Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 DongFang MC-D250-RTC-B (Naked-style bike) 
    C-Moto Regular
    So I did the purchase, not too much for the sports bikes (the regular RTC), as the riding ergonomics are more leaned forward compared to the RTC-B, and they're more prone to be stolen by idiots (which there seem to be plenty of in Miami).

I've been looking up some specs, and between the two, aside from the digital tach, and the side panels, the RTC-B seems to be exactly the same bike.

From the photo's I've been able to determine, that the RTC (racing) has a 46T rear sprocket, while the RTC-B has a 42T rear sprocket.
    Roughly estimated of course, because the pics are low quality.

That means the racing bike accelerates faster, but needs quicker gear shifts, and has less MPG in top gear, because the naked bike revs about 15% lower, and might even be faster than the racing bike.

From the pictures, and roughly estimated, I think the RTC-B can do 30T lowest, which should be excellent as a cruising setup; as the 250's generally do 80MPH easily, but I'm generally not going to ride them beyond 60MPH anyway. I'm not too fond of running them at a constant 6k RPM, so if I could drop that to 4k RPM I would be a happy camper!

I have a similar gearing setup with the MC-05-127, a ~125cc motorcycle of 230LBS, and it barely can keep up with normal accelerating traffic, but it can.
    Once upto speed the lower teeth count rear sprocket really is a joy to ride, as well as it's high 105MPG numbers!
    230LBS dry, with a 160LBS rider, comes down to 400LBS that the 125cc has to push.
    With a 31T sprocket it goes upto 55MPH, 60MPH when going behind a truck; and cruising happily between 4 and 5k RPM at top speed.
    The 250cc will be double the cc's pushing the 305LBS dry + 160 rider = ~475 LBS more than likely to a good 70MPH with a modified (30T) rear sprocket.

The weight difference is just under 20%, while the cc's are double, probably resulting in 200% of power pushing 120% of the weight of the 125 bike, or 1,5x the acceleration/power.

So more than likely, just as long as the bike accelerates ok from a standstill, it'll be more upto the task than the bike I currently have, which feels like I'm always pushing it to the limit of the power envelope during acceleration, or during highway rides where it's 55-60MPH is completely maxed out (riding WOT).

2. #2 Re: DongFang MC-D250-RTC-B (Naked-style bike) 
    C-Moto Regular

3. #3 Re: DongFang MC-D250-RTC-B (Naked-style bike) 
    C-Moto Regular

4. #4 Re: DongFang MC-D250-RTC-B (Naked-style bike) 
    C-Moto Regular
    Ordered just over 1 month ago, they took my money fast, but still hasn't arrived.
    No clear answer from MX Motorsports on what happened and where the bike is. What do you guys think I should do, cancel the order?

5. #5 Re: DongFang MC-D250-RTC-B (Naked-style bike) 
    C-Moto Senior
    I think that is a good looking street roadster!