Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Bike-Clothes Shops (Dainese, Rokker etc.) in Shanghai.... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Bikers,

maybe u know some good Shops in Shanghai where i can go to buy good clothes like a Dainese Jacket or Rokker-Bikejeans in Shanghai.

I am searching exactly for this Dainese SPEED NAKED PELLE Jacket 2013:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=26837516445

and for Rokker Bikejeans like this one or similar brands and quality:
    http://www.amazon.de/Harley-Davidson...eywords=rokker

i know i can buy them on taobao but would like to go into a shop where i can try them out first and maybe buy it there on the spot. But i don`t know good shops here in the City but i know there must be some good ones to go. So i am asking the community if there are some tips where to go. Would apreciate any tips!

Thank u guys in advance!

Cheers

2. #2 Re: Bike-Clothes Shops (Dainese, Rokker etc.) in Shanghai.... 
    Why buy from inside China? You take a huge gamble with fakes, 2nd grade quality and being overcharged. Why not just buy online from outside China. I haven't used them, but www.motosport.com ship to China.

Best shop in shanghai: take a taxi to pudong airport, buy a ticket to Bangkok ;-)

Believe it or not, im being serious, especially if your shoe size is bigger than a childs. For what you'd spend getting ripped off at Chinese shops you can afford the ticket easily and have some good food in the bargain.

There are three HUGE shops in BKK - Dainese has a giant showroom there, Panda riders is great and the Stockade also has a ton of stuff.

That said, there is a shop with a decent selection of clothes and stuff in putuo: jiaotong Lu and Jiaoji Lu. The whole street is bike stuff, but I couldn't say how "authentic" it is and prices are pretty steep for the Alpinestars, Arai, Dainese stuff.

BBS, was that you picking up the new black NK at Jeff's shop today?

5. #5 Re: Bike-Clothes Shops (Dainese, Rokker etc.) in Shanghai.... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    @ ZMC888
    Yeah u r right. Too dangerous to get Fake here in China. I am getting now a good Bikejeans from Germany. Still need to find a Dainese Jacket...thxs for the link. Good stuff there.

@ themicah

:) Good Idea with BKK. Maybe i find something in Hongkong. Have to check this out these days... I am searching for a special Dainese Jacket. No Problem to get this in Germany. But need to try it out first to buy the right size before ordering one...they are not so cheap.

And yes :) That was me yesterday with the Black 650NK. U have also been in the shop? There was a 650NK parking outside looked like the one on ur Picture...!? Don`t know which guy u have been... ok i had anyway only eyes for my bike that day... ;)

I love the bike. Drove it 30 Km home to Anting and just fall in love with it. Great Bike and so much fun! 200 km on it now (the whole sunday sitting on the bike and cruising around. That bike is really comfortable and i never felt exhausted or stressed. Really good bike! Think i will be friday or saturday again in Jefs shop to make the first service and get some small tuning parts...

I changed the mirrors, changed the honk (the new one sounds like a car, very funny), changed the levers, changed the exhaust pipe (the same like Jef has on his bike), built in a gps-tracker - this was all done in Jefs shop.

Wanna rebuild the Tail to a smaller one when i have time.

Will post some pictures these days...

I am very happy for the decision to take the 650nk. Jef did a great job and helped me all the time to get everything finished...

Cheers

6. #6 Re: Bike-Clothes Shops (Dainese, Rokker etc.) in Shanghai.... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by themicah View Post
    Best shop in shanghai: take a taxi to pudong airport, buy a ticket to Bangkok ;-)

Believe it or not, im being serious, especially if your shoe size is bigger than a childs. For what you'd spend getting ripped off at Chinese shops you can afford the ticket easily and have some good food in the bargain.

There are three HUGE shops in BKK - Dainese has a giant showroom there, Panda riders is great and the Stockade also has a ton of stuff.

That said, there is a shop with a decent selection of clothes and stuff in putuo: jiaotong Lu and Jiaoji Lu. The whole street is bike stuff, but I couldn't say how "authentic" it is and prices are pretty steep for the Alpinestars, Arai, Dainese stuff.

:) Bangkok too far away - so i just went to HongKong this Weekend and did a little bit shopping in the Dainese Store there. Also good food in HK...

Before i went there i emailed them if they have a special Jecket i was searching for and the did have it. So up in the air i was and got more then i wanted.
    Bought a Jacket, a back-protector, a good Bag, handgloves and special underwear.

Nice small shop and easy to find:
    http://www.ibike.com.hk/02_market/dainese/d1.htm

2013-08-31 14.34.12.jpg2013-08-31 14.34.37.jpg2013-08-31 14.37.02.jpg2013-08-31 14.37.09.jpg2013-09-01 17.08.54.jpg

They sell from Shoes, Helmets, Jackets, Gloves, Bags to underwear and so on...

Thumbs up for Dainese HK!

Cheers

C-Moto Not-so-Noob

8. #8 Re: Bike-Clothes Shops (Dainese, Rokker etc.) in Shanghai.... 
    Nice stuff!

9. #9 Re: Bike-Clothes Shops (Dainese, Rokker etc.) in Shanghai.... 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BBS View Post
    :) Bangkok too far away - so i just went to HongKong this Weekend and did a little bit shopping in the Dainese Store there. Also good food in HK...

Before i went there i emailed them if they have a special Jecket i was searching for and the did have it. So up in the air i was and got more then i wanted.
    Bought a Jacket, a back-protector, a good Bag, handgloves and special underwear.

Nice small shop and easy to find:
    http://www.ibike.com.hk/02_market/dainese/d1.htm
    They sell from Shoes, Helmets, Jackets, Gloves, Bags to underwear and so on...
    Thumbs up for Dainese HK!

Cheers
    Any idea if they ship to the mainland?