Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Transport issue

1. #1 Transport issue 
    JH 600-A
    Dear all,

I do not know where to put this item, so I chose this thread:
    I went to Jiuzhaigou by plane and wanted to drive my motorbike (JH600) around there. A transport company had packed it into a wooden crate 2 weeks earlier and send it from Shanghai to Chengdu. There it was handed over to a second transport company to be brought to Jiuzhaigou. Unfortunately shortly before my arrival the streets have been washed away and the truck did not get through from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou. So nice holiday, but no moto.
    After my return to Shanghai the bike finally reached its destination but the second transport company in Jiuzhaigou told the first company that they needed to raise the price for the transport back to Chengdu - they knew I was not there anymore and took the chance to make some fast bucks. Instead of the usual 300/400 they want to have 4000 RMB now for the way from Jiuzhaigou to Chengdu.
    So here is my question:
    Is there anybody here who would like to save the bus ticket from Jiuzhaigou to Chengdu and drive my motorbike instead? This person would have to accept a little trouble picking up my bike but therefore experience a nice drive to the railway station of Chengdu where the bike should be send to Shanghai. Of course I pay the petrol and the train fare for the bike from Chengdu to Shanghai.
    Regards,
    Soenke

2. #2 Re: Transport issue 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    not sure if this will help you, nor what the costs might be as this company www.deppon.com/en are expensive anyway, but are very reliable and fast... worth a shot looking at an alternative company. Keep in mind each day the bike stays grounded will cost you storage fees...

3. #3 Re: Transport issue 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Any MCM members in Chengdu who could help out? Or motorcycle clubs or shops? There would be concerns about trust and liability, but it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who would like to help out.

Wish I knew someone up there, but I can't think of anyone.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Transport issue 
    JH 600-A
    For everybody who is interested: my friend asked Mr Li from the Shanghai transport company if he could look for another transporter in Jiuzhaigou and - finally - he found one (or only started looking after I wanted to meet him and talk to him...)
    So now my bike is on the way back ... and lessons learned - better do it yourself.