doable thanks to its uncanny resemblance to the er6 Kawasaki although I will warn to make sure the warranty in bulletproof as this is a first generation bike and they have had their share of problems(mines in getting a head seal done and an injector replaced) Don't let this scare you off though its the best BANG for BUCK out there and a shitload of fun to ride

4. #4 Re: Soon apart of the family! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey Dude, just starting to play with my 650NK and can say the mods are all quite doable thanks to its uncanny resemblance to the er6 Kawasaki although I will warn to make sure the warranty in bulletproof as this is a first generation bike and they have had their share of problems(mines in getting a head seal done and an injector replaced) Don't let this scare you off though its the best BANG for BUCK out there and a shitload of fun to ride

5. #5 Re: Soon apart of the family! 
    C-Moto Noob
    i live in the US. is there a website i can find the 650NK on?

6. #6 Re: Soon apart of the family! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    i live in the US. is there a website i can find the 650NK on?
    They have their own facebook page where you can contact them for details, is the NK out in the states yet?

7. #7 Re: Soon apart of the family! 
    I have seen the bikes on the CF MOTO website for the US, but not much info as to who actually has them.

A good first bike in my opinion would be a Qlink XF 200, or the nearly identical, but more optioned SSR XF 200 or XF 200.

Www.cfmoto-us.com/
    Www.ssrmotorsports.com
    Www.qlinkmotor.com

The guy at the factory told us there are 18 dealers in the US. Their Australian website has information that is practically English ;-)

http://www.cfmoto.com.au/

9. #9 Re: Soon apart of the family! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    CFMoto USA has it's own website... as do other counties/regions where CFmoto are being imported/exported
    http://cfmoto-us.com/
    Page on the 650NK
    http://cfmoto-us.com/products/motorcycles/650-nk
    Page for the 650TK (in China this model is the 650TR).
    http://cfmoto-us.com/products/motorcycles/650-tk

CFMoto renamed the TR (650TR) suffix to that of TK (650TK) to make it a better fit to the NK (650NK) for overseas markets.

OP you mention wanting to find a Chinese bike as a first bike. Does this mean you have not ridden motorcycles before, or have a learners/restricted motorcycle endorsement/drivers license?
    If so, then you'd need to check if the CFmoto 650's are learner approved as they are in some jurisdictions (e.g. Australia) where the ECM/ECU detunes the engine HP down. I note that the 650's are only 45kw (60hp) in the USA market versus 52kw (75hp) here in PRC. This might indicate that the 650's are detuned for approval as learner models.

I'd recommend the 650TK over and above the 650NK, since it overs extra features such as integrated panniers, fairing and screen, fairing integrated cubbies. But each to his/her own. Having written that I'm also a fan of maxi scooters and ADV style bikes. The Jetmax has a spot in my garage alongside a Burgman 650 Executive. CFMoto are developing (secretly) a ADV style bike based on the same engine as the 650NK/TK/TR, in partnership with KTM. If you're a fan of ADV bikes then might be worthwhile holding off any purchase for a bit...

10. #10 Re: Soon apart of the family! 
    You can allso look at

http://www.cfmoto.cn/

All in English and full details of all the products Cfmoto makes you can download bike manuals
    in English as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast