Really long time now since my last update. So much going on on the road now that it's been hard to keep up on posts and what not online. I have been relatively good at keeping our blog updated with photos, stats, and trip updates though, but I still thought I'd share some of the highlights of the trip so far from the nearly two months now since the last time I posted.

We are currently now in Shenzhen. Having gone to Macau and Hong Kong, we have now visited 25 of the 33 provincial level regions throughout China, including Tibet, Sichuan, Qinghai, Yunnan, and Guangxi.

Since the last update in Urumqi, we spent some time in Kashgar (from where I had a crazy visa related border run to Kyrgyzstan), entered Tibet on the G219 with snowstorms there to greet us, road the CF650TR up to Everest Base Camp, visited the Leshan Giant Buddha (largest stone Buddha in the world), ate some pig brains in Chengdu, and much more!

The big news for us at the moment is that as we start making our way up the coast and back up towards Beijing, we are less than 2,000km away from the official Guinness World Record for longest motorcycle journey in a single country! We hope to pass the record in the next week or so with our next stop being Fujian province and then up towards Shanghai. If there are any riders around these areas, it would be great to try and meet up and maybe even ride for a section.

Also, one of our goals for The Great Ride is not only to break a record but also to help raise money and awareness for our partner charity, China based Free Lunch for Children. You can learn more about the charity and how you can help on the donate page of our website. All proceeds go to the charity as the trip is self-funded with the support of our sponsors.

And now, some pics! Unfortunately there's a limit on number of photos we can upload here, but we've got dozens (hundreds?) more on the site if you want to check them out!

everest.jpgkashgarstreets.jpgroadtoeverest.jpgroadtotibet.jpg