Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Weekend trip anyone? 
    I have one of these in the USA. It works.

http://www.portachopper.com

I have thought about bringing one over here but have not yet done it. The issue then is what to do with the car. In the USA, my wife and I use it to go the mountains to ride. She takes the truck to hit the local shopping or we park it at whatever hotel we are at and go riding from there together. I do not like riding from Dallas thru the Texas in 40+ degree C weather any more. Once in the mountains, I enjoy the non paved back roads a lot. I even take a few single tracks every now and then.

To be honest, I just do not enjoy my rides when the hassles exceed the fun. I am too old and tired to put up with it. I will continue to look for easier systems that do not have me on a major rant for over half the supposed enjoyment time.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

2. #32 Re: Weekend trip anyone? 
    Just one question how will you guys get round that your Chinese DL does not allow you to tow a trailer ! and are trailers ban on the toll roads as well just asking guys
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #33 Re: Weekend trip anyone? 
    Same way I do it in the USA and the local guys do it here. Normal driver license covers car + trailer in the USA and it is grey area here that has not been specifically banned.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

4. #34 Re: Weekend trip anyone? 
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    Same way I do it in the USA and the local guys do it here. Normal driver license covers car + trailer in the USA and it is grey area here that has not been specifically banned.
    Thats great news and grey is my favorite color as well
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #35 Re: Weekend trip anyone? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Jguan View Post
    Hi,

I also just moved to Shanghai and got a Benelli600 2 weeks ago. I would love to do a weekend trip, even if only a day trip from Shanghai to Zhejiang.

Anyone interested in riding this weekend, July 13 or 14?

JGuan
    Sounds great Guan, but my missus is in town this week and she's not leaving until Sunday. Next weekend would be perfect and hopefully it would be good weather too.

6. #36 Re: Weekend trip anyone? 
    Hey guys -

I am just itch'n to get out of Sh & try out my new X5 on a basic 1 day run ANYWHERE... so if you are up for it - regardless of a little rain / heat potential - then please count me in and send me some ideas of what you'd like to do. I really don't care where we go as long as I can ride... I can be at the HQP roadhouse by 7AM Sat ready to go.

.I don't know ZheJiang or Jiangsu at all YET, but am looking forward to trying just about every road out there to learn them.

BIkerDoc - If you can PM me some of the GPS coordinates you mentioned earlier, that would be great.
    Sam --
    The older I get, the faster I was....
    2006 CJ750 Sidecar / 2012 Ducati MTSPP / 2013 SRX5

7. #37 Re: Weekend trip anyone? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Hmmm, that's an interesting thread... I wonder how I missed that one.
    Will be interesting to compare the trailers and pricing. I searched before on Taobao and found a fair few trailers for sale, that looked like they'd do the business. I'd prefer a light smaller trailer that can carry one bike, but also that could be utilised as a general purpose trailer e.g. to carry an item of furniture or two when the need arises. Another reason is I drive a Suzuki Swift, when a cage beckons or is needed.
    Before we can discuss trailers, there is another problem to solve. We have an Audi Q5, they told us, that there is no "Anhaengerkupplung", trailer connection to the car (I don't now the word in english) in China possible for our car.
    TexasAggie has made a point! : not enough free time for most of us and distances to go before reaching nice landscapes
    By the way, since today my new G650Gs is plated and legal. So am I.Bye Bye, Hippie Days

8. #38 Re: Weekend trip anyone? 
    Quote Originally Posted by SabineHartmann View Post
    Before we can discuss trailers, there is another problem to solve. We have an Audi Q5, they told us, that there is no "Anhaengerkupplung", trailer connection to the car (I don't now the word in english) in China possible for our car.
    TexasAggie has made a point! : not enough free time for most of us and distances to go before reaching nice landscapes
    By the way, since today my new G650Gs is plated and legal. So am I.Bye Bye, Hippie Days
    Hi S.H.

T.I.C. most car, 4x4 and SUV can be fitted with a trailer coupling just need to see the right person
    the OE part number is AUDI Nr: 8R0 800 495 for Audi Q5 2009 onwards and look like this

auid Q5.JPG

A ebay sale link is here as well http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-Q5-SW...item2a2e43eb22

well good luck

9. #39 Re: Weekend trip anyone? 
    Guys - I LOVE trucks and trailer hitches and all kinds of cool equipment, but I think this thread is being pushed in a different direction than was intended. Time to start a new thread called -"Trailers / Hitches & stuff" and let this one get back to the original theme - Weekend trips in July 2013.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234