Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Rent a scooter in Kunming 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello,
    I m looking to rent a gas scooter or small motorbike, for some days. I will be in Kunming next week.
    Ive found this thread, but it s 3 years old, does anyone know if this guy is still there or if there s other one where it s possible to rent a scoote (50cc) just to go around Kunming.
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...kunming+honest

Thanks,
    Vahé

2. #2 Re: Rent a scooter in Kunming 
    Quote Originally Posted by flamby View Post
    Hello,
    I m looking to rent a gas scooter or small motorbike, for some days. I will be in Kunming next week.
    Ive found this thread, but it s 3 years old, does anyone know if this guy is still there or if there s other one where it s possible to rent a scoote (50cc) just to go around Kunming.
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...kunming+honest

Thanks,
    Vahé
    Hi Vane

You will find it very hard to rent a bike in china . my 3 years here i have never seen 1 shop that rents bikes the main reason is you need a chinese DL to ride in china but if you look for a E- bike you dont need to have a DL and some of these E bike are fast and can get over 70km range so if you are just staying around town a e-bike will be better for you and you can ride legal ok as you have read from the link if you say you are going to ride a bike here with out a DL you will be ostracized by some member on this forum so be warned and the joke is the person who make all the noise about driving illegal did not have to through all the shit that most of us have done because i think at the time you could when this person applied for his DL you could just exchange a foreign driving licence for a chinese one but that was long time ago now the rules are different now

so what ever you do have fun and have a good time in china but allways drive safe

3. #3 Re: Rent a scooter in Kunming 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for your help prince !
    is a e bike ? electric bike ?
    You don t need driving licence to drive a bike under 50cc no? I m ok with a 50cc, but the electric bike is not fangbian ...

4. #4 Re: Rent a scooter in Kunming 
    Thanks for your help prince !
    is a e bike ? electric bike ?
    You don t need driving licence to drive a bike under 50cc no? I m ok with a 50cc, but the electric bike is not fangbian ...

not sure about 50cc bike never look at such a small c.c bike before lol but i think you do need a chinese DL to ride legal in china but maybe someone eals can chip in with help on this matter E-Bike is yes a electric bike and sell new from 1800 rmb a good link to read about driving in china is here

http://wikitravel.org/en/Driving_in_China

not sure if the city you are going to is a dry city which dont allow bikes .or e-bikes so please check and most of the time when the city is a dry city it is only in some areas you cant ride i am sure when you get there you will soon find out and hopefully sorts matter out if you have some chinese friends who you can talik to locally that will be best but whatever you decide to do remember the road and driving in china is very different from other places in the world so be carefull

5. #5 Re: Rent a scooter in Kunming 
    C-Moto Noob
    I ve also found that
    http://yunnanmotorcycletours.com/

but not really helpful.
    If someone have more suggestion.

6. #6 Re: Rent a scooter in Kunming 
    I ve also found that
    http://yunnanmotorcycletours.com/

but not really helpful.
    If someone have more suggestion.
    OK these guys will take you on tours there say which is legal these guy will not rent you a bike to go of on tours by your self ??? it does not mean when on a tour with these guys you have a legal DL it just means these guy will sort out the police if you get stop

7. #7 Re: Rent a scooter in Kunming 
    C-Moto Noob
    actually, I ve posted on this section, dealers and distributors, to have an adress of a dealer or a distributor in yunnan, not to go into a conversation about the law in china or wherever this tread is going.
    So if someone have a contact, thank you.