Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Xingfu 250A for sale in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I've got a Xingfu 250A on my hands that I'd like to unload. I bought it for use as my first motorcycle, but it's really better-suited to be a second or third bike as opposed to a daily rider, as it's a two-stroke that requires regular maintenance. As a learner, that's not really best for me, so I'd like to sell it and try to find something a bit easier to handle.

This bike is a collector's item amongst China motorbike enthusiasts, as the Xingfu company is now defunct and no longer makes these vintage-styled bikes.

I bought the bike secondhand with a solo seat already on it, as well as a broken speedometer, which I have replaced. I added new side mirrors (not shown in photos), and I have the old speedo if you want it for nostalgia's sake. I can also give you a bottle of two-stroke motor oil to get you going.

The bike starts, but the engine idles super-high to the point of being unrideable at the moment. It's more than just a simple twist of the idling screw, and I lack the expertise to figure it out. This bike would be ideal for display as a collector's item, or for weekend rides after you sort out the engine's issues. Unless you have access to a garage, I wouldn't recommend it as a daily rider.

Let me know if you are interested, and we can go together to check it out. It's currently resting in my friend's motorcycle garage near the West 2nd Ring Road. Asking price is 8,000 RMB.

IMAG0461.jpgIMAG0462.jpg
    Last edited by dteeban; 08-25-2013 at 03:59 AM.

2. #2 Re: Xingfu 250A for sale in Shanghai 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Hi - next time you are at the bike, can you look at the VIN plate (should be affixed just above the down tube) and tell me what the month/year of manufacture is?

I am looking for a 250A in a specific date range, to bring it back as an example of one of China Post bikes. These were made only during a certain period, and that period of the run was only China Post bikes. People that got their hands on them ended up repainting and modifying them.

It is a shot in the dark, but who knows.

Thanks!

3. #3 Re: Xingfu 250A for sale in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I don't know when I'll be going there next, but sure, I can do that for you. There are 3 other Xingfus there as well, but they are not mine. You're welcome to come with me and check out the others; if one of them matches your date range, perhaps the owner will sell it to you.

4. #4 Re: Xingfu 250A for sale in Shanghai 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I am in Beijing, so it is not convenient for me to "pop by." The easiest would be by year: 1982 - 1984 was when the Posties were made (during only certain months & only during certain serial number runs). A 1982-1984 bike is rare enough, but a China Post bike is even more rare. My collection is missing one.

I'm much more into vintage cars, but in China, I have to settle for bikes. I have a collection of these 250As, and they are really cool, in my opinion. Run/ride like crap, but that is all part of the experience. And you are right - the Chinese demand for XF 250As is increasing year by year ... lots of nostalgia happening here. I saw a collection at the 798 Art District (Beijing), and they attracted a lot of attention from the Chinese crowds, pining for the good old days! It seems everyone has a XingFu story.

5. #5 Re: Xingfu 250A for sale in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I think mine is newer than that, but I'll take a look nonetheless next time I'm there.

I actually really enjoy riding this bike. It's my first bike, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I was able to learn on it just fine. The only problem is the amount of maintenance it requires. I can't keep up without my own garage.