Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hi to all from Hanoi,Vietnam 
    C-Moto Senior
    So i made plunge to made in China world in few weeks back with Cfmoto 650nk and must say i am happy (if you don't count those few error codes! )

Originally i'm Finnish but at currently living in Hanoi, Vietnam..

Must also say that owning a motorcycle here is A LOT cheaper than in Finland :)
    but also to find empty roads to drive is also A LOT harder to do

2. #2 Re: Hi to all from Hanoi,Vietnam 
    Congrats Waldo, its a dream of mine to ride the whole of Vietnam one day, you will have to post up some pictures of your rides.

Kennon

3. #3 Re: Hi to all from Hanoi,Vietnam 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks mate! Unfortunately now im too busy to go riding anywhere long :( and its even too hot on the day time to go far i was hoping to travel at some point to middle of Vietnam with bike but only one free day per week is not enough time

4. #4 Re: Hi to all from Hanoi,Vietnam 
    Thats a shame mate, but that one day off can be a day to plan a proper long trip when you have the time to do so :), I agree riding in the hottest temperature is horrid when they finally bring out a motorcycle seat cooler I will be first on the pre-order list to get one, you must have allot of sisu to ride a big bike in Hanoi.

Kennon

5. #5 Re: Hi to all from Hanoi,Vietnam 
    C-Moto Senior
    Well it's easy to ride big bike in hanoi only thing what i'm thinking is to change bigger rear sprocket..

I don't know what kind of helmet you use there but i use mostly full face helmet and it feels like you stick your head to Sauna !!
    i'm considering to buy some sort of open face helmet.. fighter style ;) if i can find anything what looks good (and don't drive my bank account to minus..) plus i have so big head that chances me finding one hear are slim to none! so maybe next trip to Finland it is......

Ps. all finnish people have a lot of SISU! ;D

6. #6 Re: Hi to all from Hanoi,Vietnam 
    ahh I only wear full face helmets i'm not keen on heavier lids prefer the lightweight race ones looking to get a new AGV corsa carbon kevlar mix, try getting one in Hong Kong will be cheaper than Finland and are hot weather suited ones, I don't doubt all Finnish people having sisu I go to university with some to know first hand.

Kennon

7. #7 Re: Hi to all from Hanoi,Vietnam 
    C-Moto Senior
    well thats one reason why i would like to get fighter style helmet without that heavy lid (personally i think those full faces what can be opened as a open face helmet looks stupid ;)

I have Marushin 999rs monstra and i do like it a lot! ( minus that heat..) marushin-999-rs-monstra-white.jpg

8. #8 Re: Hi to all from Hanoi,Vietnam 
    ooh nice was looking to get a Marushin a few years ago but ended up with a KBC, I love the gold and black pattern but it does draw allot of heat I try to keep it shaded as much as possible I think I would go for retro open face helmet if I got a open face.
    CIMG4817.jpgmcqueen_helmet.jpg

9. #9 Re: Hi to all from Hanoi,Vietnam 
    Welcome! Does your riding a street bike limit scenic options in VN?

10. #10 Re: Hi to all from Hanoi,Vietnam 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Welcome! Does your riding a street bike limit scenic options in VN?
    No, i don't think it does, but usually you will travel about same speed than those on "Scooters.. 110-135cc"
    and i think what limits scenic options is those thousands other road users what don't obey any road rules and
    you really need to keep your eye's open for them ,so chance is that you miss lot of beautiful nature