Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: hello from uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 hello from uk 
    C-Moto Noob
    hello, i have had a lexmoto vixen for about 5 weeks now, great forum here, lots to read. the bike is a joy to look at and pleasant to ride so far!

2. #2 Re: hello from uk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hey welcome to the board, there are a few of us Brits on the board, it's a great board lots of activity and friendly helpful people

3. #3 Re: hello from uk 
    C-Moto Noob
    thanks!

4. #4 Re: hello from uk 
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen54 View Post
    hello, i have had a lexmoto vixen for about 5 weeks now, great forum here, lots to read. the bike is a joy to look at and pleasant to ride so far!
    Hi vixen

welcome to MCM and some of the Brits live in china as well back in the UK i used to live in Essex
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #5 Re: hello from uk 
    C-Moto Noob
    hello prince id love to visit china, aint got the money right now tho, i bet a hn/vixen is loads cheaper in china?

6. #6 Re: hello from uk 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi To all from Kent, UK

7. #7 Re: hello from uk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi Trrider, welcome to the board, a growing band of 650 riders on here now

8. #8 Re: hello from uk 
    Quote Originally Posted by 650TR Rider View Post
    Hi To all from Kent, UK
    Hi 650TR

How is the bike going .... have you had a problem with the water pump leaking ... and what about gears 2nd to 3rd some people have said some time it dont engage gears when going up ..
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

9. #9 Re: hello from uk 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi 650TR

How is the bike going .... have you had a problem with the water pump leaking ... and what about gears 2nd to 3rd some people have said some time it dont engage gears when going up ..

No problems with water pump leaking, although good to know about that. Will keep my eye on that. The gears - what I found was the gear shift lever was set far too high, so had to take my foot off the peg, lift it up to change down, and when changing up sometimes had problem with engaging 2nd /3rd... Don't know if this is the same problem... What I did was remove the 8mm bolt pull the gear shift lever off splined shaft... Move it down a few splines on the shaft so it was in a more natural position... Re-fit bolt... All good now no more problems.

The rest of the bike, well it's been made to a price so it not going to be the same quality as say a Honda Pan or BMW... I accepted that when I bought the bike. That said it does cost less than half the price than those makes and more than £3,500 less than a Honda deauville . It doesn't seem any worse or better than the bandit 1250SA ABS I part exchanged for the 650TR.

Will have a better idea on quality of finish once it has gone through a UK winter, where they salt and grit the roads here, I ride in all weather in UK except when snow has settled, far too risky.

The switches all feel good, the key could have been made from better quality Steel, bit flimsy.. As are the two pannier locks.. Not sure if this has low fuel warning, not let it get that low yet. The front screen could do with the top part being curved outward so any rain droplets could be deflected up and away rather than directly at rider, the clear screen covering the cluster instrumentation could do with being non reflective... Speedo numbers bigger or better still in LCD, trip meter, theLCD info could be black or very dark grey rather than feint grey (not very easy to see) the light to confirm side stand down could be better used as a low fuel warning light, a clock would be nice, rear pegs could be a bit lower, centre stand or option for one would be nice, making the panniers removable (for easier cleaning of the bike) would be nice to have. All of these would be nice to have but the lack of them has not made the bike ownership bad. As I have had the bike only just getting on for two weeks will report back with any problems encountered during ownership, hopefully won't be any or very few and minor ones :)

What I would like is a top box for the bike if anyone knows who sells them, have been told that importer will be selling top boxes hopefully by end of September/October here in UK.

10. #10 Re: hello from uk 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by choldy View Post
    Hi Trrider, welcome to the board, a growing band of 650 riders on here now
    Hi choldy, thanks for the welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast