Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Confused.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Confused..... 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    I know this has probably been beaten to death, but I am totally confused about the Pulse Adrenaline 250cc.

Is this engine a copy of the Suzuki GN 250 (1982 - 3 era)?

If not can someone let me know let me know what it is based on.

I know there is a sticky on the Q200 manual, would specs be the same on the 250 variant.

I gather that the different "brands" of this model clone the same parts but built in different Chinese factories - is this correct?

Does anybody know who actually manufacture the Adrenaline 250 ?

I note on the exhaust the name "Pioneer" is stamped, is that a clue or did they only make the exhaust?

Does anyone know where I can download a workshop manual ?

Sorry about all the questions, but this is the only place I can get solid answers..

Thanks in advance guys.. WGH

2. #2 Re: Confused..... 
    Pioneer and Qingqi are related; it seems like Qingqi uses Pioneer bikes in markets where an importer might have an exclusive distribution deal. In the US, for instance, Qlink is the exclusive distributor for Qingqi enduros, but SSR just started bringing in Pioneer's bikes.

3. #3 Re: Confused..... 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Pioneer and Qingqi are related; it seems like Qingqi uses Pioneer bikes in markets where an importer might have an exclusive distribution deal. In the US, for instance, Qlink is the exclusive distributor for Qingqi enduros, but SSR just started bringing in Pioneer's bikes.
    Exactly. Lots of companies have secondary companies there to allow bike sales to additional companies when 'exclusivity' deals are in place. Qlink & Sinnis = Qingqi, Pulse & SSR = Pioneer. http://www.xfmotor.com.cn/en/250s/XF250GY.html

4. #4 Re: Confused..... 
    I been around the houses and still cant figure this out.

My Pulse Adrenaline 250cc is due for its second service soon and the workshop (who did not supply the bike - they are miles away) is asking where he can get specs from. ie. valve adjusting.....

The Pioneer site states it is a GS2550 engine, when I download the manual (for UK) it shows a a twin pot!!!!

Elsewhere on this site I read it is the TU250 engine...

Pulse themselves don't have a workshop manual...

Has anyone got a workshop manual for this?

HELP!

5. #5 Re: Confused..... 
    You are asking and answering your own questions, my suspicion is that there is no technical writers that are employed within Qingqi and its downstream affiliations, that or there are and they simply have never been instructed to create a comprehensive shop manual?

I would say that 75% of the motorcycle is shared with the 200cc, then the remaining is shared in parts, with variations, with the TU250, not the EFI version of that Suzuki model. There are technical manuals for non-EFI early version of the TU250 and likely a sanctioned Suzuki manual but the later may only be written in Japanese.

The manual would require technical writers as well as translators, it would require costs and that is why I suspect it does not exist. The talent is not cheap!

6. #6 Re: Confused..... 
    What is needed is primary information, that being specification that are from the engineers and proofed into a manual. Not having that leads into secondary sharing of information and as we all know misinformation.
    Technicians need a central repository of the information that is reliable, without that the motorcycles in my opinion should not be on the market.

7. #7 Re: Confused..... 
    The engine is shared with the Suzuki ST250, that is the model name it is sold under in Japan.
    There certainly are manuals for that in Japan, the early version had a CV carburetor. What carburetor is on the Pioneer branded models and what carburetor is on the Qingqi bike is China?

Pioneers is using the bottom shelve parts, some are shared but not all are they, we know the brakes are not the same. They are the same as the 125/200 versions, what else is shared and what is different and will be different on the Sinnis 250 that is coming.

8. #8 Re: Confused..... 
    They need to have that manual for the Sinnis 250 or these questions will just keep coming up.

9. #9 Re: Confused..... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have a 250cc Pulse and the engine is the same as the Suzuki DR-Z 250 engine back in 2000 - 2003 (when i change the exhaust i will also see if it has the restriction weld in the exhaust?)

All the panels are inter-changable with the 125 (i had one of those as well) and only difference is the weld points for the 250 engine that are different than the 125cc frame. Aso if you buy one then the after-market exhausts like he Kite and Lex Oval will not fit

: (

Download the manual forthe DRZ as it is almost the same except for the design of the casing...
    Last edited by WasNotWas; 08-13-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Update

10. #10 Re: Confused..... 
    Quote Originally Posted by WasNotWas View Post
    I have a 250cc Pulse and the engine is the same as the Suzuki DR-Z 250 engine back in 2000 - 2003 (when i change the exhaust i will also see if it has the restriction weld in the exhaust?)

All the panels are inter-changable with the 125 (i had one of those as well) and only difference is the weld points for the 250 engine that are different than the 125cc frame. Aso if you buy one then the after-market exhausts like he Kite and Lex Oval will not fit

: (

Download the manual forthe DRZ as it is almost the same except for the design of the casing...
    Hey WasNotWas thanks for the info, I'll go on the hunt for that manual.

Does the DR-Z use the TU250 engine ?

I ask as I have just seen a video from Sinnis and he says the new Apache 250 uses the TU250, although theirs will have an oil cooler and injection.

Quick question, what do you think about the front disc brake on the Pulse 250? Do you think they should have gone bigger?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast