Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
  1. #91 Re: Time line update Sept 2013 (6) 
    Hi

So what have you had out of her so far?

I bought a Halfords brand cycle computer wireless and when my proper speedo is saying 140kph my cycle speedo is saying 71mph should really get the missus to follow me in the car but not done that yet.

I am more inclined to believe the cycle speedo but if so I am a wee bit disappointed at only 70mph, thought it would be nearer 85 or something.

I have a new speedo to fit tomorrow so we will see what changes that shows.

Ian

2. #92 Re: Time line update Sept 2013 (6) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmrr2301 View Post
    The servicing schedule is an expensive joke, i have looked at the schedule given to me by the mechanic and worked out my anticipated annual commute and it seems i will need the 6 services in a 12 month period.
    £80 * 6 = £480, i am really wondering if i would be cheaper not having the services done (and doing a couple myself), other than a new engine or frame i think i would be very unlucky to have to spend nearly 500 quid on parts in 12 months.
    Ian
    When I got my bike I was also required to flollow a strict service scedule for the gaurentee to remain valid, after I had my first one which cost about £80 too I was like "lol no" and learned to service it my self instead. The ammount of money that I've saved is probably approaching the value of the bike and well exceeds the cost of any repair that could be required. The ammount of regular services required to keep my gaurentee valid is just criminal, my bike's.... distributor (Sinnis) even requires proof of service and I bet they make it as hard as possible to make a gaurentee claim by pulling all sorts of crap like "we didn't get the proof of service" or some other loop-hole, they even hide (or omit) the gaurentee claim information on their website.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #93 Re: Time line update Sept 2013 (6) 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmrr2301 View Post
    Hi

So what have you had out of her so far?

I bought a Halfords brand cycle computer wireless and when my proper speedo is saying 140kph my cycle speedo is saying 71mph should really get the missus to follow me in the car but not done that yet.

I am more inclined to believe the cycle speedo but if so I am a wee bit disappointed at only 70mph, thought it would be nearer 85 or something.

I have a new speedo to fit tomorrow so we will see what changes that shows.

Ian
    Hey Ian,

I'm getting about the same - haven't scrutinized yet - but it appears that the on-board speedo starts reading between 5 to 10 mph faster than actual after 40mph.. I will try and get paced while riding to confirm which is accurate. I also am inclined to go for the cycle clock..

Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    Hey Ian,

I'm getting about the same - haven't scrutinized yet - but it appears that the on-board speedo starts reading between 5 to 10 mph faster than actual after 40mph.. I will try and get paced while riding to confirm which is accurate. I also am inclined to go for the cycle clock..
    I have tested the top speed with a GPS and I've tried all sorts of gearing combinations, the fastest I got was 122.8km/h ... this is not a fast bike

5. #95 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    Porcupine hills, Southern Alberta, Canada
    Very cool. I like the oiler. Great pics. Thinking of getting something similar here. Or keep modifying mine. I have had some good fun on my 200.

6. #96 My Bike turned invisible 
    This is what happened to my new bike when a plonker while driving decides to use his phone.

I was stopped at a roundabout - and my bike became invisible. And I flew just like Superman - over the handle bars that is!

R.I.P. my Adrenaline....

Bent bars.jpg

Bent side stand.jpg

Bent swing arm.jpg

Close up lever.jpg

Left rear.jpg

7. #97 Re: My Bike turned invisible 

8. #98 Re: My Bike turned invisible 
    Looks like bent frame...write-off? Claim on their insurance and get a 2nd hand Honda.

9. #99 Re: My Bike turned invisible 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The main thing is that are ok and survived the carelessness of the stupid cager. The bike can always be replaced, I guess you could buy secondhand but if you want new then get anorher as mine has not let me down.

10. #100 Re: My Bike turned invisible 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    WGH, Rob sorry to read/hear of the crash. Could have been much worse I guess. But how are you, aside from your sudden exposure as Superman? Did the constabulary attend the crash? If so I hope they throw the book at the plonker, considering that this was not an accident given that the driver of the other vehicle made a conscious decision to use the cellular phone.
    Is that not against the law there in the UK? If not, it should be (with the exception of operation with hands free or when operating a RT).

Did the plonker accept responsibility/liability? Was the plonker at least concerned over your welfare, and/or apologetic? I'd like to hope so...

Does seem as though the frame or at minimum the rear subframe is bent? Trust you have comprehensive insurance? No plate on that rear end - was it a hit from the rear while you were stopped at the round-a-bout?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast