Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: A good video to remind us all how dangerous the roads are in china 
    C-Moto Noob
    The accidents in the video are just terrible driving, mostly from both sides. Not a look to the sight, a complete disregard over whose priority it is combined with a poor control over their vehicles... sadly that affects us (hopefully) good riders as well, cars suddenly chaning lanes without looking etc.. .

2. #12 Re: A good video to remind us all how dangerous the roads are in china 
    C-Moto Regular
    hahaha the comments here are hilarious.

Agreed. When I first watched these videos, and even when I'm driving I'm constantly shaking my head, as I'm constantly amazed at people's stupidity in driving. Its not that China's drivers are bad full stop, in fact I think there are many people that follow the rules, its just that the ones that don't are something extra special and really stand out with their special brand of stupidity and lack of any reasonable logic.
    As a few of you have said, its exactly Darwin's survival of the fittest that we can see on the roads. The weak and stupid will perish.

It seems also, as if there's an unwritten rule that many people have accepted, that bicycles, and electric scooters, and those that upgrade their electric scooters to R9's or something all.... just don't have to obey the traffic laws. Whenever there is an accident, you can be 99% sure it is their fault.
    and as ZMC888 mentioned, the seatbelts thing really confuses me, I think it's a combination of ignorance and arrogance and lack of basic logic. I think a lot of them are waiting to learn by example... it might just be too late then. The kids not wearing seatbelts I think come from undisciplined parents, that also don't realize that in a spectacular crash, (like seems to be the case in china)... even though they have miraciously missed out on the coveted Darwin award, their kids might get the reward

3. #13 Re: A good video to remind us all how dangerous the roads are in china 
    Hi 1288711

Its not that China's drivers are bad full stop,
    So what percentage do you think are good and the ones are bad 50/50 !!!
    IMO I would say 95% would not pass a test in the UK come to think about now
    I have picked up so Bad driving habits from driving in China I don't think I would pass lol
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #14 Re: A good video to remind us all how dangerous the roads are in china 
    Quote Originally Posted by 1288711 View Post
    [...] It seems also, as if there's an unwritten rule that many people have accepted, that bicycles, and electric scooters, and those that upgrade their electric scooters to R9's or something all.... just don't have to obey the traffic laws. Whenever there is an accident, you can be 99% sure it is their fault. [...]
    ^ This ^
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

5. #15 Re: A good video to remind us all how dangerous the roads are in china 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi 1288711

So what percentage do you think are good and the ones are bad 50/50 !!!
    IMO I would say 95% would not pass a test in the UK come to think about now
    I have picked up so Bad driving habits from driving in China I don't think I would pass lol
    Yeah you're right, i think 95% wouldn't pass in Australia either. In fact if i had any say i would make sure that there wasn't that 6 month turnover thing where they can driver on their Chinese license fro a while before having to change over. And make the instructors be extra tough on them.

Some Chinese traffic laws are stupid too, like the no headlights during the day. or turn left in front of incoming traffic is legal, so even if they ARE obeying the traffic laws, it doesn't neccesarily mean its safe.
    I would still guess though that a good 70% obey enough of the laws that there's a good amount of flow.
    In my opinion if we take away everyone that drives a BMW, then the roads would be much safer.
    It seems that 100% of the people driving beemers are just a-holes, and think that because they're driving such a car they can do whatever they want. (These are normally people who have no taste in cars as well, they just know that everyone can recognise a bmw)
    And anyone that drives whilst on the phone should be shown how they are causing accidents....but then i still wonder if they care.

6. #16 Re: A good video to remind us all how dangerous the roads are in china 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 1288711 View Post
    And anyone that drives whilst on the phone should be shown how they are causing accidents....
    There arent enough DVD players and empty rooms in China to accommodate such an event

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12