Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OK OK!

This fighting is not helping anyone I agree. We have some err disagreements.

So lets agree to disagree, you know where I stand on this issue Andy, but I've removed first post from this thread, to remove the issue which most annoyed you, the fact that we were seeming to advertise this offer to help other people. The offer to help is still there however, the advertising of it is not.

Well you were pretty rude in your posts, (you apologized so fair enough) but then again I was pushing the envelope somewhat in my replies, so sorry about that.

Also please don't get so paranoid, the authorities are mostly only searching for keywords on the internet for err 'provinces' of China which start with the letter 'T' or 'X'!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl
    Now if we wanted to be productive, we could consider how to coordinate these ideas and efforts into something greater than the whole of the parts. If enough people got interested, it might even become a viable (and LEGAL) business proposition.
    I'd love to see a day when foreigners could easily and legally rent cars and motorcycles. I'm sure that would be a viable business for at least someone...

We disagree on this issue, but probably agree on nearly everything else, so lets see if we can still get along...mines a Paulaner Weißbier by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    You know, sometimes I notice that motorcyclists fight like bull-headed siblings or family members.

All in all, the quality of people on MCM is very high and I'd like to keep it that way. With all the crap that someone goes through to stay in China for so long, it makes sense that we'd tend to get a little on-edge or paranoid; I've certainly felt that myself. Nevertheless, that is NO excuse for pointing fingers at comrades and ESPECIALLY even hinting insults of racial or nationalistic origin : the epitome of senseless, counter-productive stupidity.

At the end of the day, everyone is here to help other people because we enjoy seeing other people grow. It's good for them and it's good for us. We're bound to have differences of opinions and how certain things should be done, but fundamentally our goals are the same.

Now if we wanted to be productive, we could consider how to coordinate these ideas and efforts into something greater than the whole of the parts. If enough people got interested, it might even become a viable (and LEGAL) business proposition. One thing is for sure though, the good stuff doesn't happen when we're sitting around arguing like little school girls.

It may not seem like it but the work we're doing is important and greater than any of our personal issues so let's stay more focused on the and

CC

P.S. - Learn to use emoticons... . They exist for a reason beyond bored graphic designers. They fill in emotional information that is lost in text only communication which can, and often does, lead to misunderstandings of various intensities.
    yeah, whatever he said...

Culcune!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Yeesh.. 2 pages since i checked last! Gotta hand it to the straight crowd.. they sure know how to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Meh... it's all good.
    The facts are these; we'd like to FIRST tell people that riding in China without a resident visa and license and registration and insurance (and a bit more government BS thrown in for good measure), is illegal and we advise otherwise. If, for some reason you're just so dang stubborn and fail to take our advice, we'll at LEAST point you in the most legitimate direction. No, it ain't perfect and IS inadvisable, but, you being the stubborn type, want to throw caution to the wind and drive the open road! We here at ZMC know EXACTLY how you feel! We KNOW that Jones! We KNOW it's wrong! You really WANT to do the right thing, but that Jones is on you like a freaking bull terrier, YANKING and BITING! WE FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! The first thing you're gonna do is come visit us and we'll sit you down with a gagger and a few beer and make sure the Jones is the real thang and you understanding the risks you're about to saddle up with.
    Now, after we've assessed that you're on an even keel and just not some ill informed masochist, we'll give you a mountain bike to get used to the local traffic while we set the ball rolling "acquiring" said moto. (This'll take a week or two.) While we're waiting, we'll give you all the instruction we can to make sure you're as equipped as you can be to face the absolute chaos of these roads. ...and maybe bunk you in the clubhouse if you're REAL good!
    We're DEFINITELY not saying this is legit. No, in fact it's likely you'll end up breaking rocks somewhere in Mongolia or become someone's ass biatch in some steamy bamboo gulag down south , but then you LIVE for the risk, doncha???
    If (and i say it in the BIGGEST way) IF you do come, be absolutely sure to bring the video camera to film to whole illegal thing!

For the straight ones in the crowd, we know your pain too! We KNOW your desire to follow the straight and narrow! Okay... maybe not... What can i say? We've been in China too long and have become corrupted by the system! WE DRINK WARM BEER AND WEAR THERMAL UNDERWEAR IN THE WINTER FOR PETE'S SAKE! It's not our fault! WE'RE A PRODUCT OF THE MACHINE!!!
    We heartily apologize for anything printed here that offends you. Please have Mercy on us! We'll try to be better sometime in the future!

Oh hey, reading back how buddy got pulled over by the cops while he had his Chinese girlfriend on the back... BIG mistake! As soon as you have a national on the back, they have an avenue of communication. YOUR BIGGEST DEFENSE IS YOUR IGNORANCE!!!! (i learned that heeere too!!)

WE ARE NOT LEGIT!!!!!! BUT WE STILL GO ON!!!!

PEACE!

BROS BEFORE HOES!!!
    (Did i use enough emoticons CC?)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Dave View Post
    (Did i use enough emoticons CC?)
    Well I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in time.

CC

Mr. Big, I agree with the common opinion to stop the fight about this topic. However, I feel I have to reply to your post where you are going to harass me again - as I feel you did in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    I find your arrogance breath taking.
    If it is arrogant to follow law, rules and regulations, then I admit to be arrogant. Moreover, Mr. Big, I remember a thread where a simple question was asked, I replied to it, neutrally and just expressing my personal opinion, and you started shooting at me. And now comes Mr. Big calling me arrogant - what kind of person are you man.

I see your planing a trip which will take you out of China and back in again at two different points is this not illegal for foreigners if not it is certainly a Grey area( not many foreigners have accomplished it).My cousin in law who works in that field certainly thinks so, right where you plan to exit China.
    Couldn't find any question mark in you question, but I will answer it. Firstly I don't see anything wrong in planning a trip, Mr. Big - do you? Although not to your concern, I am planning to leave China for Kazakhstan and re-enter China from Mongolia. There is nothing illegal involved as long as you can prove that the vehicle is legal, belongs to you, or the person who it is belonging to, gives his / her written approval. You may need special approval to cross certain land borders, but this doesn't apply to the border stations I intend to cross.

that must be why your on another forum asking how to do it.
    That's why forums are there. Is there anything wrong about asking, Mr. Big? I didn't get any reasonable answers anyway.

But wait a minute didn't you just have ago at someone on this forum about someone asking too many questions on how to ride through China and was ticked off because they where going to do it illegally.

Or is it a case of" Do as I say but don't do as I do"?
    Mr. Big, this sentence is hard to understand. May it be the case that there is a typing or grammar mistake? Or both? However, Mr. Big, I'll answer it.
    Topic in the post you are referring to was: "how to register a bike in China".
    My answer was not too friendly, I admit, but only reflects facts.

But I guess if your a "BMW Motorrad Instructor license, which entitles me to hold "On-road Safety Riding" as well as "Enduro" trainings in the name and on behalf of BMW Motorrad and BMW Rider Training".
    I can't see any context or relation to the topic we are posting about.
    I never planned to unveil this fact, but you have forced me to in the other thread - remember?

Your entitled to do as you please .You legend.
    You, and others of a similar opinion to yours, want to do what you / they please. Not me, Mr. Big. It seems I have to think about being a legend though.

There is a saying
    " the cow that makes the most amount of noise gives the least amount of milk"
    There is another saying, Mr. Big: "dogs who bark, don't bite"

Andy it seems you have a habit of shooting down other peoples dreams.

Why don't you try helping people rather than standing on your mountain telling people what there doing wrong.
    I think I am not destroying other people's dreams. I am telling one side of the extreme, while others thell the other side. Reality lies somewhere between. I am not helping, and definitely will never help, anybody to go the illegal way, but I am willing to help doing it according to the books.

Also Quote from china biker
    P.S. Don't know where you are from, but image(sic) a group of Chinese guys coming along and riding in your country - without license, without rego, insurance, ... - you're not gonne(sic) like that!
    This is my favourite, Mr. Big. You got me - I do not belong to the elite of native English speakers, although I tried to cover it up. But Mr. Big, please allow me to tell you to clean in front of your own door first before laughing about others.Your (sic) sucks. See this:
    I see your planing a trip which will take you out of China and back in again at two different points is this not illegal for foreigners if not it is certainly a Grey area( not many foreigners have accomplished it).My cousin in law who works in that field certainly thinks so, right where you plan to exit China.

Last December it was exposed that there was a fault /grey area in getting a licence in NSW which the Chinese jumped all over.did the general public care in NSW . NO. they had more important things to worry about. Unless the Chinese in Australia are selling drugs, extorting money standing over people or killing people (which they are not) the general public do not care.There are too many naturalized Chinese with legal licenses driving around dangerously anyway.

So yes there are a helluva lot of Chinese driving around inadequately trained on NSW roads exploiting the system.

Only Human Nature.
    Far off topic again, Mr. Big. The case you are introducing represents a loophole in a system, wherby the people who are using it, are the least responsible.

Finally, Mr. Big, I am offering peace, friendship, again my apologies for pouring oil into the flames and my very bad English.

I bury my weapons now and want to offer a handshake to everyone who might have felt offended by my aggressive posting. ??

Cheers

Andy
    P.S. I hope I'm not over smiley quota now

He's b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-c-k!

Don't quite understand how you can slag someone full tilt, then offer your apologies the next sentence.
    i figure those weapons are buried until the next person gets yer dander up!
    But hey, i'm ready to believe the best in people! Fill yer boots! TO BURIED WEAPONS!!

He's b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-c-k!

Don't quite understand how you can slag someone full tilt, then offer your apologies the next sentence.
    b-a-a-a-c-k, yes, I'm a bit out of www reach in far western Yunnan right now.
    Do you apologize before you strike?

i figure those weapons are buried until the next person gets yer dander up!
    But hey, i'm ready to believe the best in people! Fill yer boots! TO BURIED WEAPONS!!
    I said buried - then buried.

Andy

- Aright guys, everyone is bad ass. How about hearing something about Andy being in Western Yunnan?

CC

Quote Originally Posted by chinabiker View Post
    P.S. I hope I'm not over smiley quota now
    No, I removed the per/post smiley limit so there's plenty of room for more!

CC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast