Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Got that and thanks. If you have any DEALERSHIP info for the US or Canada (as in places in the US or Canada one can actually buy a Hi-Bird), I'll put up a separate section in "Manufacturers" forum for Hi-Bird.

CC
    Hi-Bird never really had a dealer network, but rather two mail-order dealers who may or might not have been one in the same-- vbikeusa and anamcycles were/are still () the dealers. I know they were trying to establish a network, but didn't seem to get around to it,and the old hbmusa.us site was left alone and never updated. Komoto-Motors was another Hi-bird offshoot brand that had its own site and was trying to find dealers, too. In fact, the 250GY Hi-bird came as either a Hi-Bird branded bike (standard forks/drum rear brake) or a Komoto-Motor branded bike for $100US more that had upside-down forks and a rear disk brake (like how Chevy trucks are with GMC trucks as the slightly "upscale" versions).

It seems that they might now have a better lineup to establish a dealer network, but as far as I know, there are probably very few existing "brick and mortar" Hi-Bird dealers, if any. I don't think they ever had, or now have enough product for a stand alone dealership. I personally would like to see, at least one day, a Shineray, Hi-Bird, and Asiawing dealership if these bikes are really as stout as they seem to be.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    They have up-dated their web site and now the power claims for the dual-sport have been reduced to 18 bhp, with a note saying that "30 bhp engine available":

http://www.hbmoto.com/Products_view.asp?id=64

The "5 gallon tank" also looks suspect, in US gallons would be 19 liters, UK gallons 22,7 liters...if they're right, they've found a way of concealing that bulk very well.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

30hp was a little optimistic

forchetto, here is the alibaba link if you hadn't found it already; I wonder if the chopper has a different exhaust for Europe?

http://chinaatv.en.alibaba.com//index.html

4. #24 Indy Motorcycle show 
    C-Moto Senior
    Not this year. The dates for this year's show are Feb 13-17. I'm registered to attend but waiting to see if I'll actually go.
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Well the show is at the end of Feb and runs into March 1. I think they try to get the show done early so people can prepare their pocketbooks for the annual spring emptying.

CC

17hp@ 8000rpm (12.5KW) that's what the stats say now on their site??!!
    Must of been a typo.

The picture has wheels that don't even look round!

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post

The picture has wheels that don't even look round!
    It's amazing what the Chinese can produce nowadays

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123