Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    Hi 650TR

see if you can find a flat surface and do i like for like shot of the back as in my back picture please then i can be sure

Does anyone on here have CFMoto customer service contact details?
    we here only have contact details for China and the last time my wife talked to them when the bike was 2 days old with 50km on the clock and we told them about the water leak the custoner service person here in china told my wife its no big thing just take it in to a bike shop and "pay" and get it fixs ?? so in a word here in china we dont get customer service like you do in the uk

That is big money for the Alarm here in china get a good alarm and HID fitted for under £70 all in

It look like the money was not well spent you need to ask your self who is going to nick it heheh sorry mate i do have the same bike as well

you can't polish a turd
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #32 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi Prince666

I have taken a better photo showing bike lean on side stand, if you look at the lines on the garage door it will provide a good indication of the amount of lean.
    Attached Images

3. #33 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    Hi 650TR Rider

Thank you for posting picture i will post a picture of my bike as well with yours so you can clearly see the diffance

My bike above

650tr lean bike.jpg

Your bike above

I have found it make it a lot easy now to get the bike up straight before moving of
    Last edited by prince666; 09-23-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #34 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    It's obvious that 650TR riders TR has the same short side stand as the rest of us, aside from Prince666 and his stand-aid club foot. Hahahaha!. Though I am looking forward to getting the stand-aid soon. With the addition of the stand-aid I won't have to fumble any longer with a block of wood that I carry on the bike to put under the side stand.

On an entirely different note though, I've noticed that my 650TR is quite a thirsty machine, seemingly worse fuel economy than my AN650 executive which with an auto CVT and around 60-70kgs heavier (plus all the extra gear I have stashed under the seat), realistically the Burgy should have worse fuel economy than the TR. I'm suprised that this is not the case. I am pretty docile on the throttle with the TR and don't ride it as hard or as fast as the Burgy which is faster off the line than the TR and then some, so, all-in-all it somewhat surprises me. The TR does have a little more top end speed over the Burgy. The Burgy is way more comfortable on longer trips or just fanging round the local mountain tracks I ride frequently. The TR having bigger 17" front and rear wheels gives a more plush ride over bumps and road irregularities as compared with the Burgy's 15" front and 14" rear wheel combination. But the seat on the TR is an arse killer after a few hours in the saddle. That seat IMO needs a lot of work.

5. #35 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    Contemplating fitting something like the SIGMA BC509 or similar.

SIGMA-BC509.jpg

Comes complete with a clock, speed, trip and other functions plus has a back light. The only issue will be wiring it up to the wheel since these type of units usually have the magnet fitted to bicycle spokes. Sure I can work it out though.

After a quick browse of Taobao this morning, found there are many different brands, models and price points. Hmmm, time for a lucky dip.

6. #36 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Contemplating fitting something like the SIGMA BC509 or similar.

SIGMA-BC509.jpg

Comes complete with a clock, speed, trip and other functions plus has a back light. The only issue will be wiring it up to the wheel since these type of units usually have the magnet fitted to bicycle spokes. Sure I can work it out though.

After a quick browse of Taobao this morning, found there are many different brands, models and price points. Hmmm, time for a lucky dip.

Hi Doc

Is it only a clock you need !! because give me a few hours and i will post some pictures of 2 LCD clock "batteries type" which i think will look ok Why do you need of the other stuff ! trip would be nice but that would need so type of sensor to be wired back to the unit sound like hard work to me . Now with the fuel .... with the 4 tanks i used when i run the bike in so at first not above 4k and then not above 6k the fuel consumption was good about 22km per L .Last night on the way back from Zimbo on the Expressway i gunned it for the last 160 km doing 160+ most of the time with a few times hitting 190+ the fuel consumption dropped down to 11km per L , so riding around town with some nice runs doing 120 KMH the consumption should be ok, with a range from the tank to be 300+ KM but if you gun it the bike drinks alot

I can confirm the bike is good for 200 KMH with the best i had last night was 210 KMH by way of the bike instrument reading only no GPS reading

7. #37 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Doc

Is it only a clock you need !! because give me a few hours and i will post some pictures of 2 LCD clock "batteries type" which i think will look ok Why do you need of the other stuff ! trip would be nice but that would need so type of sensor to be wired back to the unit sound like hard work to me . Now with the fuel .... with the 4 tanks i used when i run the bike in so at first not above 4k and then not above 6k the fuel consumption was good about 22km per L .Last night on the way back from Zimbo on the Expressway i gunned it for the last 160 km doing 160+ most of the time with a few times hitting 190+ the fuel consumption dropped down to 11km per L , so riding around town with some nice runs doing 120 KMH the consumption should be ok, with a range from the tank to be 300+ KM but if you gun it the bike drinks alot

I can confirm the bike is good for 200 KMH with the best i had last night was 210 KMH by way of the bike instrument reading only no GPS reading
    Not just a clock. Actually the purpose is to be able to have some method other than relying on memory or pen & paper to note down mileage etc. Especially useful for fuel and distance calculation, so trip-meter/tripometer is what is really lacking. Clock is low down on the wants/needs totem pole actually.

8. #38 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Not just a clock. Actually the purpose is to be able to have some method other than relying on memory or pen & paper to note down mileage etc. Especially useful for fuel and distance calculation, so trip-meter/tripometer is what is really lacking. Clock is low down on the wants/needs totem pole actually.

I have just posted about the LCD clock just fitted to my TR here is the link :

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...3074#post63074

Just hope then Doc your good wife cooks your food when you get home mine has been cold lately Dam no clock ....

9. #39 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi 650TR Rider

Thank you for posting picture i will post a picture of my bike as well with yours so you can clearly see the diffance

My bike above

650tr lean bike.jpg

Your bike above

I have found it make it a lot easy now to get the bike up straight before moving of
    Think you should get the stand extension A.K.A
    "Bigfoot" machined up and sell on internet.. ;)

Maybe CFMoto should be monitoring this site... for improvement ideas... but if what I am hearing from these sites is correct... CFMoto dont give a F**** if that is not correct... Would a representative of CFMoto please reply to the contrary :)

I could do with my side stand being longer too :)

10. #40 Re: Bikerdocs' 650TR (CF650-2) review 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi Doc

On the fuel economy for me, there is a massive improvemwnt... but then again I did come down from Bandit 1250 SA ABS....I am doing same journey same speeds... with the bandit 1250 where I would fill up on a Monday morning and then again on the Thursday morning... now I filled up my first tankfull on a Monday morning and then it wasnt till the following Wednesday.. which onlt needed 12L so the was still around 5.5L in the tank... i could probably get away with only filling up every 9 days now.. but not hqving a low fuel warning makes me nervous. So I fill up sooner than I need to... anyway, everytime I have filled up the most that has gone into the tank is 12.9L and thats brimming it on ever fill up.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast