Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Confused.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Confused..... 
    Quote Originally Posted by WasNotWas View Post
    I have a 250cc Pulse and the engine is the same as the Suzuki DR-Z 250 engine back in 2000 - 2003 (when i change the exhaust i will also see if it has the restriction weld in the exhaust?)

All the panels are inter-changable with the 125 (i had one of those as well) and only difference is the weld points for the 250 engine that are different than the 125cc frame. Aso if you buy one then the after-market exhausts like he Kite and Lex Oval will not fit

: (

Download the manual forthe DRZ as it is almost the same except for the design of the casing...
    The DRZ-250 had a four valve DOHC engine, its not the same engine.
    http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...rz250%2002.htm

2. #12 Re: Confused..... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The DRZ-250 had a four valve DOHC engine, its not the same engine.
    http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...rz250%2002.htm
    I think u will find it Is based on the same model only cut down to save money. The sinnis 250 is oiled cooled like the orginal jap model and better for commuting as the air cooled pulse can get hot if u rev in traffic to get noticed. The front brake is fine and even with the bigger engine the weight is not much more than the 125 as it has ss exhaust and lithium battery to keep the weight down. So any jap 250cc from 2000 will compete with these engines and share the same designs within reason. But when did u last see a carb on a recent jap bike. I love my pulse 250 and think it is great. Im not saying im right but I have tried getting what info I can from the web about my bike. If u visit the chinese website for these bikes it does say drz 250 engine but how they modify the engines is up to them.

3. #13 Re: Confused..... 
    The engine is not the same as a DR-Z 250, the DRZ engine is a DOHC and has four valves, the Qinqi engine is a SOHC 2-valve.

The engine is the same engine design used in the Suzuki ST250 and Grass Tracker 250.…no others, the DR-Z 250 is a totally different engine, a twin cam with likely close to 30hp and it also has a six speed gearbox.

Qingqi has a licence to make the engine, they bought the technology from Suzuki they added an oil cooler.
    The ST250 is sold in the USA as the TU250X, however the Suzuki has EFI.

As for the 125/200/250 they all share the same chasis, same frames, same brakes, same gauges...they differ on engines.
    The 125cc has a PZ30 slide carb, the 200cc has a 26mm CV carb...I am still waiting to see what carb they have on the 250 because its not been discussed.

4. #14 Re: Confused..... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Maybe the same was not quite the correct wording, all the research I have done always points to the same DR-Z engine (although the Chinese can add or remove bits as they see fit) anyway I'm not saying its right, but just thought I would mention it...

I got a XF-250GY Parts Catalogue with mine, did you guys get one? I'm sure it would help clear a few things up...

5. #15 Re: Confused..... 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    I got a XF-250GY Parts Catalogue with mine.
    Hey WasNotWas,
    Was the parts catalogue supplied with your bike, if it was props to your supplier. Are these available to purchase? Could you perhaps let me know where to get a copy. Cheers :)

6. #16 Re: Confused..... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi

I purchased the bike from Ray Dentith and it came with the bike when I first picked it up. Its quite big and lists every part and the part numbers for all the bike components. We pop some pictures up tonight when I get home if u want.

7. #17 Re: Confused..... 
    Hi

The carb on the 250 is described as this:

CARBURETTOR TYPE KU30P

MAIN JE T 1.225

CARBURETTOR BRAND TK

NEEDLE JET2.5±0.1mm

Very little information on them, i can get to the TK website but doesn't list this one as far as i can see.

So do we have an aftermarket exhaust that will fit this yet?

Ian

8. #18 Re: Confused..... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Not as far as im aware, the kite exhaust is out soon for the 125 version and when I moaned it would not fit the 250 via facebook they said they would find some time and sort it. Although I do think the stock exhaust does sound quote good anyway myself.

9. #19 Re: Confused..... 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Hi

I purchased the bike from Ray Dentith and it came with the bike when I first picked it up. Its quite big and lists every part and the part numbers for all the bike components. We pop some pictures up tonight when I get home if u want.
    That would be cool

Is the any indication on the manual like publisher or ISBN ?

Do you think your dealer could order more?

10. #20 Re: Confused..... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    20130928_160318[1].jpg20130928_160348[1].jpg20130928_160542[1].jpg

I will ask the dealer next time I'm passing, I can find no details on the book, all the catalogue lists are the parts in Chinese and English as the attached pictures show...

I did notice that although it is for the same model as ours, it lists the oil cooler that is not available on the Pulse Adrenaline 250 but is on the Sinnis 250 version (I understand (from googling) that most Chinese built moto bikes for the American market for the 200-250 models do have the oil cooler?)

Sorry about the pictures guys, I did not preview before uploading.. schoolboy error...
    Last edited by WasNotWas; 09-28-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Stupid pictures upside down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12