Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hey there WGH nice looking bike you have there,, and I really like the look of your Tutoro chain oiler instalation(neat job). I,m abit confused as to what EX-P treatment actually does,,is it just a cleaner,,or a polish? anyway best of luck with your new bike...Can I ask the price? cheers

2. #22 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    C-Moto Guru
    I would be interested in upgrading to one of these if I could get one for the right price. Does anyone know what the engine can output and what top speed can I expect? As these are kinda new I cannot find performance information anywhere. Alternatively it would be sweet if I could just take the 250cc engine and stick it on my current bike, measurements anyone?
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #23 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lipsee View Post
    Hey there WGH nice looking bike you have there,, and I really like the look of your Tutoro chain oiler instalation(neat job). I,m abit confused as to what EX-P treatment actually does,,is it just a cleaner,,or a polish? anyway best of luck with your new bike...Can I ask the price? cheers
    Hey lipsee, EX-P is a sealant, that is after you give your car/bike a good wash & polish, you apply the EX-P over it, then buff and polish it again. It helps repel dirt/rain/bird droppings and makes cleaning the vehicle much easier - lasts for ages to, the comparable product is Waxoyl 100+ sealant, but this is only available commercially. I've used this stuff for years...

I'm happy with this bike too, I purchased it to see me thru' Autumn and Winter while my WK650i will be hibernating. I'm looking to turn it into more of an adventure bike rather than an enduro type.. Just under 2K if you sort your own paperwork with DVLA - I got 5 years unlimited warranty too....

I have seen plenty of these (125cc) given a very hard life by the "learners", so I know they stand up to abuse extremely well... I just hope the 250 version fairs the same....

Here's a vid on EX-P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdf6umGYX7M

4. #24 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    I would be interested in upgrading to one of these if I could get one for the right price. Does anyone know what the engine can output and what top speed can I expect? As these are kinda new I cannot find performance information anywhere. Alternatively it would be sweet if I could just take the 250cc engine and stick it on my current bike, measurements anyone?
    Hi spencer2004,

I have been rolling on the miles to get my motor "run in", still a way to go... But this may help - I can say that it has no problem with acceleration, I'm keeping it under 4k rpm... On one occasion, without realizing I had it up to an extremely easy 70mph (speedo indicated) and the engine was not being pushed.

Wont be long before I have enough miles to give her a proper test..

I will post a full in depth review then...

5. #25 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    C-Moto Guru
    As long as it can get to 75ish easy enough that's fine by me. I can do 70 on my current bike but once I hit the 55 acceleration is almost non existant and the slightest hill or gust of wind brings me back to 60. I did hit 90 the other day however, I couldn't belive it.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

6. #26 Failed to start 
    Well you guys know I post the good bad & ugly about my bikes..

Today is the second day my brand new Adrenaline 250 refused to start - message ends - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 07-30-2013 at 07:29 AM.

7. #27 Re: Failed to start 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post

Today is the second day my brand new Adrenaline 250 refused to start - message ends - - - - - - - - - - - -
    When you say that it doesn't start what exactly happens?

8. #28 Re: Failed to start 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post

Well that sucks, hopefully it's something simple. The problem with the Pulse 250 is that they are quite new and barely anyone has them (or at least I assume so) so it's going to be hard to find out if this is a common problem or something.

9. #29 Re: Failed to start 
    Oh oh, you found the problem yet?

To change the subject slightly i see that Sinnis are bringing us a 250cc Apache, different frame, floating disk brakes (what the heck are floating disk brakes?), semi digital guages, fuel injected, claimed 90MPH, looks nice but approximately £500 more than the adrenaline, not sure it is worth £500 more?

Rgds

Ian

10. #30 Re: Failed to start 
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozuki View Post
    When you say that it doesn't start what exactly happens?
    1st day Monday - Bike outside under Oxford cover - climate warm - One click on choke - spins, but no start... Push choke in - spins, but no start. Gave up!
    2nd day Tuesday (today) - Bike outside under Oxford cover - climate warm - No choke - spins, but no start...... Full choke - spins, but no start... Go indoors have a cuppa and kick the cat... Leave just in case flooded.... 20mins later - No choke - spins, but no start... F*ck this for a game........ Jump on the WK650i and off to work...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast