Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Bag hook GPS mount 
    C-Moto Noob
    Bag hook GPS mount

This is how I made a GPS mount for my SYM Citycom. This may help others with scoots with a bag hook. I mounted half of a GPS mount to the bag hook of my scoot.

these are the parts:1.) half of the GPS mount2.) two home made rubber washers for friction between the GPS mount and the U-bracket.3.) two washers to go under U-bracket4.) home made U-bracket5.) bolt to screw GPS mount to U-bracket

this is how the U-bracket mount with the two washers underneath. I used the factory bolt to do it.

everything mounted with the mount in the everyday ride "out of the way" position

GPS mounted with a hair band (what ladies use to make a pony tail in their hair) for safety.

The bracket is spray painted black and looks professional IMHO. This way you can still use the bag hook and it is not in the way getting on or off. The GPS runs off the Aux power outlet. I put the GPS in a plastic Ziplock bag if it rains to keep it dry.happy Citycoming.....until next time.
    2008 Eagle Milano 150
    2009 Honda Rebel 250
    Chinese atv parts

2. #2 Re: Bag hook GPS mount 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Great idea, and an easy modification! Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by motor View Post
    GPS mounted with a hair band (what ladies use to make a pony tail in their hair) for safety.
    Haha - I learned the hard way that this is necessary (GPS unit flew out of the universal holder at about 60 km/h). I've since been stealing my SO's hair bands. I was successfully blaming our cats for her missing hair bands, until one day she noticed her missing hair bands on my bikes. By the way, the tough, black rubber bands that markets use to tie up vegetables also work very well, and are a perfect size.

Quote Originally Posted by motor View Post
    The GPS runs off the Aux power outlet. I put the GPS in a plastic Ziplock bag if it rains to keep it dry.happy Citycoming.....until next time.
    Unfortunately, lots of scoots don't have an Aux outlet (none of mine do). Here are a couple after-market Aux outlets that I've used & am happy with:

Scooter USB outlet It has an adhesive backing (good for scoots)

Combined USB / Cig Lighter outlets It also comes with a nice rubber boot for the USB connector, but it is a handlebar mount which most scoots don't have room for.