Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse Adrenaline doesnt start. thatsbwhat happened 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Fitted my new 17t sprocket. It rubbed of the wires which goes to some sensor.
    If any one know what that sensor does please reply.
    So my m8 decided to check all the electric thing under seat.
    Fuse looks good. But I didnt find the other one of 12 amps. Where could it be?
    My m8 told me that my starter relay deode is dead so I ordered new one. But bike still wount start.
    My neutral gear is showing on a fash. But when I push the start buttone the light just dissapears.

Maybe its the cdi? Or maybe its that 12 amp fuse?
    Because the wires which goes to the sensor of something rubbed of only the first layer of protection. But didnt touch the actual wires. So they are fine.
    Maybe water got into to wireing where they are beein conected to that little round sensor.

Garage will charge me a lot for electric check.

And one more thing. I heared that cdi can be remapped?

Thx guys.

2. #2 Re: Pulse Adrenaline doesnt start. thatsbwhat happened 
    C-Moto Guru
    The wires comming out of the engine near the sprocket come from the alternator and crank position sensor, the alternator connected to the regulator and the crank sensor sends a pulse to the CDI just before TDC so the CDI knows when to make a spark, the crank sensor may also be connected to the RPM gauge.

The fact that the neutral indicator light goes out when you try to start it means that there is so much current being pulled from the starter circuitry that there is a voltage drop which is why the lights dim, this could be because the battery needs charging or is in need of replacement. If the wires comming from the engine near the sprocket were damaged is it very possible that the charging system no longer works which would explain why the battery has lost it's charge (if that is the case).

To test this theory fully charge your battery then try to get your bike started, if it does start then put a multimeter on the battery terminals (with the engine running) and test the voltage, if it's lower than 13v you have a charging problem.

If you cannot get it started then make sure that your solenoid is working, first see if it clicks when you press the starter button, if it dosen't then there is either a connection problem to the solenoid or the solenoid is broken and needs replacing. You could also try bypassing the solenoid by shorting the 2 terminals on the top with a think piece of metal such as a spanner.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: Pulse Adrenaline doesnt start. thatsbwhat happened 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thx for the reply.

Ive tried to charge the battery the very first day when my moto died.
    Battery is fine checked that after fitting it back.
    Even if I try to turn on light without touching the start buttone bike goes dead.

The wires are not damaged only the isolated black tube is rubbed off.
    got service manual for the bike today. gona play a bit more with the multimeter. see what it shows.

If u come up with any over ideas I will appreciate that m8. thx again

4. #4 Re: Pulse Adrenaline doesnt start. thatsbwhat happened 
    C-Moto Guru
    As there is no damage to the wires they are probably not the cause of the problem but it is strange that the problem started at the same time that the wire tubing got damaged.

Use the current function on your multimeter to see if anything is being drawn from the battery with just the ignition on, if there's an unusually high current draw (i.e. more than half an amp with everything turned off) there could be a short somewhere. Also try it with the headlight on, don't try it while trying to start the bike because you will fry the multimeter.

Unplug the reguator/rectifier and see if that solves the problem.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #5 Re: Pulse Adrenaline doesnt start. thatsbwhat happened 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Amps does jump with only ignition on. Will have to remove fuel tank and check everything
    By the way where is the regulator located? Canot find it on manual.
    Btw this service manual is very useful as it shows u step by step how to check your electrical wiring with multimeter.
    Will have to print some pages xD
    Thx tho

6. #6 Re: Pulse Adrenaline doesnt start. thatsbwhat happened 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    One more question, where can I find performance cdi for pulse adrenaline? :-D

7. #7 Re: Pulse Adrenaline doesnt start. thatsbwhat happened 
    C-Moto Guru
    Yeah I'm sure it would be very useful for this forum if you could upload the service manual as I don't think it is anywhere else on the internet.

The regulator is encased in a heat sink and should have 4 wires comming from it (but could be more), I don't know exactly where it is but in the service manual for the 200cc version of the Pulse Adrenaline says that it is mounted above the engine at the front of the bike behind a fairing.

The performance CDI be here (open it in google chrome to get a chinglish translation)
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9153886492

You have to order it with an agent such as taobaonow, you have to pay additional fees and international postage on top of the listing price and it comes to about £50 over all. I have one my self and it does give a noticable performance boost but nothing amazing. The CDI is a direct replacement for the old one so it is easy to install, it has 4 different modes that are suitabable for different riding situations and give performance boosts in different rev ranges.

8. #8 Re: Pulse Adrenaline doesnt start. thatsbwhat happened 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ok so my Pulse is back on road now. And the problem was
    I removed fuel tank and noticed that due to corrosion the contact which should charge up the battery wasnt connected.
    So the battery was completely dead.
    Fitted new battery the bike starts with touch of a button :-D thx again

9. #9 Re: Pulse Adrenaline doesnt start. thatsbwhat happened 
    C-Moto Guru
    Glad to hear that you got it sorted. It's no wonder that a lot of people waterproof their connections when they first get their Chinese bikes.