Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Failed to start 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmrr2301 View Post
    Oh oh, you found the problem yet?

To change the subject slightly i see that Sinnis are bringing us a 250cc Apache, different frame, floating disk brakes (what the heck are floating disk brakes?), semi digital guages, fuel injected, claimed 90MPH, looks nice but approximately £500 more than the adrenaline, not sure it is worth £500 more?
    Wow that sounds sweet, espessially the fuel injection and 90mph part! It would subtract from the simplisity that makes our bikes so easy to service and fix however and there would be a lot more that could go wrong espessially in the fuel injection department, hopefully they will use quality and easily obtainable parts for the injection but I wont hold my breath.

Basically floating disk brakes are able to expand more freely when subjected to a lot of heat so they don't warp as easily.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

2. #32 Re: Failed to start 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    Well that sucks, hopefully it's something simple. The problem with the Pulse 250 is that they are quite new and barely anyone has them (or at least I assume so) so it's going to be hard to find out if this is a common problem or something.
    Yeah, tell me about it buddy...
    Going to buy a NGK Iridium plug for it (that's if I can find the part number - searching so far no results)...
    Could be just the plug has given up...

3. #33 Re: Failed to start 
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmrr2301 View Post
    Oh oh, you found the problem yet?

To change the subject slightly i see that Sinnis are bringing us a 250cc Apache, different frame, floating disk brakes (what the heck are floating disk brakes?), semi digital guages, fuel injected, claimed 90MPH, looks nice but approximately £500 more than the adrenaline, not sure it is worth £500 more?

Rgds

Ian
    Could be just a simple plug change will sort it..

I contacted Sinnis directly and asked about the 250 Apache - they reckon around September, and around 2600GBP - adding OTR & Delivery costs - pushing 3K...

Too rich for my blood...

4. #34 Re: Failed to start 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    1st day Monday - Bike outside under Oxford cover - climate warm - One click on choke - spins, but no start... Push choke in - spins, but no start. Gave up!
    2nd day Tuesday (today) - Bike outside under Oxford cover - climate warm - No choke - spins, but no start...... Full choke - spins, but no start... Go indoors have a cuppa and kick the cat... Leave just in case flooded.... 20mins later - No choke - spins, but no start... F*ck this for a game........ Jump on the WK650i and off to work...
    Check for a good spark from the spark plug, make sure that you didn't nock any connectors loose when you tidied up the wires. On my bike I noticed that it can be easy to accidently nock a wire off the ignition coil so maybe it's the same on yours.

When you try to start it is there any ignition at all or is the starter just spinning it?

Is your fuel tap turned on?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Are you sure it's plugged in? XD
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #35 Re: Failed to start 
    Basically floating disk brakes are able to expand more freely when subjected to a lot of heat so they don't warp as easily.
    The front disc on the new Apache is also much larger than the Adrenaline 250 -

I know I may not have bedded my front pads in fully yet... But my impression is that the Adrenaline needs a bigger front disc.. Let say I've had one or two occasions where I've had to hold my breath and close my eyes - well not quite, but you know what I mean..

6. #36 Re: Failed to start 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    I contacted Sinnis directly and asked about the 250 Apache - they reckon around September, and around 2600GBP - adding OTR & Delivery costs - pushing 3K...
    Too rich for my blood...
    Nah that's way too expensive! The whole point of buying a Chinses bike is the price. You can get a pretty good 2nd hand Japanese bike for 3K.

7. #37 Re: Failed to start 
    C-Moto Senior
    WGH,,its you!!!!!,,,you,re jinxed!!!!!!,,,,I bet you disconnected a wire somehow when "tidying them up" or maybe you are right ,,it,s the plug,,I always replace chinese plugs with NGK....

8. #38 Re: Failed to start 
    Check for a good spark from the spark plug, make sure that you didn't nock any connectors loose when you tidied up the wires. On my bike I noticed that it can be easy to accidently nock a wire off the ignition coil so maybe it's the same on yours.

When you try to start it is there any ignition at all or is the starter just spinning it?

Is your fuel tap turned on?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Are you sure it's plugged in? XD
    Cheers buddy, yeah I did basic checks this morning... Still no good..

Engine just spins - no spark... Fingers crossed that the plug has died - I was going to change it for a decent one anyway... Still cant find the part number tho'....

Wish me luck !

9. #39 Re: Failed to start 
    Quote Originally Posted by lipsee View Post
    WGH,,its you!!!!!,,,you,re jinxed!!!!!!,,,,I bet you disconnected a wire somehow when "tidying them up" or maybe you are right ,,it,s the plug,,I always replace chinese plugs with NGK....
    Ha ha! I wish there were such a thing - then I could blame that..

I don't think I've disconnected a wire as I've been out on it since...

I will swap out with a NGK Iridium when I can fine the part number..

My Hyo GV650 has never missed a beat..... This is her at the show room...

gv650.jpg

10. #40 Re: Failed to start 
    CR8EIX for the Iridium job, people say they are better.

Rgds

Ian

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast