Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Advice on cam chain 
    Right, Myself and someone else have attempted a big bore kit on my engine but it has had to be raised as the cb150 kit is slightly off and the piston hits the valves, I made a custom gasket to clear this, but the cam chain was under some tension. Having built the engine I went to test it, only to discover after 6min of running the chain snapped!

Annoyed to say the least but I thought it would happen, any idea's what can be done as the chain is being stretched by nearly 3mm each side which is a total stretch of 6mm to the chain in an oval shape.

As I don't think much more can really be done and the temptation of putting the whole engine in the bin has become beyond tempting.
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

My Project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

2. #2 Re: Advice on cam chain 
    C-Moto Guru
    Sorry to hear that :(

You could find out what pitch the chain is and find a new chain that is 2 links longer than your old one which would probably be the easiest solution at this point or get your piston machined down a little so the valves dont hit it, if you had enough patience you could probably just sand the piston down for hours and hours until it's the correct hight.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.