Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Failed to start 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmrr2301 View Post
    I am seriously thinking of a digital Speedo upgrade when i get my bike.

Rgds

Ian
    Sounds like a plan, keep me posted

2. #52 Re: Failed to start 
    C-Moto Guru
    I have made a digital dash board which can record 0-60 times and top speed, still haven't got round to fitting it though as I am very lazy.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ashboard-mod-D
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #53 Re: Failed to start 
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    I have made a digital dash board which can record 0-60 times and top speed, still haven't got round to fitting it though as I am very lazy.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ashboard-mod-D
    Just read the thread, very impressive - but way above me....

I will follow it with much interest..

4. #54 Re: Failed to start 
    Quick post for timeline.

Today at 665km, I replaced the original plug (nice to see a NGK was fitted as standard) with an Iridium type. Hope to see an improvement in performance..
    I noted that the plug was running at the ideal mixture, so my Adrenaline has been properly set up..

1.jpg

2.jpg

5. #55 Timeline update 
    As this little puppy is going to see me through Autumn ans Winter, it's time to get some more prep work sorted. I can remember only too well my frozen hands (while riding my Jetmax) - I not going to suffer like that again. So time to get some heated grips fitted. Only took an hour or so. These Oxford Lite grips are specially made for small displacement bikes and scooters. These were originally destined for the a fore-mentioned Jetmax.

The surface mounted switch posed a potential problem, but in the end I opted for the left hand front panel - nice n' easy to reach..

I couldn't find a wire to tap from that matched the gauge of the connection wires, so I plumbed for a direct battery connection to be safe, I don't want to risk a meltdown of the loom. Luckily there is also a LED indicator lamp to remind me when its switched on.

These draw only 3 amps, I thought I better test for heat - they get bloody hot, so I should have toast hands this winter.

I'll keep ya'all updated.

switch.jpg

grip.jpg

6. #56 Timeline update II 
    The early nights will be drawing in soon.

When I had my Jetmax I fitted some mini LED spot/driving lights. These were exceptionally bright.

I salvaged them before the Jetmax was collected for burial, and today duly fitted them to my Adrenalin 250.

Easy straight forward job.

I needed too remove the headlight assembly to access the side lamp wires to supply the power.

Again easy job - four rubber bands hold the front assembly.

Good job I took it off, there is a mass of connectors/wires inside a rubber shroud. This has a large cable tie that draws it closed around the connectors and wires/ Needles to say it wasn't secured.

When I moved it for a better look, what appeared to be a pint of water poured out ( it has been raining here quite heavily).

OK then, separate the lot, dry everything off, good soak of ACF50 and secure it as it's meant to be.. Result should be no more water ingress....

Tested my work, whenever the sidelight are switched on - these little demons shine bright too..

water.jpg

rh_spot.jpg

lh_spot.jpg

7. #57 Timeline update III 
    I am going to use my phone as a satnav rather than buying a dedicated one (they are so expensive)..

The plan is to purchase the TOMTOM for Android and then use the Bluetooth connectivity to send voice directions to my earpiece (still have to source one of these for my helmet)

I have used the car satnav on my Hyosung GV650 - but trying to keep an eye on it was damn right dangerous.

Any how, Ebay supplied a holder, well more of a grabber, but I like it as it seems to keep a firm grip on my Samsung phone..

Oh, I purchased an Optimate charger for my Lithium battery, so the lead I fitted earlier had to come off, this charger uses a different type.

Happy days!

clamp.jpg

phone.jpg

lead.jpg

8. #58 Re: Timeline update III 
    C-Moto Guru
    I have left my heated grips on and drained the battery so many times, even with an indicator LED. It isn't that hard to use a relay to power the only when the ignition is on, you could tap in to an ignition wire or a wire on the alarm connector if you have one to control the relay.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

9. #59 Re: Timeline update III 
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    I have left my heated grips on and drained the battery so many times, even with an indicator LED. It isn't that hard to use a relay to power the only when the ignition is on, you could tap in to an ignition wire or a wire on the alarm connector if you have one to control the relay.
    Good advice there spencer2004

When the bike was in for its second service, I asked the guys to reconnect the grips to an ignition feed. Job sorted. I didn't fancy returning to a flat battery after a day at work!

10. #60 Re: Timeline update III 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hey Ghost, Good to see you are still tinkering with the bike,,As you have fittted heated grips why not also fit some handguards,,you can get them pretty cheap on ebay,and protect your mitts from the elements.I have fitted barkbusters ,spent too much money on them really,,but my god they really do help keep the weather off....Actually I have gone nuclear as regards keeping my mitts warm,,,Handguards + Heated Grips +Alpinestars heated gloves....Next step ,,heated jacket ....

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast