Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 custom motorcycle for sale 
    The bike was custom made in 2011 in Beijing, based on a “Chang Jiang” frame .The Chinese engine has been replaced with a BMW 750 cc Boxer engine (German engine= long lasting quality). All other parts are custom made, which is obvious I think. The paint is very individual with fine lines on the tank. The bike is in good condition, since it has been always parked in a basement (stable temperature) and comes with an original “A-Jing” plate and relevant documents.This is deffo a fine piece of art and a daily eye catcher. I’m moving to India at the end of 2013/ beginning 2014 and it seems that India is one of the few places in this world I can’t ship it to… unfortunately. Therefore I hope the bike will find a decent biker in China! The price of 55 000 RMB is negotiable. I'll send more pictures upon request. You can also log on to:http://www.bmwsidecar.com for more info and pics about this bobber. Please use my private e-mail address for e-mails: norman.dentel@t-online.de
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Normski; 08-09-2013 at 06:24 AM.

2. #2 Re: custom motorcycle for sale 
    C-Moto Regular
    when is the first registration on the paper?

3. #3 Re: custom motorcycle for sale 
    The first registration was in August 2004.

4. #4 Re: custom motorcycle for sale 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    ^Doesn't sound like much time left for the bike...
    How many years left before bike must be scrapped (removed off the road permanently)?

5. #5 Re: custom motorcycle for sale 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    2004? Really? I thought in prior posts you said that it was an expired CJ plate? A 2004 would put its expiration at 2015. Did you get new docs made, to accommodate the crazy-gas-station situation in Beijing?

But, of course, since it is now a 2-wheeled bobber, not a 3-wheeled sidecar, and since it has an engine swap (different engine number), the bike/plate would not be legal.

Great photography!

6. #6 Re: custom motorcycle for sale 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    2004? Really? I thought in prior posts you said that it was an expired CJ plate? A 2004 would put its expiration at 2015. Did you get new docs made, to accommodate the crazy-gas-station situation in Beijing?

But, of course, since it is now a 2-wheeled bobber, not a 3-wheeled sidecar, and since it has an engine swap (different engine number), the bike/plate would not be legal.

Great photography!
    Exxxxactly, thanks Lao Jia Hou, you got the point, thanks for your post. The A-plate is original but only on my bike to get gasoline downtown, in combination with the related" blue book". Who would sell a custom made bike + a new licence plate for 55 000 RMB anyway?! Kinda " flea market" mentality....besides, I've never had any problems with police etc. riding the bike downtown within the last 2 years. Thanks for understanding that I'm not posting where exactly I'm living, to avoid waking up tomorrow morning without a bike in the basement:-)

7. #7 Re: custom motorcycle for sale 
    Its a great, great bike! Reliable, taken care of, beautiful made. I will "stand" for the seller and so is Shuben. We made some rides together back in Beijing.

8. #8 Re: custom motorcycle for sale 
    yep, agree with Sabine.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

9. #9 Re: custom motorcycle for sale 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Come on man - someone asked you when the first registration was and you replied 2004. Uh ... kinda misleading, isn't it?

Also, you are a very lucky man riding that bike around downtown Beijing for a couple of years without any problems. If that is true, you DEFINITELY need to post your experience on the Chinese forums, where there are literally hundreds of posts across dozens of threads claiming a much different experience downtown - people would love to hear how you managed that. Valuable info!

Anyways, good luck with your sale.

10. #10 Re: custom motorcycle for sale 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Also, you are a very lucky man riding that bike around downtown Beijing for a couple of years without any problems. If that is true, you DEFINITELY need to post your experience on the Chinese forums, where there are literally hundreds of posts across dozens of threads claiming a much different experience downtown - people would love to hear how you managed that. Valuable info!
    i also know Norm's bike from the very early stages of buildup - Jimbo got those 16" wheels 'n tyres from me ...

since i arrived here in BJ 6 years ago i have been riding CJ's - all of them highly modified (2 of them converted to 2 wheelers) - all around in and outside BJ without having Trouble of any Kind!

i have been stopped by Police several times but all they wanted me to do is to take a pic of them on my rides

i know within the period of my stay things changed - now that i'm leaving BJ i already sent 2 of my 4 CJ's back to Europe 6 months ago and the other 2 remaining have gone back to Germany 1 month ago

thomas
    http://www.4444-Chang-Jiang-Design.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast