Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Authorized Kawasaki dealer (Beijing) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    FHL Motors in Beijing has become an authorized Kawasaki dealer. FHL is currently the authorized dealer for Vespa, large-displacement Suzukis (e.g., Hayabusa and the Boulevard), Piaggio, Benelli, and a few other brands. It is also Beijing's largest dealer of genuine Alpinestar riding gear, and Shoei helmets, with a good selection.

FHL has 4 models arriving within a month, or two (prices exclude sales tax & plates). These are, of course, legal bikes.

1) Ninja 1000 (ABS) - 185,000 rmb (more info)

2) ER6F (ABS) - 79,500 rmb (more info)

3) ER6N (ABS) - 76,000 rmb (more info)

4) Z 250 - 38,000 rmb (more info)

2. #2 Re: Authorized Kawasaki dealer (Beijing) 
    same price is being offered here in shanghai,

here is the link http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...f-0-import-tax

still can't wrap my head around the this thing, same price as smuggle bikes you see in taobao, but dealer claims it's 100% legit.

Considering import duty rate of 45% and VAT rate of 17%, Consumption Tax rate is 3% the price seems impossible. Still waiting

for further info, valid explanation/computation "any breakdown will do".....

3. #3 Re: Authorized Kawasaki dealer (Beijing) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crismoe' View Post
    still can't wrap my head around the this thing, same price as smuggle bikes you see in taobao, but dealer claims it's 100% legit.
    It seems that there are some market adjustments happening. A friend is buying the Ducati 795 from the dealer - 119,000 rmb, brand new, legal, with full warranty, etc. A year ago, the new Duc 696 was about 180K, and smuggled new ones (illegal) were about half that price. It will be a hard for an existing legal 696 owner to recoup much of the initial selling price, and the illegal ones are obviously also going to take a hit. There are a few illegal 696s for sale around 60-70K, with 10K kms on them, scratched up, and no warranty - nobody is touching them. Guy next to my workshop (he's a used-bike dealer) just had a couple, and he felt really lucky to have got about 45K for them. Qili has one 696 that it has been trying to sell forever at 55K (but it is beat up).

Same is happening with BMWs, given the 120K price of the new F700, and the 200K price of the water-cooled R1200GS. A year ago, the F650GS (twin cylinder, ABS) was around 140K (guessing at the ABS option price). A guy was recently trying to sell his 2012 F650GS on the HOG website. It was a nice tri-color with some extra options (expensive), and had only 700 kms on it (flawless) - the seller had to drop to an 85K asking price (without plate - it was an extra 45K for the A plate). I think the bike ended up selling for 80K, without the plate (buyer switched to a B plate). Ouch. The original owner lost about 50% on his barely-used bike in under a year (140K plus taxes & add-ons = approximately 160K, but he only received about 80K). I've also noticed that the illegal F800s are dropping to an asking price of around 75-80K for a nice one, from an early 2013 average of around 100-110K.

These Kawi prices seem not bad. For example, the Z 250 is a nice bike and not bad at 38K. There have been a few Ninja 250s (illegal, and heavily used) that were selling in the 20-25K range just this last Spring, early Summer. These Ninja 250 prices will likely fall.

BTW, FHL (Beijing) was one of the first "reasonable" bike dealers in Beijing (started with the lowly CJ). It has a long history, and is now very well established. It isn't a fly-by-night "importer".

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
    Last edited by Lao Jia Hou; 08-29-2013 at 09:05 PM.

4. #4 Re: Authorized Kawasaki dealer (Beijing) 

Considering import duty rate of 45% and VAT rate of 17%, Consumption Tax rate is 3% the price seems impossible. Still waiting

I presume Kawasaki is targeting several cities at the same time, they just opened up an official dealership in northern Hongqiao.
    They might have done the same in Pudong, perhaps even more locations.
    100% legit imports.

5. #5 Re: Authorized Kawasaki dealer (Beijing) 

Not really, the duty is on costs, the value of the import is what is paid for it by the Chinese distributor.
    A 165% increase on cost of likely around $3,000.00USD, which is possible out the factory in Thailand, in fact probably likely since the retail price in Thailand is about 5k.

A 165% increase puts its cost at $5k in China and the difference between that, the retail price, in China is the distributors profit margin.

That or they have reduced the tariffs on Thailand imports and I really do not think that is the case.

I do not disagree that some claim that customs in China set values on imports, but in the case of KHI as the importer customs have to abide by the WTO terms of agreement and it is valued at its actually cost in that.

Thailand allows solely owned foreign operations, in the face of Asian financial crisis of 1997 Thailand did two things, they began to allow direct solely owned manufacturing and also reduced the corporate taxes.
    The results of that are obvious today.
    Last edited by MJH; 08-30-2013 at 02:26 PM.

6. #6 Re: Authorized Kawasaki dealer (Beijing) 
    The CFmoto bikes just lost a lot of their appeal, which was essentially being a legal big bike without an insane price tag.

I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to pay 80k for the real thing.

Any news of a Versys?