Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Manual and advice for Lexmoto LSM50 
    C-Moto Noob
    I'm very impressed with the Lexmoto LSM50 but stuck to know three things.

1. Where can I get a manual , since none came with it.

2. It looks as though the choke lever on the handlebar is 'off' when pushed forward and operating when pulled back. Is that correct?

3. The bike is restricted but I will need to derestrict it soon. Does anyone know exactly what needs to be done? And will the carb need re-jetting?
    Last edited by PDL; 11-18-2013 at 12:01 PM.

2. #2 Re: Manual and advice for Lexmoto LSM50 
    the choke mechanism is correct same way my Rieju Marathon pro 125 was, if my memory serves me right the engine is a copy of the Yamaha Minerelli AM6 so a DT50 or any of the numerous bikes that used that engine can be used as a service manual

deristricting it normally there is a air filter restrictor and a washer in the exhaust to limit the exhaust gas flow which would need to be cut apart removed then re welded easier to get a aftermarket exhaust that will be better made, you will have to rejet the carb just check the mixture by checking the sparkplug of for more performance chance to a performance carb and CDI set up.

but it will only do a maximum of 65~mph reliability will drop if ridden at that constantly.

Kennon

3. #3 Re: Manual and advice for Lexmoto LSM50 
    C-Moto Noob
    Kennon

Many very thanks.

You've confirmed some things for me.

I had suspected that the bike was based on the Yamaha DT50, and as an old time biker that is no bad thing. I will get the service details based on that.

The derestriction info is useful, and I suspect a new CDI will indeed be advisable. I had suspected there might be a washer restricting the exhaust (a very poor and cheapskate poor engineering technique btw) but had not realised it might be inside the exhaust itself.
    The problem is that new EU regulations mean that the factory ( Shingsu Dafier I think) are making these bikes to conform to these foolish new regs that limit them to only 28mph, which is so slow as to be dangerous. As soon as my son becomes 17 years old it would be dangerous of me to let him continue to ride at that speed. I will then replace the CDI ( or cut the rev limiting purple wire) , remove the exhaust limiter or replace the exhaust, and clear the air intake.
    For those in the UK I should say that all this is legal and requires no notification to your insurance company as long as the licence of the rider allows them to ride other than a AM licence vehicle.

But many thanks again. I will try and post our experience with the Lexmoto LSM50 ( I used to be a father, now I am a mechanic) as we get more miles under its wheels.

4. #4 Re: Manual and advice for Lexmoto LSM50 
    thankfully I never was restricted to 30mph when I was it was cough cough from the dealership deristricted I was just sensible around town so never got found out all my friends had full power 50's used to ride 20 miles to college then 20 miles back 4-5days a week so 30mph would of been unbearable to deal with, in my opinion they should be allowed to get a 125 at 16 maybe max speed of 50mph as thats what a deristricted 50cc will do on a bad day, then when they turn 17 they can have it to go as fast as that 125 will do.

Kennon

5. #5 Re: Manual and advice for Lexmoto LSM50 
    C-Moto Noob
    A quick update will follow.
    Last edited by PDL; 11-18-2013 at 12:00 PM.