Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Zongshen RX3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Zongshen RX3 
    I am going to order one within the next week so i should have it by early December. I plan on writing a little something about it once i do.

Does anyone who has experience with zongshen know where i can get a service manual?
    Will the Zongshen RX3 survive??http://kelleyssilkroad.blogspot.com/

2. #12 Re: Zongshen RX3 
    JoK
    Wow, can't wait to hear your report!
    Suzuki GW 250

3. #13 Re: Zongshen RX3 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JoK70 View Post
    Wow, can't wait to hear your report!
    same here

How are you going to order it?

4. #14 Re: Zongshen RX3 
    I have found that ordering is pretty easy actually. I just looked on google maps for "motorcycle dealerships" and walked around the area of town where most of the results seemed to be centered. I found two dealerships, neither of which were actually shown in my search by the way, and asked them with my smart phone if they could order the two bikes i was interested in. One is a zongshen dealership but both said that they could get either one so im going to go with the one that helps me out most with the driving license.
    Thats the problem now. I tried to order it a few days ago but they said i needed the driving license first. So it might be a few more weeks or months before i get it now, hopefully, before the long break in February, unless one of them can give me a sort of... uhh... "temporary license".. while i deal with the bureaucracy.

5. #15 Re: Zongshen RX3 
    C-Moto Regular
    DSC_0138.jpg
    The bike stood up well at Cima I think it will be good :)

6. #16 Re: Zongshen RX3 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gjackson4431 View Post
    ...I found two dealerships, neither of which were actually shown in my search by the way, and asked them with my smart phone if they could order the two bikes i was interested in. One is a zongshen dealership but both said that they could get either one so im going to go with the one that helps me out most with the driving license...
    Keep in mind that if you order through a dealer that is not an authorised sales agent/distributor then there might be problems in the event of a warranty claim etc. What some dealers do when they are not official sales/distributors of a particular brand is, via their often extensive network, is, buy the make & model the buyer wants, via another authorised dealer, effectively meaning the bike passes through two dealers 'hands', and then onsells it to the buyer, with the buyer often unaware of this, until a warranty issue raises its ugly 'head'. The first dealer though is the official dealership, and any warranty issues etc., will normally require the bike to return to that point of sale, especially if the warrantable item is anything deemed substantial. One needs to factor in the service and support that such a dealer might be able to provide on a make/model they're likely to be unfamiliar.

The other point to keep in mind here, is the seller will tell you anything you want to hear, just so as you can spend your money with them. Once you have spent your money, is often (not always) where the relationship changes.

My proverb: Everything in Ch!na is just for looking, be[A]ware the smoke and mirrors, for nothing is as it seems.

7. #17 Re: Zongshen RX3 
    That is a good point. This is a small part of the reason i went with this bike over the X5. I could only find this one zongshen dealership near where im living. I did order the RX3 by the way from an authorized zongshen dealership and it should arrive on the 3rd!

8. #18 Re: Zongshen RX3 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Fingers crossed. When I went to a dealer he recommended RX3 without hesitation. He said that zongshen knows how to make a good bike and hes calm about its quality ;) hah

Here some nice pix
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=20210234336

9. #19 Re: Zongshen RX3 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    Fingers crossed. When I went to a dealer he recommended RX3 without hesitation. He said that zongshen knows how to make a good bike and hes calm about its quality ;) hah
    I don't see why you would even consider getting this heavy bike ( that yet has to prove itself), to gain a little bit more off road capability over your YBR? I would go for the X2 in your case, at least you know what you get yourself into and it's more off road capable than this RX3 I'd say.
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

10. #20 Re: Zongshen RX3 
    Id be reluctant to rely on the specification for Chinese bikes, they are seldom straight forward and sometimes not accurate and not often apples to apples for comparison, then you have torque and ratios to consider, but for that you need accurate weights as for fully laden.
    The RX3 is certainly heavier then the X2 and it is not entirely clear why, might be in part fueled and cases and crash bars…the RX3 is not as dual sport as the X2 however the RX3 appears to be very practical as a commuter and especially with the luggage cases.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast