Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 650TR Rider View Post
    Taken a pic of screen tried to get the tape measure as close as possible one handed while photographing using iPad in other hand lol... The measurement is 24" / 601mm approx
    As Prince666 posted in reply, together we've been able to find numerous cosmetic differences between the export model 650TR Buck and Amy have been given by CFMoto HQ for their "the Great Ride of China" escapade and the bikes that Prince666 and I have. While the differences appear mainly cosmetic in appearance the differences that we likely cannot see might run significantly deeper. Again this pisses me off no end, since the cost of the bike inside this middle kingdoOm is pretty much equivalent to what most are paying abroad. OK, so my ride is a 2012 model so allowing for possible revisions depending on assembly date etc., might explain some of the differences in design/style, but Prince666's bike is new, only ordered and bought within the month. He got given a 2012 model pretty close to the MNFG date as mine. Old stock. I guess this is a lesson for all of us here. Demand new stock ex-factory and for those of us this side of the farkin prison wall, demand export model only anything less and burn the farkin thing at the HQ gate. If I had a trailer and the tow ball hitch, I'd load my Jetmax and 650TR, drive the few hundred k's to Hangzhou, off load the bikes outside the main gate of the CFMoto factory and douse the two substandard bikes with plenty of accelerant and set a flame to the whole ensemble. Not before contacting the media outfits with a well crafted press release. Fark it, if dudes can do it with their BMW's and Ferraris et al. I can do it with a CumFarkMe-oto. Is the bike that bad, no, but the BS ideaology/philosophy sux IMO.

I don't mind being a Beta tester, even on a product with lesser quality parts/components, but seriously don't rip me off in the process PRC Company Limited...!

I also don't being lied to, as has happened in the case of the company denied (ghost) taller screen.

OK, so 650TR Rider, I'm sure I write for Prince666 aside from myself, when I type that we're likely more than just a little curious to see more photos of your bike from different angles/profiles so we can compare ours with yours, especially since your bike is red like ours! Just sayin. Seeing more photos of your bike will also allow us to visually compare yours with Buck and Amy's bike too.

Right, back to regular programming then...

2. #22 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    Hi All

It is fair to say we are being ripped of here in China . Uk sellers are paying in the low 30K rmb and getting a better bike , just checked the mirror yes i do have the word "FOOL" (sha gua) on my forehead , and unlike in the UK if the bike has a problem you just take it back to the dealer and all is sorted out because you have a 2 year warranty ! here in china yes it is said you have a 2 year warranty . well you just try to make a claim .... from other then the dealer you got the bike from .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #23 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    C-Moto Regular
    Guys sorry to hear that...CFMoto really need to get their act together internally if they want to do serious business outside of china.... they must understand that these days the internet is a powerful tool and can make or break businesses...i am also pissed off with CFMoto as i find in the US they have clock, trip meter and low fuel warning included... WTF... they just cant go around making these differences and expect that no one will noyice. They will FAIL even before they have started to sell outside of China. Wa there anything specifically you wanted me to photograph?

4. #24 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    Quote Originally Posted by 650TR Rider View Post
    Guys sorry to hear that...CFMoto really need to get their act together internally if they want to do serious business outside of china.... they must understand that these days the internet is a powerful tool and can make or break businesses...i am also pissed off with CFMoto as i find in the US they have clock, trip meter and low fuel warning included... WTF... they just cant go around making these differences and expect that no one will noyice. They will FAIL even before they have started to sell outside of China. Wa there anything specifically you wanted me to photograph?

Are you sure!! the USA spec TR have these items fiited dont think because the website says "YES" these come as standard.. dont mean items are fitted ! we need a MCM member in the USA to go and physically check to be certain living in China it is the price you pay.. to have to put up with all the lies you get every day of your life here .But you ask most people who have lived here for a long time and ask would you move back home, most would say no ... if you can please send pictures of the sides,front and back so we can have a "spot the difference competition"

a full side view right and left and 1 from the back and we should be ok thanks. Looking at Bucks side boxs have extra locks and a close up from the side so we can see the front screen angle. and does yours have a 12v plug on the left side faring

Thanks
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #25 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    C-Moto Regular
    Here are the first 5 images.. can only upload 5 at a time
    Attached Images

6. #26 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    C-Moto Regular
    Next 5 images
    Attached Images

7. #27 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    C-Moto Regular
    next 5
    Attached Images

8. #28 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    C-Moto Regular
    And the final 5

Hope this helps you to identify differences
    Attached Images

9. #29 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    Thank you so much the pictures will be a great help .. it looks like the same bike as me and Bikerdoc has here in the China but Buck and amy bike is much difference . The screen is the same as bucks but your side stand looks longer because from the picture from the back your bike dont look like it leans so far over to the left as the ones we have in china see your bike with my bike next to it .

How do you find the screen size and rake does it push the air over your head ok

to be sure can i ask you one more big favor could you measure the distance from the center of the top bolt that holds the side stand to the frame to the bottom of the side stand foot just to make sure yours is longer . And i see you have a alarm fob on you keyring ??? did you have the alarm fitted ??? only 400 miles done you need to put some more on the baby so you can open her up a bit i think it should top out about about 130mph + (220/230km) at just over 10k rpm hope CF has not fitted a rev limiter but will find out over the weekend will be a one of the expressways here in china so i can check the top end then . by the way bikes here in china are banned on the expressways which are the same as your M1/M6 but are all toll roads but are the safest place to check the top end out

well thanks for your time
    Last edited by prince666; 09-18-2013 at 07:43 PM.

10. #30 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    C-Moto Regular
    I will take another's photo on side sand... That one is a bit deceiving as it is not on a flat surface... Mine does lean over the same as yours.. I don't have cigar lighter socket... And you may have noted on speedo there is no KPH so no good for going to Europe which is a bit shit really ... Very bad oversight by CFmoto... Does anyone on here have CFMoto customer service contact details?

The alarm was extra £350.00 to supply and fit Datatool system... Not cheap, but one of the best I am told.
    Last edited by 650TR Rider; 09-18-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Correct spelling

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast