Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Senior
    So i have been getting this 15 short flashes for while from EFI but i did found out that it could be just service reminder
    but manual don't know to tell that even, but yesterday i did turn electrics on and after that pulled full throttle (Engine off) and got new error code?? it only shows if i pull full throttle. so if i just start bike normally it don't give that code.

This time manual do knows it, one long and 2 short flashes= ERROR_INJ1(1cylinder injector)_SCG but i have hardtime to understand what does S.C.G = Short Circuit to Ground means?? :) there are 2 wires going to ECU from injector so does that mean one of those wires is broken and has short circuit?

And i know i should take it to dealers but as i like to fix everything by my self if i can i want to delay that little ( don't have time now to take it anyway) and if i take it i want already know something about this problem

2. #2 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    G'day Mate, just so happens that I had exactly the same problem 15 short flashes and it turned out to be a loose connection on the injector assembly(fixed by a jiggle of the wire's) must be a small design flaw. Happy biking :)

3. #3 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Senior
    did you have to reset that code some way after that? i did try to jiggle those wires but it did not help, maybe later will remove tank and take a better look of those injector connections

4. #4 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm talking to the Mec tomorrow so I'll look into it in depth for you, in the mean time your bike should still be ok to ride.

5. #5 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Senior
    So decided to make drive dealers place to ask about those code's.. and while i was there radiator started to leak again!! talk about bad luck! but now the bike is there for few days more while they check it.. and they also will check if it was bought from their shop and has a guarantee still.. fingers cross but i would not hold my breath too long

6. #6 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    not a 650NK but I used to get engine warming codes when I hit bumps on my previous bike turned out it was a loose battery cable perhaps it is caused from the vibration coming off the throttle so fast.

Kennon

7. #7 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Had a good talk to my Mec and he said it was just that easy(jiggle of the wire attachment) and could definatly be down to vibrations sometimes its just that simple, as for your radiator leak is it coming from a weld or from the hose attachment or from the pump housing? I've spoken to a few others and it seems to be happening a bit. I had a shitty clamp on the bottom and it wouldn't tighten properly so I just replaced it and put some 'form a gasket' on it to me sure worked a treat.

8. #8 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Senior
    That radiator was leaking from weld, don't know if it got hit by stone or is it just bad quality.

9. #9 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Wald0 View Post
    That radiator was leaking from weld, don't know if it got hit by stone or is it just bad quality.
    Sorry to hear it Bro a fella had the same problem over here that I know, had it fixed under warranty. For a quick fix for you though(if you warranty's no good) there's a product over here from Nulon (brand) called 'stop leak' Just add it to the coolant and BAM no more leak. Hope this helps good luck.

10. #10 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Hey Wald0
    I had similar problems. My dealer sent me out his ECU reader, to try and reset it - he thought it was a service reset code.. But it wasn't, my ECU read 32 errors (all very cryptic) I have screen shots of them all somewhere.. Suffice to say - I needed a new ECU..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast