Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CF Moto 650 NK

1. #1 CF Moto 650 NK 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello Everyone,

Having a tough time finding out an aftermarket oil filter that fits the CF Moto 650NK, anyone know a model number that fits it ? I assume it would be the same as the ER6N kawa ?

2. #2 Re: CF Moto 650 NK 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    The part number for the 650NK/TR OEM oil filter is 0700-070200, however since the filter here is equivalent to about AU$2 ex-factory, there's little incentive for me to look at any alternatives such as the KN-303 from K&N, though unsure if this is a direct replacement. All I could suggest is taking a OEM filter into a dealer and checking against the K&N.

3. #3 Re: CF Moto 650 NK 
    C-Moto Noob
    For anyone that's interested, It seems its the same as the ER6n Kawa which is part code 303 for Hiflo / K and N.

Will confirm once its fitted in tonight / tomorrow.

4. #4 Re: CF Moto 650 NK 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Incidently what is the local distributor/dealer asking price wise on the OEM oil filter #0700-070200 ? As stated locally here in PRC the price for the filter is equivalent to around AU$2. although if the Aussie dollar slides to a predicted low of 75 cents against the green-back then... amazing how a month could change the AUD-USD from 1.05:1.00 to a low of 0.75c.

5. #5 Re: CF Moto 650 NK 
    C-Moto Noob
    Interesting Bikerdoc, The filter I ended up with from my local shop was a Hiflo 303 which costs AUD$15. I asked my CF dealer and he basically just said, you don't need one because we handle the oil changes at your 1000K service. After speaking with CF Moto they advised me that it doesn't hurt to change your oil more often, so I chosen with the help of some mechanic friends that the oil and filter will be changed at 200, 500, 1000, 3000 and then every 3000 after that as the run in process will effect the oil. Lots of misunderstanding with the service requirements, CF says at 500kms, dealer says 1000km. CF says every 6000kms service intervals where as dealer says 3000 and so does my warranty hand book from CF.

Basically I figured oil is cheap, ill do it more often to be safe, but I want to change the oil myself as the deal will charge $300AUD for a service.

6. #6 Re: CF Moto 650 NK 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Can you confirm if the K&N KN303 (for ER&N Kawasaki) fits in the 650NK?

7. #7 Re: CF Moto 650 NK 
    C-Moto Noob
    Its on? lol

I looked at both, they seem the same, ill be dropping the oil again in 100kms and checking the filter to check the thread is the same and didn't damage thread of the filter being slightly different but to the eye they seem the same and it did fit on with ease.

8. #8 Re: CF Moto 650 NK 
    C-Moto Noob
    Figured I would give an update, I changed the filter again today, I noticed something worrying, it came off way to easily, I do not believe the K&N / Hiflo 303 is a direct fit, the thread on the filter starts to deep not allowing enough thread for a safe installation, It works but I think its simply not perfect enough. If anyone does find what they believe is a direct aftermarket fit please let me know.

9. #9 Re: CF Moto 650 NK 
    Look here for filters in list 5;

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html

I have a Kawasaki 2012 Versys 650. The same basic motor is used in the Ninja and Er6n. All the filters in list 5 fit these bikes. I just did my 500 mile oil change and used the Bosch 3323 as it's listed as one of the better ones. It spun right on and no leaks.

10. #10 Re: CF Moto 650 NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    I founded a web page where they sold Hiflo filter number HF177 for 650nk.. well at least pic what they had there was HF177..

really unsure if that would fit..