Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozuki View Post
    In theory the Lithium Ion battery should be much less maintenance. I probably wouldn't invest in the charger though for that price. Maybe see how long the lithium ion battery lasts and then look to replace it with a standard one after if you've already got a charger and such.
    Good call Frozuki....
    Note: When I had the battery out I was amazed how light it was. Literally felt like a small empty teabag box... Now I'm thinking "these would look nice in my other bikes!"
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 07-26-2013 at 07:46 PM.

2. #12 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    I should have looked at the service manual sooner..........
    First service due at 300km (186mls) - come on Pulse (insert Chinese manufacturer here), you do trust your engines more than this I hope!
    I had already clocked up 160km (99mls) in a couple of commutes to work, and I didn't want to be stuck over the week end and not ride the bike fearing I would go over this silly restriction (5 year unlimited mileage warranty to look after).

So I duly booked the bike in for its first service for today - and yesterday went out for a 134km (83ml) nonstop adventure.... Not really an adventure - but a trip to Wales and back..
    The roads were empty, so I gave my new engine a nice easy run. I know there are different ways to run motors in, but I decided right in the middle of "as per manual lame RPM" and "ride like you stole it"...

For such a small engine I was surprised on how willing it is. Whoa - pull the reigns back...
    50-60 miles in, my butt was numb and hands pins and needles - never had this before. I was glad stopping at lights during my return so that I could stand off the pegs and let the blood go back to where it should be.

Vibration - although not excessive did start to take its toll.

The things I will investigate soon are - reupholstered seat (more padding) and better grips (the originals are really bargain basement)...
    Don't get me wrong - there was no real drama - just some tweaks I need to sort..

I plan on turning this into my adventure bike, so stay tuned to see how things pan out. A guy did this on a 125cc version http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/news/?tag=mongol-rally sound credentials for a bike or what!

One glaring thing this bike desperately needs (for my use anyway) is a luggage rack (nothing available from dealers or on Ebay)

I will be giving a full unbiased review when she is fully run in.....

Ride safe guys and shiny side up
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 08-06-2013 at 08:40 AM.

3. #13 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    Mines will be here in two weeks can't wait.

Keep us updated with any issues/mods

Rgds

Ian

4. #14 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmrr2301 View Post
    Mines will be here in two weeks can't wait.

Keep us updated with any issues/mods

Rgds

Ian
    So you pulled the trigger? Congrats! Did you get a 5 yearwarranty, too? How far apart from Wirral are you?

5. #15 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    No, only got a 3 year warranty.

I am in a small town called Bo'ness in West Lothian so a wee bit away, in fact my geography is so bad I had to look up Wirral as I had no idea where it was :)

I had the 125 Adrenaline before my test and the biggest complaint about it from many was the overly restrictive exhaust, I notice that your 250 has (cosmetically at least) a different exhaust, is that stock?

Rgds

Ian

6. #16 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmrr2301 View Post
    I had the 125 Adrenaline before my test and the biggest complaint about it from many was the overly restrictive exhaust, I notice that your 250 has (cosmetically at least) a different exhaust, is that stock?

Rgds

Ian
    Hi Ian, yes indeed there are a few miles separating us... Ya never know, i may ride up that way.

My exhaust is a stocker - I like the fact they've put a stainless steel down pipe on her...

I also like the "any colour you want" - as long as it's black option - I guess they're playing it safe......

My first result on Fuelly is 78.7 mpg (imperial) - looking good

Your two weeks will fly by

7. #17 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    These bikes being Suzuki-derived/related/cloned might make looking into Suzuki DR aftermarket pipes worthwhile. Here in the states, one of the two companies selling the 200cc Qingqi afew years ago, Qlink, one could get a FMF pipe through one of Qlink's biggest dealers, JP Motorsports of San Diego.

8. #18 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    Yesterday I picked up the Adrenaline from the shop after its first service. During idle banter while paying, he mentioned he was impressed with how the bike rode and handled (wow a compliment for a Chinese bike), and he was amazed over the 5 year warranty... Needles to say, he is a great fan of the uber regular service periods...

Any how, when I got home, and having a couple of hours spare, I decided to install the Tutoro chain oiler. I am a fan of these now, and have been using one on my WK650i for some time now.

Five minutes later all the panels were off, so that I could plan where to fix it.

My willing helper offered to wash and wax the panels - I wonder what he's after? So I duly handed him what he needed and asked him to give it a final EX-P treatment. Great stuff this, I use it on my cars..

Anyway rather than blabber on here's some pics...

Few minutes and stripped ready for action

1_stripped.jpg

Super sealant - I love this stuff

2_poorboys.jpg

Top marks here, he did a great job

3_panels.jpg

Found a suitable location for the bracket, this should give adequate protection for the system.

4_bracket.jpg

Reservoir fitted

5_res.jpg

9. #19 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    System filled and bled..

6_filled&piped.jpg

Pipe run was a bit tricky, need to keep it out of the way of branches and the like, the wire tubing system pays for itself.

7_rear_pipe_run.jpg

Pipe run behind the swing arm, things a getting a bit close, but looks ok.

8_top_swing_arm.jpg

Rear nozzle, thankfully cleared the sprocket bolts.

9_rear_out.jpg

I added some cable ties to the swing arm to further secure the pipe attachments.

10_outlet.jpg

10. #20 Re: My blog of a Pulse Adreneline 250 
    Rear view, reservoir is protected by the side panel and big rubber tool box (I didn't know this was here until I stripped the bike down earlier on during another job...

11_rear_complete.jpg

Finished at last, a rather stealth install... And not too much of a bother to refill, only two screws to remove. Now to get the bike out and adjust the flow rate..

12_finished.jpg

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast