Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse Adrenaline 125 Tachometer 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey all, So I purchased an 08 pulse adrenaline which needed a lot of work doing to it, I have finally got the bike starting first time with electric start and have noticed that my tachometer (RPM counter) works until I rev the engine a bit and it gets to a certain point and just conks out, the engine is still revving but my tachometer is just sat at 0rpm, I took headlight out and found at a few wires had sort of been cut somehow so sorted that problem with a bit of electrical tape but I still have the problem. Any ideas guys? Thanks.
    Dan.

2. #2 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Tachometer 
    C-Moto Noob
    Also I have noticed that the sump plug to drain the oil keeps on spinning and doesn't tighten up which is a real problem, I am looking for the little triangle plate that it is screwed in to, to replace does anyone know what this is called or where I can buy it from(UK). Thanks

3. #3 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Tachometer 
    C-Moto Guru
    I'd be very cautions about the sump plug if I was you as you dont really want a litre of oil to come gushing out all over the road. It sounds like the previous owner tightened it too much and broke the threads, luckily the triangle bit is quite cheap and easy to replace.

http://www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonl...o_ENGOL001.php

As for the tachometer make sure that the wires that you re-connected are making good electrical contact, it would be best to solder them together or use a terminal block at the very least. You could also take the cover off the dashboard and look for any obvious problems with the tacho such as burnt or loose wires / connections. The Pulse Adrenaline and a lot of other chinese bikes have very poor quality wiring looms, for example my tail light stopped working last week so I cut in to the loom and found that a connection where 4 wires had been joined together had completely broken so you could have the same problem where the crank sensor wire(s) splits to go to the CDI and tachometer.

It would be quite useful if you could contact the previous owner and find out why the wires were cut in the first place, the only reason I can think of is that the tacho was not working before the wires were cut and the previous owner cut them because it was causing an electrical problem with the ignition or something.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.