Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. #61 Re: Timeline update III 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lipsee View Post
    Hey Ghost, Good to see you are still tinkering with the bike,,As you have fittted heated grips why not also fit some handguards,,you can get them pretty cheap on ebay,and protect your mitts from the elements.I have fitted barkbusters ,spent too much money on them really,,but my god they really do help keep the weather off....Actually I have gone nuclear as regards keeping my mitts warm,,,Handguards + Heated Grips +Alpinestars heated gloves....Next step ,,heated jacket ....
    Hey lipsee,

I tried some cheapo ebay hand-guards but found that they would not fit properly, they attached inboard on the bars, and there wasn't much room for the clamps. I've ordered another set that attach at the bar ends as well as inboard, so perhaps with a bit of tinkering I can get them to fit. I have a set of muffs that never got installed from the Jetmax days, so will probably fit those when it starts to get really cold.

I like the way you are heading to keep warm this winter, are these battery powered or are you going wired?

2. #62 Re: Timeline update III 
    C-Moto Senior
    "I like the way you are heading to keep warm this winter, are these battery powered or are you going wired?" Gloves are wired into a socket then to battery... My handguards are barkbuster storms...they work really well,,I can just about ride anytime in mesh gloves,infact I think I could have saved the £129 I spent on my Alpinestars heated gloves...Last night I learned of "Maplins" the eleccy shop where doing deals on heated clothes..So I ordered a heat jacket and a heated padded jacket plus some heated insoles for £18....Now this stuff is not wired to the bike,,but still must be worth a try for £18....check em out.....

3. #63 Re: Timeline update III 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    "I like the way you are heading to keep warm this winter, are these battery powered or are you going wired?" Gloves are wired into a socket then to battery... My handguards are barkbuster storms...they work really well,,I can just about ride anytime in mesh gloves,infact I think I could have saved the £129 I spent on my Alpinestars heated gloves...Last night I learned of "Maplins" the eleccy shop where doing deals on heated clothes..So I ordered a heat jacket and a heated padded jacket plus some heated insoles for £18....Now this stuff is not wired to the bike,,but still must be worth a try for £18....check em out.....
    lipsee you are a star!
    Just spent £22 on a bunch of heated stuff, like you say, must be worth a try at that sort of money.

4. #64 Re: Timeline update III 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    lipsee you are a star!
    Just spent £22 on a bunch of heated stuff, like you say, must be worth a try at that sort of money.
    Star !!! nno nno I,m to humble for that!! I picked up my eleccy stuff,,and must say it,s got to be the best value there is,,..down side is all those AA batteries...i,M WONDERING if its possible to use a transformer ,,bring the voltage down ,then use of the bike battery,,thats much better then all those AA,s Did you pick up your stuff? it,s not bad quality for the price..Nearly came off carrying the boxes across London to wwork..and looked a right praat !!!

5. #65 Re: Timeline update III 
    C-Moto Guru
    Star !!! nno nno I,m to humble for that!! I picked up my eleccy stuff,,and must say it,s got to be the best value there is,,..down side is all those AA batteries...i,M WONDERING if its possible to use a transformer ,,bring the voltage down ,then use of the bike battery,,thats much better then all those AA,s Did you pick up your stuff? it,s not bad quality for the price..Nearly came off carrying the boxes across London to wwork..and looked a right praat !!!
    If you want to run your gloves off the bike's electrics you could make a simple voltage regulator circuit using an LM317 if you are handy with a soldering iron, you could even have a knob for tempresure control.

A more efficient and easier way would to use one of these:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-to-DC-B...item2ec9c3924f

You can wire it directly to your battery and adjust it to the voltage you require, it even has a display to show the output voltage. Just make sure that you don't go more than a volt over your glove's normal operating voltage (e.g. 1 AA battery operates at 1.5v so 4 AAs would be 6v). As for the connection I would wire a 3.5mm headphone jack to the regulator and the gloves so that if you forget to dissconnect them you won't rip the wires out or pull your bike over.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

6. #66 Re: Timeline update III 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    If you want to run your gloves off the bike's electrics you could make a simple voltage regulator circuit using an LM317 if you are handy with a soldering iron, you could even have a knob for tempresure control.

A more efficient and easier way would to use one of these:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-to-DC-B...item2ec9c3924f

You can wire it directly to your battery and adjust it to the voltage you require, it even has a display to show the output voltage. Just make sure that you don't go more than a volt over your glove's normal operating voltage (e.g. 1 AA battery operates at 1.5v so 4 AAs would be 6v). As for the connection I would wire a 3.5mm headphone jack to the regulator and the gloves so that if you forget to dissconnect them you won't rip the wires out or pull your bike over.
    Now we,re smoking!!!!! Cheers Spencer,,,but one question,,,I have a full jacket and 2 boot heated insoules,,,,Now would I need a regulator for each item or could I wire all to one regulator??? Hope you do,nt mind me picking your brains....all the best

7. #67 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250... 
    C-Moto Senior
    sorry I might add ,the insoles are separate items,,,so 3 circuits in all,,,sorry for the hijack Ghost

8. #68 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250... 
    C-Moto Guru
    On second thoughts that regulator I linked you is a little underpowered, it can only output 2 amps so you would probably need 2 or 3 of them. If all your devices can run on 5 volts this one should be able to run everything all at once, it can output up to 5 amps but the voltage is fixed at 5 volts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-24V-DC...item5657179b03

Do you know what each device draws and the voltages they run at? It may say in the manuals.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

9. #69 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250... 
    Hi

Well I eventually got my hands on a shiny new Adrenaline 250.

Had a 90 odd mile ride back from the dealers and she was definitely less jumpy at the end of the ride.

Few issues, didn't,t notice till I got home but they gave me her without road tax or the toolkit.
    The battery terminals were loose so had to tighten them and mirrors started flapping around at dual carriageway speeds (not good without a tool kit).

First service is at 300km which isn't ideal but there are closer dealers than the one I bought from.

So other than a couple of niggly things very happy.

Will keep you posted.

Regards

Ian

I have this exact bike, had huge issues with the kickstand kill switch (cut it off and threw it away... who needs that crap anyway) also the clutch lever kill switch (bypassed that too) also replaced the coil (was faulty and causing backfires), great bike... I also upgraded the front and rear brakes which is essential, love the bike... it's boring but tough and reliable, also have heated grips but have since disconnected them as they drain the battery even when switched off. I have recently been on an epic adventure through three Chinese provinces, I'll post a link to the RR once it's up... great bikes these

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast