Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: zontes

1. #1 zontes 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi just wondering if anyone knows anything about these bikes, they seem to be fairly new to the UK and little or no info available, looking at getting my son a bike and they seem to be fairly well built but are they reliable, are spares available ok and how well do they last bearing in mind it will be ridden by an 18 year old with no mechanical clue

2. #2 Re: zontes 
    Do you have a link? Many Chinese bikes made by a certain manufacturer are sold worldwide, but often under different brand names. Often, visuals make it easier to see if the bike looks like something we in the US, for instance, have but under a different name. There are several Chinese based members who might be within a close proximity to the headquarters. The best thing to get for us, and post, is the manufacturer plate because that usually lets us nod our worldwide collective heads in agreement if we recognize the source.

3. #3 Re: zontes 
    Okay, it is the middle of the night in the UK, so I found the link.

Www.zontes.co.uk/

Personally, I like the Tiger the best. I am surprised they are not offering a dual sport or motard as most importers have these in their lineup, especially for the UK/European learner market

Btw, I have all my father's side of the family in Faversham as I see Zontes is based in Canterbury.

4. #4 Re: zontes 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi, its the Tiger we are looking at, looks the best for me, seem to be the only bikes, not found anything the same in any other makers range, also seems to be a different engine to everyone else as well, has a balancer and is more modern than most seem to use, but there is little info I can find, Faversham area is very nice as is Canterbury :)

5. #5 Re: zontes 
    C-Moto Noob
    http://tayomotorcycle.en.ec21.com/ found this, the site of the manafacturer, any good ?

6. #6 Re: zontes 
    C-Moto Noob
    also found the engine, well a variation of it, how do they run, are they reliable and long lasting ? http://tyan.gmc.globalmarket.com/pro...e-1177511.html

7. #7 Re: zontes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Helo,
    I am in France and have a Tiger. Sold here as Revatto Roadster.
    I have the engin without balancing shaft and the main rouble is that it vibrates incredibly above 6000. Could seem high but you are less than 80 km/h at this rev.
    Othe big issue is the position. I changed the bar but not so easy to change is the position of foot rest ; too close if are more than 1.65cm tall. I am 1.72 and have to seat at the passenger space to allow legs to survive.
    The rest of construction seems quite well done and engine is running fine (I drove 2000 km since buy).
    I use it for communting on small roads and will change chain ratio to allow lower revs.
    Parts seems available in UK at Clements and we have a source in France.
    Regards.
    Fred

8. #8 Re: zontes 
    C-Moto Noob
    great that is exactly the sort of information I am looking for thank-you, just need to know about the balance shaft engine then

9. #9 Re: zontes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Good evening.
    I am happy to help.
    I would also like to know more about how works the balancing shaft engine.
    I hope I keep this bike for long and I will probably wear engine (I have 60km/day just for commuting).
    I also have a small problem of shifting from 1st to second.
    I have to pull all along or the indicator says 2nd but I am on Neutral and cannot shift up ; only back to 1st.
    Most of time, when I shift to 2nd, I feel a stop before end of stroke.
    Probably failure in shape of the shifting star. No big deal.
    I wait more info about engines.
    Regards.
    Fred

10. #10 Re: zontes 
    I cannot link to videos because I am on a tablet, but there are some Zontes videos on youtube from owners.